• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jimbo Fisher blasts players

Status
Not open for further replies.
grizcountry420 said:
VimSince03 said:
grizcountry420 said:
poorgriz said:
It's overrated unless the griz were focusing heavily on getting all the MT players they can while the Cats were looking elsewhere. Then most of griz nation would be preaching about how important it is to recruit MT players so heavily, and calling MSU Bozangeles, Texas U, etc. :roll:

The ones that are preaching about how important it is to recruit the state dont know much anyways..

:lol: I know plenty. Sorry I pushed it off topic. Back to Jimbo Fisher and being "tough!"

I like you.. You're a good poster!

:lol:

Vim when are you guys going to get back into talking about "OwningTheState" and "BeatingTheSky" over there on BN? Its been boring. :)

But to add some input on the "being tough" discussion, it really all comes down to recruiting if you think about it. Bob Stitt is an aggressive recruiter in terms of "getting to know" his potential commits. This is how he determine if the player fits the culture. Shoot, it's the only way in my mind. You can watch the highlight tape all you want but if that personality isn't a fit, it simply won't work. You have to do some heavy digging at times to understand the personality of an 18 year old. If you bring the kid in, you believe he can adapt to the culture. Now if that player fails to adapt, as a coach I would take that as a failure on my part as a recruiter and coach.

But like some of you have stated, this happens every year at every college football program. Coaches miss on kids. It happens!!! When you bring recruits into your program, there is an expectation that the recruits knew what they were signing up for in terms of the culture and the type of coaching they will receive. As a coach, it would keep me up at night thinking "maybe I didn't recruit the kid the right way" or "maybe I wasn't completely honest with him" or whatever. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I could almost guarantee Bob Stitt feels sick for Dalton and him leaving the team. He really envisioned him being a great Grizzly, I can assure you that. I feel bad for every kid on every college program who doesn't get to live out his dream. Attrition sucks, plain and simple.

However, the WR position will always be loaded under Bob Stitt. The talent will always be there whether certain players leave or not. From a roster standpoint, Daum leaving is a wash because you can replace him with a recruit like Toure or Nash. Like I said, talent will continue to cycle in at the WR position.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
grizcountry420 said:
VimSince03 said:
grizcountry420 said:
The ones that are preaching about how important it is to recruit the state dont know much anyways..

:lol: I know plenty. Sorry I pushed it off topic. Back to Jimbo Fisher and being "tough!"

Vim when are you guys going to get back into talking about "OwningTheState" and "BeatingTheSky" over there on BN? Its been boring. :)

I have a Montana Recruits 2017 thread over there. Go check it out! I could even tell you what 2017 Montana recruits the Griz are high on...and who they will likely land if you connect the dots.

TCCGRIZ said:
"If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen" So what if they are assholes ,If these young men can not handle it they should go back to there mom's basement . I guarantee there are plenty of young men that would love to be in a position to play ball at the upper level . Hard work never hurt anyone and no ones hand should be held in the process !! All this pissing and moaning about it does not help . What happens when these kids get into the real world ( that's right, you get the kids that want everything for free . free tuition, taking parents to court cause they wasted the money their parents gave them for an education )
Most parents give their kids a roof over their heads and food on the table and the opportunity to do better than they did. I ask ,what more do you need in life? There are a lot of kids out there today that are just to soft !!
If my children ( Adults now ) acted like that , Oh ,wait they know better that to pull crap like that.
Sorry for the rant fellas ,but all this pissing and moaning back and forth is idiotic . I know it has been a long offseason but "come on, let it go " . To these kids I would say two things " Life is hard sometimes so what " and " Never stop doing your best just because someone doesn't give you credit "

One more " Life is a garden dig it!!!!

Now can we start some real football threads ???
Anyone ?????

Nope. If a coach or a program gets a reputation for being too hard with or unfair to players, some players, including good ones who have multiple choices, will go elsewhere. The replacements may not quite be at the quality level.

grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:
In this case of this coaching staff, I hope they realize the importance of recruiting Montana kids. I don't think the Montana schools can be successful in the long run, keep attendance consistently high, and live without in the limited budget, without attracting the top Montana kids and the many lesser players and walk-ons who may develop into starters and will be contributors. I don't think as many people will drive long distances to most of the games, unless there are alot of Montana kids on the field, at least not in the long run.

I don't know where the new coaches line up on some of these things. I know they want to win. I know they want a clean program. I know they want to increase the level of talent and have more uniform commitment. In general, all of those things are positive.

Are you saying that Montana kids are soft......pampered.....lazy.....so they can't handle some tough love......

Nope. Two different subjects. On the subject of toughness and work ethic, former players have told me that one reason behind the importance of having alot of MT kids is that, overall, they are a bit tougher and have a better work ethic, and love the opportunity of playing with the Griz (or the Cats)--and that tends to rub off on the non-MT kids.

PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:
In this case of this coaching staff, I hope they realize the importance of recruiting Montana kids. I don't think the Montana schools can be successful in the long run, keep attendance consistently high, and live without in the limited budget, without attracting the top Montana kids and the many lesser players and walk-ons who may develop into starters and will be contributors. I don't think as many people will drive long distances to most of the games, unless there are alot of Montana kids on the field, at least not in the long run.

I don't know where the new coaches line up on some of these things. I know they want to win. I know they want a clean program. I know they want to increase the level of talent and have more uniform commitment. In general, all of those things are positive.

Are you saying that Montana kids are soft......pampered.....lazy.....so they can't handle some tough love......

Nope. Two different subjects. On the subject of toughness and work ethic, former players have told me that one reason behind the importance of having alot of MT kids is that, overall, they are a bit tougher and have a better work ethic, and love the opportunity of playing with the Griz (or the Cats)--and that tends to rub off on the non-MT kids.

Hmmmm.... Growler and PR on the same page? Nice....

CV Griz Fan said:
PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:

huh....

CV Griz Fan said:
PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:
PlayerRep said:

I had the exact same thought. Ironic isn't it?

Maybe they can now meet at the Mo Club and bro out!

Raider said:
CV Griz Fan said:
PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:

If you think I am growler.....you are very mistaken....

grizindabox said:
Raider said:
CV Griz Fan said:
PlayerRep said:

Uh, no, not at all.

Over on maroon blood, growlers rants on and on and on and on and on about the number of Montana kids. He even goes as far as flat out making players up that don't exist to support his argument.

We are just pointing out the irony that Jackie and Stevie agree.

Raider said:
grizindabox said:
Raider said:
CV Griz Fan said:

Uh, no, not at all.

Over on maroon blood, growlers rants on and on and on and on and on about the number of Montana kids. He even goes as far as flat out making players up that don't exist to support his argument.

Gotcha....I always prefer quality over quantity.....

VimSince03 said:
But to add some input on the "being tough" discussion, it really all comes down to recruiting if you think about it. Bob Stitt is an aggressive recruiter in terms of "getting to know" his potential commits. This is how he determine if the player fits the culture. Shoot, it's the only way in my mind. You can watch the highlight tape all you want but if that personality isn't a fit, it simply won't work. You have to do some heavy digging at times to understand the personality of an 18 year old. If you bring the kid in, you believe he can adapt to the culture. Now if that player fails to adapt, as a coach I would take that as a failure on my part as a recruiter and coach.

But like some of you have stated, this happens every year at every college football program. Coaches miss on kids. It happens!!! When you bring recruits into your program, there is an expectation that the recruits knew what they were signing up for in terms of the culture and the type of coaching they will receive. As a coach, it would keep me up at night thinking "maybe I didn't recruit the kid the right way" or "maybe I wasn't completely honest with him" or whatever. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I could almost guarantee Bob Stitt feels sick for Dalton and him leaving the team. He really envisioned him being a great Grizzly, I can assure you that. I feel bad for every kid on every college program who doesn't get to live out his dream. Attrition sucks, plain and simple.

However, the WR position will always be loaded under Bob Stitt. The talent will always be there whether certain players leave or not. From a roster standpoint, Daum leaving is a wash because you can replace him with a recruit like Toure or Nash. Like I said, talent will continue to cycle in at the WR position.

you are spot on about Stitt getting to know players during the recruiting process. I remember reading one of the player's interviews where he talked about Stitt almost giving him a job interview over the phone before they even went to see him in person. It was along the lines of a 75-100 item questionnaire which would give Stitt and the coaches at better feel on whether the kid was worth pursuing and would be a good fit. I thought that was pretty interesting

Raider said:
grizindabox said:
Raider said:
CV Griz Fan said:

Uh, no, not at all.

Yes. What Raider said.

VimSince03 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
grizcountry420 said:
VimSince03 said:

I have a Montana Recruits 2017 thread over there. Go check it out! I could even tell you what 2017 Montana recruits the Griz are high on...and who they will likely land if you connect the dots.
Where do you rank the tailback from Big Fork I think had around thirteen hundred yards rushing last year , if I remember the playoff game against Loyola he had over three hundred all purpose yards ?

catsack said:
VimSince03 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
grizcountry420 said:

Where do you rank the tailback from Big Fork I think had around thirteen hundred yards rushing last year , if I remember the playoff game against Loyola he had over three hundred all purpose yards ?

I always enjoy your recruiting opinions!

catsack said:
VimSince03 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
grizcountry420 said:

Matthew Farrier? I like him. Hits the hole hard, runs well, and is a good catcher out of the backfield. However, he is small at 5'9", 165 lbs. Fits into the slotback mold on offense. If he has any chance getting recruited by the FCS, it would be at corner in my opinion. He isn't currently in my top 50 but my top 50 will be changing throughout the year. I have about 5-6 running backs ahead of him and its going to be a down year for running backs in Montana next year. Right now, my top rated running back is Jase Stokes from Havre and he is #30 overall which basically means he is a PWO kid. And Stokes is more of a FB/LB type. If Matt puts up good track numbers and adds about 15 more pounds, he will get looks. He's athletic enough.

VimSince03 said:
catsack said:
VimSince03 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Matthew Farrier? I like him. Hits the hole hard, runs well, and is a good catcher out of the backfield. However, he is small at 5'9", 165 lbs. Fits into the slotback mold on offense. If he has any chance getting recruited by the FCS, it would be at corner in my opinion. He isn't currently in my top 50 and I have about 5-6 running backs ahead of him but its going to be a down year for running backs in Montana next year and my top 50 will be changing throughout the year. Right now, my top rated running back is Jase Stokes from Havre and he is #30 overall which basically means he is a PWO kid. And Stokes is more of a FB/LB type. If Matt puts up good track numbers and adds about 15 more pounds, he will get looks. He's athletic enough.

Cant remember...how big was Chase Reynolds coming into his first year?

PlayerRep said:
TCCGRIZ said:
"If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen" So what if they are assholes ,If these young men can not handle it they should go back to there mom's basement . I guarantee there are plenty of young men that would love to be in a position to play ball at the upper level . Hard work never hurt anyone and no ones hand should be held in the process !! All this pissing and moaning about it does not help . What happens when these kids get into the real world ( that's right, you get the kids that want everything for free . free tuition, taking parents to court cause they wasted the money their parents gave them for an education )
Most parents give their kids a roof over their heads and food on the table and the opportunity to do better than they did. I ask ,what more do you need in life? There are a lot of kids out there today that are just to soft !!
If my children ( Adults now ) acted like that , Oh ,wait they know better that to pull crap like that.
Sorry for the rant fellas ,but all this pissing and moaning back and forth is idiotic . I know it has been a long offseason but "come on, let it go " . To these kids I would say two things " Life is hard sometimes so what " and " Never stop doing your best just because someone doesn't give you credit "

Anyone ?????

Nope. If a coach or a program gets a reputation for being too hard with or unfair to players, some players, including good ones who have multiple choices, will go elsewhere. The replacements may not quite be at the quality level.

Very good post TCC, I guessing there was way more to your point than what was pointed out by rep. :thumb:

5'10", 190 lbs. which is still a good sized back in high school. One of the best RBs to ever come out of the state of Montana and he was still unsure if he could play RB for the Griz. But overall this article does an excellent job of breaking down the four main characteristics that make up great running backs.

http://missoulian.com/college/griz/everyone-s-chasing-montana-s-chase-reynolds/article_a7bd776a-b30b-11df-9e37-001cc4c002e0.html

Eyes, Hands, Legs, ......and Heart

PlayerRep said:
TCCGRIZ said:

Anyone ?????

Good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back