• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jeremy Calhoun

mtgrizrule said:
rgrizfan said:
grizpack said:
BTW: We won today... Big ... Without those that chose not to play.... Life goes on... I wish the best to Mr. Calhoun. But he will be replaced. Just as we all will when we leave our jobs.

Good talk folks.....

Sounds to me that he asked if he could stay at his "job" for another year and the "boss" said he didn't want him. jmo

That is more true than you think. :thumb:

Actually, it sounds like he asked if he could take the rest of this year off from his job, and then expected the boss keep the job open for him next year.

alabamagrizzly said:
mtgrizrule said:
alabamagrizzly said:
kemajic said:
Not holding my breath on that one.

I think that would cost him the redshirt, and if that’s what all of this is about, I’d not expect to see him. Hoping, if what most the rumors are saying are true, that Bobby and him can sit down after the season and work this out and he’ll be back in a Grizzly uniform next year.

As great as that would be, it would take an almost miracle for Hauck to do it. Likely, Jeremy Calhoun has played his last snap as a GRIZ.

Sadly I think your right. I can see Bobby wanting him to move on too simply for the fact of his health. I’m sure most of Griz nation cringes every time he lowers his head while running the ball like I do.

That is a great "out" for Hauck to use. That is likely what they will use as well. I have to admit it, I am always praying for the best, every time Calhoun carries the rock. He's taken some absolutely nasty hits in his time as a GRIZ. I sure will always remember his toughness. He always falls forward too. :thumb:

I think Hauck has been recruiting and handing out scholarships based on the belief that JC was exhausting his eligibility. Now JC wants to redshirt roughly 1 month before signing day and there is not a spot available.

Jeremy put Hauck on the line with his off field behavior. In a time Hauck needs his players to behave more than ever Jeremy failed to do that. He was suspended for his assault charges otherwise this discussion would most likely not be occuring. I wouldn't blame Hauck for not agreeing to another year. The Griz will RTD but it will take a little time with the right players.

AllWeatherFan said:
Glib, arrogant, something a total prick would do. I’m not talking about Calhoun.

So let me ask you this, which other player or position depth do you pull a scholarship so one is available?

Sucks all the way around but the player clearly wanted to redshirt and Bobby, for any one or more of a number of reasons - player health, player conduct, available scholarships, current recruiting strategy, outstanding scholarship offers - decided not to offer a full or partial scholarship for the 2019 season. I understand the player's desire to play another season but I also understand why a coach may decide otherwise, especially considering the fact that granting a redshirt is the sole discretion of the head coach. Calhoun should be able to find a landing spot if he wants to play football next year.

There is one other mortal sin with Hauck as few players learned Haucks second day here. Cutting class. JC unlike his brother is NOT a stellar student.........

grizindabox said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Robby Hauck's.

Now you are just being glib and arrogant...a total prick

Actually this brings up a very interesting point. If Robby missed some of his senior season (injury or something) and only played 4 games and asked his pops for a redshirt, does Bobby have the same answer for Robby. Aren’t all these kids his boys? Deep thoughts by HookedOnGriz

HookedonGriz said:
grizindabox said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Robby Hauck's.

Actually this brings up a very interesting point. If Robby missed some of his senior season (injury or something) and only played 4 games and asked his pops for a redshirt, does Bobby have the same answer for Robby. Aren’t all these kids his boys? Deep thoughts by HookedOnGriz

Thought I heard once Robby wasn't on scholarship.

Ursus1 said:
HookedonGriz said:
grizindabox said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Robby Hauck's.

Thought I heard once Robby wasn't on scholarship.

+1

HookedonGriz said:
grizindabox said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Robby Hauck's.

Does Robby ask for it prior to November?

HookedonGriz said:
grizindabox said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Robby Hauck's.

Many will say "It depends on if Robby is cracking skulls downtown in the offseason". Credit to me for not saying that.

grizindabox said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Robby Hauck's.

+1. AWF is classless. Kind of reminds me of those dick-bag posters who continually over-play the, I know something that you don't game. Real fuckwads! Ain't that right, box?

Ursa Major said:
grizindabox said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Robby Hauck's.

+1. AWF is classless. Kind of reminds me of those dick-bag posters who continually over-play the, I know something that you don't game. Real f***[*]! Ain't that right, box?

or maybe it was based on him calling Hauck a glib arrogant prick for his decision....maybe

Back