• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Is Bobby on the hot seat??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Westcoastfan said:
What is Hauck’s record in national championship games? I know Reed has won a Natty but I forget Bobby’s record in that game.

He’s definitely no stranger to national championship games. Hope you guys get to experience one this year! It’s been a while.

Thought this deserved a bump. If gris miss the playoffs in year 5 of boobie I believe he should be on the hotseat. With all the assets UM has how is this the status of the team year 5?

If the team wins a few games in the playoffs, how big of a raise does Hauck deserve? If Johnson returns and the O puts up good numbers, does Rosie deserve a raise?

Bobby is a great salesman and a salesman for himself. Should have been a car salesman maybe in his second life. He has most bought in with nothing to show for it.

I see a new culture and direction a very healthy move for the program.

To my knowledge this was supposed to be the year… a 7-4 season paired with the drop off in talent next year will make the seat even hotter for Bobby and Co. in 2023

CatsRback said:
To my knowledge this was supposed to be the year… a 7-4 season paired with the drop off in talent next year will make the seat even hotter for Bobby and Co. in 2023

Agreed about this supposedly being “the year”.

Disagree about the talent. I’ve come to accept the fact it’s coaching failures. Inability to coach up. Inability to develop players. Playing favorites. Dog housing players for no reason (see Xavier Harris, et.al.,), screamer’s mentality, players checking out. And yes, some recruiting misses.

AZGrizFan said:
CatsRback said:

Disagree about the talent. I’ve come to accept the fact it’s coaching failures. Inability to coach up. Inability to develop players. Playing favorites. Dog housing players for no reason (see Xavier Harris, et.al.,), screamer’s mentality, players checking out. And yes, some recruiting misses.

Yeah when I visit BCN, some posters want Vigen to scream and show more emotion. I don’t think those kids need to be fired up anymore than they already are. I’ve always thought “if you need someone to fire you up to run out of that tunnel you’ve already lost”. Especially with our new run out. It’s incredible. Even mid game. Don’t you think those kids know they messed up? They’re running on adrenaline highs and you’re screaming at them. Idk, I don’t think it’s productive.

To your talent part, if you don’t recruit well or develop you are left with a gap in talent. I do think next years team without a plethora of transfers will have a steep learning curve.

CatsRback said:
AZGrizFan said:

Yeah when I visit BCN, some posters want Vigen to scream and show more emotion. I don’t think those kids need to be fired up anymore than they already are. I’ve always thought “if you need someone to fire you up to run out of that tunnel you’ve already lost”. Especially with our new run out. It’s incredible. Even mid game. Don’t you think those kids know they messed up? They’re running on adrenaline highs and you’re screaming at them. Idk, I don’t think it’s productive.

To your talent part, if you don’t recruit well or develop you are left with a gap in talent. I do think next years team without a plethora of transfers will have a steep learning curve.

Well maybe it’s semantics then. Brown threw 31 TD’s his senior HS season. His numbers have gotten progressively WORSE each year in the system. Flowers has gotten NO better as a WR in four years. Harris has regressed. Childs can’t see the field. O-linemen can’t be developed and leave the team. Yes, it ENDS UP as a gap in talent, but I don’t think the talent was lacking when the players got here. I think I’m done bagging on Brown, or anyone else that’s actually playing. I’ve shifted my thinking and am putting the responsibility where it really lies: the coaching staff and coaching philosophy. Until THAT changes, we won’t see much of a difference around here. Padded schedules with Lots of 7-4, 8-3 seasons with a couple playoff games.

Of course the answer to the op question is No. I might not agree with it but certain fans, some big time donors, and the AD who appears to be afraid of both BH and TDC all have more influence than most of us. Some people attract blind allegience, in politics, in business and in coaching and Hauck is one of them. Personally I think he is a good coach but his personality traits like stubborness and ego prevent him from being a great coach. Right now I count at least four BSC coaches who are better in many ways. I don't know who it was, possibly AZ, who pointed out all the e-griz unfounded assumptions of hiring new coaches, like it takes 3 years to get his players on the field, simply by pointing out the reality of first year coach Eck at Idaho. He didn't get a chance to recruit much and had to make do for the most part with the recruits of putrid Petrino, and is winning right out of the gate. I know UM is not going to get rid of Hauck and as long as you keep buying the product then you (those who continue to support BH) are just as much a part of the problem as he is. I would just settle for some new blood at OC and Oline but with big name blind support even those options are off the table.

I definitely do not think it is a talent issue, Grossman and Bergen would be getting double digit touches on any other big sky team. I feel the game has passed Boobie and this staff bye, they have not evolved with the times college football today is much different yen 2008. He definitely plays favorites, puts players in the doghouse and divides the locker room. Sulser and Buchini are examples of guys who were not “Bobby’s guys”. Stand by for even more transfers.

AZGrizFan said:
CatsRback said:

Well maybe it’s semantics then. Brown threw 31 TD’s his senior HS season. His numbers have gotten progressively WORSE each year in the system. Flowers has gotten NO better as a WR in four years. Harris has regressed. Childs can’t see the field. O-linemen can’t be developed and leave the team. Yes, it ENDS UP as a gap in talent, but I don’t think the talent was lacking when the players got here. I think I’m done bagging on Brown, or anyone else that’s actually playing. I’ve shifted my thinking and am putting the responsibility where it really lies: the coaching staff and coaching philosophy. Until THAT changes, we won’t see much of a difference around here. Padded schedules with Lots of 7-4, 8-3 seasons with a couple playoff games.
You could not have said it better! Just an honest and factual statement. Give him another two years and the wins aren't going to improve and I see no championships in the next two years. To many areas of deficiencies for us to go all the way. Winning 8 or 10 games isn't a successful year or just wanting to beat the cats. It is to win championships!!

mule said:
AZGrizFan said:
You could not have said it better! Just an honest and factual statement. Give him another two years and the wins aren't going to improve and I see no championships in the next two years. To many areas of deficiencies for us to go all the way. Winning 8 or 10 games isn't a successful year or just wanting to beat the cats. It is to win championships!!

Let's be honest here. Everyone knows we enjoy the biggest recruiting advantage of any FCS team in the nation, since JMU and Appy State moved up. Especially West of the Mississippi. The new athletic center widens that advantage even more. Yet we never seem to be able to recruit offensive linemen, nor QBs. The only reasonable answer is that our recruiting (or recruiters) are not keeping up with other teams.

AZGrizFan said:

TBH, I think Brown's high school numbers are a bit of fools gold. Brown played on a loaded team surrounded by tons of talent that was so much better than their opponents. That talent ballooned his numbers significantly. I think there are better high school QB's on the Griz roster now playing different positions.

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:

TBH, I think Brown's high school numbers are a bit of fools gold. Brown played on a loaded team surrounded by tons of talent that was so much better than their opponents. That talent ballooned his numbers significantly. I think there are better high school QB's on the Griz roster now playing different positions.

I agree. I can name three right off the top of my head.

41>37 said:
I definitely do not think it is a talent issue, Grossman and Bergen would be getting double digit touches on any other big sky team. I feel the game has passed Boobie and this staff bye, they have not evolved with the times college football today is much different yen 2008. He definitely plays favorites, puts players in the doghouse and divides the locker room. Sulser and Buchini are examples of guys who were not “Bobby’s guys”. Stand by for even more transfers.

+1

'68griz said:
41>37 said:

+1
Not sure of Sulser but Hauck recruited Buschini

Weird, I was under the impression that a factor in Sulser's decision to transfer was because Bergen passed him on the depth chart. Bobby playing favorites again I guess.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Weird, I was under the impression that a factor in Sulser's decision to transfer was because Bergen passed him on the depth chart. Bobby playing favorites again I guess.

And football-wise, how is that decision working out?

MikeyGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

And football-wise, how is that decision working out?
Bergen is mostly available. Sulser wasn't. So working out fine for us, not so sure for Sulser, doesn't seem to be getting much PT. May be the availability issue again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back