• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Is Bobby on the hot seat??

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lost a game we were competitive in when our starting QB and go to receiver went down early. If Cats lost Mellott on 3rd play and ifanse a drive later Cats would be singing a different song. Congrats to Cats. Griz will be better next year. When SDSU exposes the Cats as imposters next week as Cats did to SHSU their e trolls will disappear here.

Westcoastfan said:
I love the Griz fan excuses; it was the refs! It was the injuries!, etc. In reality this team had a good defense, good special teams, and a embarrassingly bad offense. That’s the facts, virtually no running game and poor offensive line play, amazing they made it as far as they did.

Bobby should spend some time developing a running game instead of stroking himself of about the punt and kick teams!

What ass-kicking loss to the Griz by your team made you so bitter, WCF?

BTW Congrats to the Bobcats. Great game. I hope you go on to win the National Championship - you know, the championship of all states but one.

Westcoastfan said:
I love the Griz fan excuses; it was the refs! It was the injuries!, etc. In reality this team had a good defense, good special teams, and a embarrassingly bad offense. That’s the facts, virtually no running game and poor offensive line play, amazing they made it as far as they did.

Bobby should spend some time developing a running game instead of stroking himself of about the punt and kick teams!

Question: Do you think the ‘Scats would be where they are if they were on their 3rd string QB, 5th string RB, lost their best WR and QB in their game last week and at one point during the were on their 3rd string center and 3rd string RG and 2nd string RT?

Asking for a friend. May sound like “excuses”….and I have no idea (nor do I care) what MSU’s injury situation was this season, but REALITY is that these injuries may have had just a tad bit to do with our “embarrassingly bad offense”….it wasn’t going to break any school records on its BEST day….with the injuries sustained prior to and through the course of the year, it’s a goddamned Christmas MIRACLE we were still playing in December….those aren’t excuses. Those are facts. If not for the suffocating defense and game-changing ST play, this could have easily been a 6-5 or worse season.

Oh, and it was good enough to manage to fucking OWN the ‘Scats.

kemajic said:
BillingsMafia said:
Being a fan through the Don Read era and transitioning to the Bobby Hauck era is difficult for me. I like being simplistic here as it is necessary but its brawn vs brains. I have always felt that way. Hauck is a very good coach just not good enough.
An opinion not based on fact. Facts can be stubborn things and get in the way of faulty judgements.

Here are some facts:

Read at UM, 85-36 (.702), BSC 54-22 (.711), 1 BSC title, 3 semis, 1 NC game

Hauck at UM, 108-29 (.788), BSC 63-14 (.818), 7 BSC titles, 4 semis, 3 NC games

If all you like is offense, Read is your guy. If you like balanced, more consistent football, it's clearly Hauck. I loved Read, but I love good defense and STs, too.
I do not agree. Comparing stats between Read and Hauck is meaningless. When Read took over from Donovan I believe, they were playing at a place called Dornblazer or something like that. The program was nothing compared to what Coach Hauck came into. I content my judgement is spot on.

I will say that comparing what Read did with what Hauck has done is meaningless because the college football landscape is not even the close to the same in 2021 as it was in 1995. Mafia is trying to live in the past and not accept the reality of football today.

Drew Burkhart (aka Westcoastfan) is an absolute blow hard. One look at his FB page will tell you all you need to know about the troll of all trolls. I wouldn’t waste my time, key strokes, or breath on him if I were any of you. After seeing that page I just felt sorry for him.

BH is not going anywhere and it is a good thing. He is actually ahead of schedule and next year will be a very good for Griz Nation.

retiredpopo said:
BH is not going anywhere and it is a good thing. He is actually ahead of schedule and next year will be a very good for Griz Nation.

I'm impressed with BH and everything he has brought!

Beat the cats and ewu => I am very happy with those results

BillingsMafia said:
kemajic said:
An opinion not based on fact. Facts can be stubborn things and get in the way of faulty judgements.

Here are some facts:

Read at UM, 85-36 (.702), BSC 54-22 (.711), 1 BSC title, 3 semis, 1 NC game

Hauck at UM, 108-29 (.788), BSC 63-14 (.818), 7 BSC titles, 4 semis, 3 NC games

If all you like is offense, Read is your guy. If you like balanced, more consistent football, it's clearly Hauck. I loved Read, but I love good defense and STs, too.
I do not agree. Comparing stats between Read and Hauck is meaningless. When Read took over from Donovan I believe, they were playing at a place called Dornblazer or something like that. The program was nothing compared to what Coach Hauck came into. I content my judgement is spot on.
The Griz moved into Wa/Griz in Read's first year; he played exactly 2 games at the temporary off-campus field. The Griz program in '86 was similar to 2018 when Hauck came back. Both in tatters and in need of reconstruction. Read had the benefit of a BSC and I-AA that had not seen his aerial circus; both are tougher to surprise now. Read also had a lot of patsy OOC games that Hauck hasn't. E. NM, Thomas More, Humboldt, Chico St., Sonoma St., Carson-Newman, MN Duluth, etc. Read brought the Griz out of the dark ages with his offense and cannot get enough credit for building the program, but his early retirement left open the question of how he might have done sustaining it over a longer period of time as Hauck is now doing. He certainly retired at the peak; he was only 62.

Comparing stats is only meaningless when they don't favor your argument.

kemajic said:
BillingsMafia said:
The Griz moved into Wa/Griz in Read's first year; he played exactly 2 games at the temporary off-campus field. The Griz program in '86 was similar to 2018 when Hauck came back. Both in tatters and in need of reconstruction. Read had the benefit of a BSC and I-AA that had not seen his aerial circus; both are tougher to surprise now. Read also had a lot of patsy OOC games that Hauck hasn't. E. NM, Thomas More, Humboldt, Chico St., Sonoma St., Carson-Newman, MN Duluth, etc. Read brought the Griz out of the dark ages with his offense and cannot get enough credit for building the program, but his early retirement left open the question of how he might have done sustaining it over a longer period of time as Hauck is now doing. He certainly retired at the peak; he was only 62.

I don't disagree with anything you say. Read developed Dave Dickenson, Hauck has never developed a qb of his caliber. How many potential Dave Dickensons have gone through the program under Hauck's watch? Hauck has wasted 3 years on developing a backup QB. . That is a material coaching blunder and he gets a pass. Read won a national championship when Boise and Reno were members of the BSC. Marshall, Georgia Southern, etc were tough. I'm looking at the forest you are looking at trees but in the end we are seeing the same thing. Bottom line, bringing a transfer is the same old Hauck weakness we have been subjected for years.

BillingsMafia said:
kemajic said:

I don't disagree with anything you say. Read developed Dave Dickenson, Hauck has never developed a qb of his caliber. How many potential Dave Dickensons have gone through the program under Hauck's watch? Hauck has wasted 3 years on developing a backup QB. . That is a material coaching blunder and he gets a pass. Read won a national championship when Boise and Reno were members of the BSC. Marshall, Georgia Southern, etc were tough. I'm looking at the forest you are looking at trees but in the end we are seeing the same thing. Bottom line, bringing a transfer is the same old Hauck weakness we have been subjected for years.

So the standard at quarterback for you is College Football HOFer Dave Dickinson?

RainierGriz said:
BillingsMafia said:

So the standard at quarterback for you is College Football HOFer Dave Dickinson?

:lol: :lol:

People forget he came in in an injury situation and basically Bledsoe’ed the other guy. So, the greatest QB in Montana history was NOT named the starter by proclamation, but out of necessity.

BillingsMafia said:
Read developed Dave Dickenson, Hauck has never developed a qb of his caliber. How many potential Dave Dickensons have gone through the program under Hauck's watch? Hauck has wasted 3 years on developing a backup QB.

You can have your opinion, and I respect your viewpoint, but I completely disagree. I don't know you and your Griz fan history, but you should read-up more on Dave D. Read would say the same thing, and OCoordinator Mick Dennehy told stories about how special Dicky was in 1993-1995. There has not been any more potential Dave D. quarterbacks come through the program, and you can check the statistics of the subsequent Payton award winners to see there are very, very Very few quarterbacks that match Dicky's numbers.

Proud Griz Man said:
BillingsMafia said:
Read developed Dave Dickenson, Hauck has never developed a qb of his caliber. How many potential Dave Dickensons have gone through the program under Hauck's watch? Hauck has wasted 3 years on developing a backup QB.

You can have your opinion, and I respect your viewpoint, but I completely disagree. I don't know you and your Griz fan history, but you should read-up more on Dave D. Read would say the same thing, and OCoordinator Mick Dennehy told stories about how special Dicky was in 1993-1995. There has not been any more potential Dave D. quarterbacks come through the program, and you can check the statistics of the subsequent Payton award winners to see there are very, very Very few quarterbacks that match Dicky's numbers.
Lets compare the QB play at Eastern to Griz QB play under Hauck. This is Bobby's weakness and he could correct it.

BillingsMafia said:
Proud Griz Man said:
Lets compare the QB play at Eastern to Griz QB play under Hauck. This is Bobby's weakness and he could correct it.

I agree that EWU has had great success at QB, but to be totally realistic, why don't you pick any one of the other BSC schools to compare QB play during his tenure? I would wait, but we all know the answer.

Special H said:
Ursus1 said:
Sadly truth hurts many griz faithful on here (Kool-aid drinking fans), and they stoop to using excuses to try and rationalize it all but many die hard fans do see it as it really is and get hammered for exposing the truth objectively and realistically and get labeled bad fans or negative fans as a defense mechanism by the ones that think if you they say it is true enough it will be true. It creates an board where if you don't follow along with the narrative you are attacked until you just move on from here. Many long time great posters have not been coming back and posting and have gone to private messaging to speak the truth free of the "bully" tactics since they are grown adults. It made me nauseated watching the cat game, but will admit they were better prepared, outcoached and out played the Kats. I see their trajectory under Vigen to be one that will cause more disappointments for me in years to come as a life long Griz. Without an incredible portal shopping trip the Griz will likely be no match next year.
Very well stated sir, you are one of the majority that feels this way.

Since when did 2 become a majority? :shock:

HelenaHandBasket said:
BillingsMafia said:

I agree that EWU has had great success at QB, but to be totally realistic, why don't you pick any one of the other BSC schools to compare QB play during his tenure? I would wait, but we all know the answer.
Ochs, Bergquist, Selle, Sneed and Humphrey stand up well to any other than EWU.

What is Hauck’s record in national championship games? I know Reed has won a Natty but I forget Bobby’s record in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back