• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz vs. kitten Predictions

i have watched every Bobcat game (breaking down the video) and watched every highlight show. I think those that are predicting state ag of bozo to only score 10-13 points are going to be disappointed--however I would be thoroughly thrilled if that's the case!!!. Their new O Coordinator (Matt Miller) uses multiple formations/personnel groupings and breaks tendencies. They have many speedy play-making weapons (4) running the ball and a good OL. QB Troy Anderson is special running the ball, big and faster than anybody on our D. RB Logan Jones is back from missing most of the season, he is a fast, tough little mutha f'er. They have a speedy, hard-running true freshman RB that has been lights out (Ifanse). And they have a former 4-star QB (Oregon) playing WR and a Wildcat RB, especially in the red-zone. Youthful WR Kevin Kassis has added quality muscle and is a dangerous returner, and reverse/thrower on O. He even lines up at QB as well. The felines run a lot of RPO. Kitty college is looking formidable on O. They are dangerous at every skill position, but it is imperative that we keep Anderson CONTAINED. We can't stop him, he will get yards, but we must contain him. He only needs 1 Griz out of of position (especially a crashing inside DE that gives up contain) and HE IS GONE.

The house cat college squad has a pretty good front 7 (DE Bryce Sterk -- a Wash Husky transfer, and Interior DL Tucker Yates), and the back-end has been looking good as well. They have a Virginia Tech transfer safety that is ACC quality (looks the part, runs the part, intercepts the part). The corners shut-down/handcuffed Northern Colorado's NFL hopeful WR last weekend. Course Northern Colorado was down to their 5th string QB in the game before it ended and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn...

I haven't been this excited for a Griz/cat game in a while, GO GRIZ!!! You are playing great.

IntuitiveGriz said:
i have watched every Bobcat game (breaking down the video) and watched every highlight show. I think those that are predicting state ag of bozo to only score 10-13 points are going to be disappointed--however I would be thoroughly thrilled if that's the case!!!. Their new O Coordinator (Matt Miller) uses multiple formations/personnel groupings and breaks tendencies. They have many speedy play-making weapons (4) running the ball and a good OL. QB Troy Anderson is special running the ball, big and faster than anybody on our D. RB Logan Jones is back from missing most of the season, he is a fast, tough little mutha f'er. They have a speedy, hard-running true freshman RB that has been lights out (Ifanse). And they have a former 4-star QB (Oregon) playing WR and a Wildcat RB, especially in the red-zone. Youthful WR Kevin Kassis has added quality muscle and is a dangerous returner, and reverse/thrower on O. He even lines up at QB as well. The felines run a lot of RPO. Kitty college is looking formidable on O. They are dangerous at every skill position, but it is imperative that we keep Anderson CONTAINED. We can't stop him, he will get yards, but we must contain him. He only needs 1 Griz out of of position (especially a crashing inside DE that gives up contain) and HE IS GONE.

The house cat college squad has a pretty good front 7 (DE Bryce Sterk -- a Wash Husky transfer, and Interior DL Tucker Yates), and the back-end has been looking good as well. They have a Virginia Tech transfer safety that is ACC quality (looks the part, runs the part, intercepts the part). The corners shut-down/handcuffed Northern Colorado's NFL hopeful WR last weekend. Course Northern Colorado was down to their 5th string QB in the game before it ended and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn...

I haven't been this excited for a Griz/cat game in a while, GO GRIZ!!! You are playing great.

Excellent post. What positions do you feel do you think you have the favorable matchups? What position for the cats?

By all accounts this should be a barn burner of a game. If you look at some common opponents.
Cats best WIU at home and PSU on the road in close games.
Griz lost to WIU on the road by a large margin and at home in a 1 point loss against PSU.
Cats beat UI at home and Ploy at home in close scoring games. Griz beat UI big on the road and Poly on the road pretty handily.
WaGriz in years past surely offered the Griz an advantage. However this year we can’t say that necessarily the case.
So for those that will be attending the game I offer you a challenge. We all want the dominant Griz under Hauck’s last tenure. So Griz fans need to show up strong for this game. Be back in the stands to start the 3rd quarter. Show strong to inspire the Griz even more. I think the fans can help the Griz win this game with an electric atmosphere. Make THIS game the full start to the return to Griz dominance. A big win would do wonders to cap off the regular season and to build on for next year. Maybe just maybe a big Griz win gets then into the playoffs to even add a bigger boost to next year.
Go Griz

I’m a lifelong cat fan but I think we lose this one. It seems we either go three and out or TA rips off a 70 yarder. We flat out lack offensive consistency and I am getting crucified on BN for pointing out the obvious. I don’t think the cats will get blown out but I can see a 34-24 type game. Just my honest 2 cents

I thought I'd share this here as well. It's on point.

We will be exploited over the middle with short passes early. Sneed will break a couple of runs...early...and then he throws a pick to Alleyne and the wheels fall off in front of the home crowd!

To their shock and horror, Troy throws a TD pass to a streaking Kassis who summersaults into the EZ silencing the crowd!

Choate, pulls up a lawn chair as he unleashes the dogs and let's them hunt. Sneed is so harassed and banged up he waves the white flag, bobby puts JLM in at QB just to stop the inevitable...but it doesn't work. We use our QB to spy him on the defensive side of the ball crushing any and all sense of hope for a reunion tour win. Yard signs are thrown into the community college sidelines and booby is seen running to the tunnel in tears crying, "take me back to UNLV"!

We win, 35, 27 for the 3rd year in a row!

Bring your yard signs, and get in early, somebody is gonna sell a house!!! :cool:

MSU's defensive front 7 play a major role in winning this game for the Cats. They pressure Sneed all day, sacking him 3 times, forcing him to flee the pocket prematurely, and forcing him into bad throws (including a couple of interceptions). They also shut down the already lackluster Grizzly running game (outside of some unplanned Sneed scrambles). The Bobcats run for 300 yards, with both Anderson and Ifanse each going over the 100 yard mark.

JLM is once again woefully underutilized and held to two receptions for 17 yards. Montana running backs account for just 45 yards on 18 carries. The Bobcats take away Sammy Akem's strength - deep routes - by pressuring Sneed, and Akem is held to just 3 catches for 50 yards. The Grizzlies struggle to get anything going offensively, and muster only 2 TDs: a red-zone TD pass to Colin Bingham and a Dalton Sneed designed run for a TD in the last 3 minutes of the game. Semenza goes 1-2 on PATs and 2-3 on FGs.

The Cats jump out to an early 14-0 lead after 2 first quarter Griz turnovers. They win the time-of-possession battle 38:00-22:00, win the turnover battle 3-1, and hold onto the divide trophy for another year. The game isn't as close as the final score looks.

Grizzlies 19
Bobcats 31

Back