• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz vs Idaho State

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
MissoulaCanucksFan said:
Lady Griz lost to Idaho State 79-49.

Not a good night for them.

At least the men won a tough one in Pocatello.

Really rough. I thought they were only down 10 towards the end of the 3rd quarter, then got out-scored 29-9. Yikes.

ISU must have figured out we can not shoot from the outside. Our forwards shot fairly well (11 of 24) but our guards were 6 of 30 and 0 for 13 for the guards coming in off the bench.

Was not able to watch the ISU game, but read the comments. Another game of fouling. To blame the fouling every Griz game on the officiating is getting a little old, don't you think? Do a few of you actually think that every officiating crew has-it-out for the Griz, and calls the games with that in mind?
The national stats don't lie. There are 357 Division I basketball teams, and the Griz rank #344/357 with an average of 21.3 fouls/game.
How many very close games have we lost this season in the final minute? It is difficult to win those close games when your opponent is shooting two foul shots on each foul during the last 7-8 minutes of the half. The one positive regarding the foul situation is the the Griz are nationally ranked in free-throw percentage, which helps when they rarely shoot as many free throws as their opponent.
One consolation is that Portland State is ranked 356/357 in the number of fouls/game.

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/stat/personal-fouls-per-game

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
MissoulaCanucksFan said:
Lady Griz lost to Idaho State 79-49.

Not a good night for them.

At least the men won a tough one in Pocatello.

Really rough. I thought they were only down 10 towards the end of the 3rd quarter, then got out-scored 29-9. Yikes.

Here's how it went down:

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1365363595341565952

Back