• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz @ NDSU

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

75 in the 2nd half on 12 carries. 9 in the first half on 13 carries.

Pass opened up the run.
I think the run was opened up by a gassed SEMO defense.

Anyone know the story on Ostmo? He barely appeared and was a non-factor. Injured?

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
75 in the 2nd half on 12 carries. 9 in the first half on 13 carries.

Pass opened up the run.
I think the run was opened up by a gassed SEMO defense.

Anyone know the story on Ostmo? He barely appeared and was a non-factor. Injured?

Saw him go off holding his right arm, and someone said he was on the sideline in a sling. Doesn’t sound positive.

GottaluvGriz said:
NDSU beat Indiana State 31-26. A common opponent, we played and beat the same Indiana State team handily, 49-14 in non conference action. You just never know how teams will match up.
For the Griz to beat the Bison, The Griz need to limit 3 and outs, spread the Bison out and utilize our tight end. (SDSU did that effectively for many first downs) I could see this game as a pass attack sets up the run for the Griz.
No turn overs!
Commit to stop the run. Defensive ends must set the edge to force the runners in. Make the Bison face 3rd down and 4 or more.
Keep the game close into the half and limit the crowd effectiveness.
Griz can do this!
Go Griz!
NDSU barely beat Southern Illinois 31 to 28. SEMO beat Southern Illinois 34 to 31. This could be a close game, better than a lot of the posters think! Go Griz!

It doesn’t sound like you people are buying into the bisons narrative. You know, the one where the buffalo blows cauliflowers out its nostrils at incredible force. It is impossible to tame the beast in its own barn. It’s actually never been done. Ever. Bow down.

Grizrule#1 said:
GottaluvGriz said:
NDSU beat Indiana State 31-26. A common opponent, we played and beat the same Indiana State team handily, 49-14 in non conference action. You just never know how teams will match up.
For the Griz to beat the Bison, The Griz need to limit 3 and outs, spread the Bison out and utilize our tight end. (SDSU did that effectively for many first downs) I could see this game as a pass attack sets up the run for the Griz.
No turn overs!
Commit to stop the run. Defensive ends must set the edge to force the runners in. Make the Bison face 3rd down and 4 or more.
Keep the game close into the half and limit the crowd effectiveness.
Griz can do this!
Go Griz!
NDSU barely beat Southern Illinois 31 to 28. SEMO beat Southern Illinois 34 to 31. This could be a close game, better than a lot of the posters think! Go Griz!
The transitive property doesn't really work well in college football, especially among top teams.

It's all about matchups and momentum, and IMO we don't particularly match up with NDSU very well, despite their perceived weaknesses this season. More so than usual, but still not a good one for us.

uofmman1122 said:
Grizrule#1 said:
The transitive property doesn't really work well in college football, especially among top teams.

It's all about matchups and momentum, and IMO we don't particularly match up with NDSU very well, despite their perceived weaknesses this season. More so than usual, but still not a good one for us.

Absolutely agreed. So is there a reason to show up doing the same old stuff? Hauck showed up for a game in the first his first go-round and ran the triple option, something they had never done prior and got a win. So change can be affected in a week. And no, not suggesting the triple option is the answer. How about Johnson and Britt in the same backfield? Seemed to be something the Griz didn't expect against bozeman. Do somethng differently or let NDSU pound you into the turf.

Bok_Choi said:
uofmman1122 said:

Absolutely agreed. So is there a reason to show up doing the same old stuff? Hauck showed up for a game in the first his first go-round and ran the triple option, something they had never done prior and got a win. So change can be affected in a week. And no, not suggesting the triple option is the answer. How about Johnson and Britt in the same backfield? Seemed to be something the Griz didn't expect against bozeman. Do somethng differently or let NDSU pound you into the turf.

After watching the ball hit the turf on a simple pitch, I don’t want to see an attempt at the triple option. However, open the playbook wide open and let it rip. No point in being conservative at this point

Bok_Choi said:
uofmman1122 said:

I have a feeling we'll see some new stuff this weekend, though I'm not sure it'll be super effective if it's a drastic change. A more effective approach might just be getting our best skill players the ball, which until the 2nd half of Saturday's game, we haven't really been able to do against good teams in a while.

griz71 said:
Right now the NDSU website shows an espn+ broadcast.
So since its on ESPN+ then I would assume it will be their local crew doing the announcing the ESPN will pick up their feed. Wonder if they change it up to espn2 again this week since this is the game most people would want to see.

Griz til I die said:
We’re gonna have to pull out every trick play in the play book this weekend. This is gonna take a monumental effort. We’ll see what happens!
Trick plays rarely win football games.

grizare#1 said:
griz71 said:
So since its on ESPN+ then I would assume it will be their local crew doing the announcing the ESPN will pick up their feed. Wonder if they change it up to espn2 again this week since this is the game most people would want to see.

All these games are bunched up within a three hour window. And the local bizon crew isn't all that bad. Given what we endured on saturday, they'd be Griz homers by comparison.

kemajic said:
Griz til I die said:
We’re gonna have to pull out every trick play in the play book this weekend. This is gonna take a monumental effort. We’ll see what happens!

So they don't never win football games. I'll take it.

kemajic said:
Griz til I die said:
They do against NDSU. They've been known to bite on them before.

kemajic said:
Griz til I die said:
They do against NDSU. They've been known to bite on them before.
Could explain the number of losses they have over the years.
I never said it costs them losses, but it has cost them TD's before, and as someone who thinks this will be a close game, I think we should utilize a few!

grizare#1 said:
griz71 said:

I am pretty sure that I heard either the crew that did UM/SEMO or Weber/UND would be doing the UNDSU game next weekend. FCS games only on the plus this weekend.

hilinegrizfan said:
Griz Addict said:
I feel like we have a good chance against a team that's traditional run team. They don't pass much. But, I'm not confident, that's for sure. I won't be surprised if we win but, won't be surprised if we lose. Lol

Totally, we stopped bobcats traditional running easily

A qb that runs more than the rest is not traditional. You obviously don't know what that means. Were you born in 2010 or what?

kemajic said:
Griz til I die said:

Joe Glenn utilized the hell outta trick plays, may not win games but definitely a weapon when used right

Back