• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz @ NDSU

It will take a near perfect game and that excludes playing stupid. Love Flowers’ return but throwing the ball into the stands was stupid. Yeah I know he is young and his enthusiasm got the best of him but he knows the rules and every Griz player is going to have help, not hurt, the Griz on every play. It is going to be that kind of game.

Beating NDSU is easy...just put a hat on a hat, a foot in the ground, and keep our heads on a swivel. I swear, some of you never listen to the broadcasters.

Why all this love NDSU. Have not posted in a while but a very long time member. I like this matchup. The Griz are probably the last team NDSU wants to see for their first game in the playoffs. I am sure they were hoping to be in the bracket with a team with four running backs and zero quarterbacks.

NDSU beat Indiana State 31-26. A common opponent, we played and beat the same Indiana State team handily, 49-14 in non conference action. You just never know how teams will match up.
For the Griz to beat the Bison, The Griz need to limit 3 and outs, spread the Bison out and utilize our tight end. (SDSU did that effectively for many first downs) I could see this game as a pass attack sets up the run for the Griz.
No turn overs!
Commit to stop the run. Defensive ends must set the edge to force the runners in. Make the Bison face 3rd down and 4 or more.
Keep the game close into the half and limit the crowd effectiveness.
Griz can do this!
Go Griz!

to beat the bison the griz must chuck the rock, throw the ball, pass at least 80% of the time, play like they are desperate and throw deep passes.

The Griz must give one thousand and one percent to beat the bisons. They’re super humans, not mortals. As their engineers say, it’s all math.

Grisly Fan said:
It will take a near perfect game and that excludes playing stupid. Love Flowers’ return but throwing the ball into the stands was stupid. Yeah I know he is young and his enthusiasm got the best of him but he knows the rules and every Griz player is going to have help, not hurt, the Griz on every play. It is going to be that kind of game.

I took that as an FU to Bobby. Bergen did the same thing. Emotion wins games.

indiancoyote said:
Grisly Fan said:

I took that as an FU to Bobby. Bergen did the same thing. Emotion wins games.

I think you’re reaching there.

I’m almost certainly an outlier as a Bobcat,. But I want NDSU out of the tournament way more than I want to see the Griz get beat.

We’re gonna have to pull out every trick play in the play book this weekend. This is gonna take a monumental effort. We’ll see what happens!

Griz til I die said:
We’re gonna have to pull out every truck play in the play book this weekend. This is gonna take a monumental effort. We’ll see what happens!

How many truck plays do we have? I'm all for using them if we have them

Walkon79 said:
I’m almost certainly an outlier as a Bobcat,. But I want NDSU out of the tournament way more than I want to see the Griz get beat.

Go Griz, run that herd off a cliff.

This game is really a win-win for Cats fans. The Gris win, it makes us look really strong/ the rightful 3 seed and thank the lord the Bison are out of the playoffs (everyone wins). Or the bison rush for 400+ and beat the gris and Cats fans enjoy watching.

I feel like we have a good chance against a team that's traditional run team. They don't pass much. But, I'm not confident, that's for sure. I won't be surprised if we win but, won't be surprised if we lose. Lol

Griz Addict said:
I feel like we have a good chance against a team that's traditional run team. They don't pass much. But, I'm not confident, that's for sure. I won't be surprised if we win but, won't be surprised if we lose. Lol

Totally, we stopped bobcats traditional running easily

Back