• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz @Idoho State

Wow a bit of choke by the guy that ended up with a wide open bunny to win it. Griz got punched pretty hard in the 2nd have and were fortunate to hang on...but you dont get lucky this often obvioulsy this team has the winning gene,,,know how to find a way and make enough plays

Good to get a W on the road, particularly when you had absolutely no business getting it.

Wipe this one clean and go beat Weebs.

That was a very poorly officiated game. Refs needed to swallow the whistles. We couldn’t get a break all night. Refs kept ISU in that one. Phew!

NorthEndZoneDan said:
its a W, on the road. I will admit, I'm not a fan of Vazquez in the game for the final minute of any game right about now.

Yeah but... Vazquez locks-down the win with two free throws with 3 seconds left. Two straight games where a frosh makes the final points for the W.

grizzlyjournal said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
its a W, on the road. I will admit, I'm not a fan of Vazquez in the game for the final minute of any game right about now.

Yeah but... Vazquez locks-down the win with two free throws with 3 seconds left. Two straight games where a frosh makes the final points for the W.
Vasquez does a lot of things really well. He had the key turnover but for the most part, he takes great care of the ball. I am impressed with his defense. He has a nice looking shot and those will start falling. He really is playing exceptionally well for a freshman. I would never hesitate to have him in the final minute. Two freshmen have stepped up and nailed free throws that have sealed the wins the last two games. That is huge.

repeat after me = The GOOD Guys win !!!

CleanHOUSE said:
Wow a bit of choke by the guy that ended up with a wide open bunny to win it. Griz got punched pretty hard in the 2nd have and were fortunate to hang on...but you dont get lucky this often obvioulsy this team has the winning gene,,,know how to find a way and make enough plays

grizzlyjournal said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

I agree with journal. Vazquez had 1 turnover in 29 minutes and 5 rebounds plus he is a good defender and hustles all the time. Timmy had fouled out. I am not trying to start an argument but I have to ask NorthEndZoneDan who else off the bench would you want in there?

I also think that Mack Anderson should be complimented as he is the one who really scored the winning margin with his basket and his free throw. Mack was 7 for 19 going to the line for the free throw that he made and that free throw was clutch. Congratulations Mack!

It was fun, at least Spud State was able to retain the very best score keeper and clock man available in Southern Idaho.
He was rather impressive

CleanHOUSE said:
MikeyGriz said:

productive right away, great to see!

I still am confused on his lack of playing time. He checks off all the boxes of a huge need for us. The biggest one being letting Samuelson rest his broken knee and still getting points in the paint.

Maybe I was too tired and distracted while watching last night, but did the clock not start at 36.8 (I think) after their free throws? We inbound, dribble around and ultimately turn it over. I swear that entire possession of ours was with a frozen clock. Or, was I dreaming?

Iowagriz said:
Maybe I was too tired and distracted while watching last night, but did the clock not start at 36.8 (I think) after their free throws? We inbound, dribble around and ultimately turn it over. I swear that entire possession of ours was with a frozen clock. Or, was I dreaming?

There were oddities with the clock and the score. I suspect the person operating it was non-human.

Latest posts

Back