• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz @Idoho State

Iowagriz said:
Maybe I was too tired and distracted while watching last night, but did the clock not start at 36.8 (I think) after their free throws? We inbound, dribble around and ultimately turn it over. I swear that entire possession of ours was with a frozen clock. Or, was I dreaming?

The "Pluto" clock and score were rarely correct.

Griz1 said:
grizzlyjournal said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
its a W, on the road. I will admit, I'm not a fan of Vazquez in the game for the final minute of any game right about now.

Yeah but... Vazquez locks-down the win with two free throws with 3 seconds left. Two straight games where a frosh makes the final points for the W.

I agree with journal. Vazquez had 1 turnover in 29 minutes and 5 rebounds plus he is a good defender and hustles all the time. Timmy had fouled out. I am not trying to start an argument but I have to ask NorthEndZoneDan who else off the bench would you want in there?

I also think that Mack Anderson should be complimented as he is the one who really scored the winning margin with his basket and his free throw. Mack was 7 for 19 going to the line for the free throw that he made and that free throw was clutch. Congratulations Mack!
Anderson contributing a bunch theses last few games. I'll eat a little crow. He and Samuelson offer different strengths and weaknesses. Both are effective at times and can be exposed at others.

Mousegriz said:
Iowagriz said:
Maybe I was too tired and distracted while watching last night, but did the clock not start at 36.8 (I think) after their free throws? We inbound, dribble around and ultimately turn it over. I swear that entire possession of ours was with a frozen clock. Or, was I dreaming?

Wow, no kidding. I finally opened ESPN gamecast on my phone so I could know the actual score and time remaining over that last 1:30 or so. The camera work, score, and time updates were pretty bad!

Bjorn Bjornstein said:
Mousegriz said:
Iowagriz said:

Wow, no kidding. I finally opened ESPN gamecast on my phone so I could know the actual score and time remaining over that last 1:30 or so. The camera work, score, and time updates were pretty bad!

Seriously, I did the same thing, BB. I had to keep checking the ESPN app to actually figure out what was truly going on.

ONLY in the bsc is it possible to be WATCHING A GAME LIVE and not know what the fvck the actual game situation is. I honestly don't know how ANYONE can defend this conference.

#bsc

The live game statistics on GoGriz.com are typically pretty good and timely. Check it out Saturday night.

The radio broadcast on 105.1 in Billings switched over to music at halftime and never returned to the game. This is besides the many times during the broadcast that they go to commercial during play.

Here's an excellent 4-minute highlight recap of the win, provided by GoGriz.

[media]https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizBB/status/1220791377434271744[/media]

grizzlyjournal said:

It is interesting to me that both the GoGriz site and the article by Jordan Hansen on the 406mtsports.com site report that Samuelson got the last rebound and passed it off to Vazquez. If you watched the game or look at the above replay it is clearly Carter-Hollinger, another freshman, who rebounded the ball and passed it out. If reporters are going to report something as a fact please get it right.

Griz1 said:
grizzlyjournal said:

It is interesting to me that both the GoGriz site and the article by Jordan Hansen on the 406mtsports.com site report that Samuelson got the last rebound and passed it off to Vazquez. If you watched the game or look at the above replay it is clearly Carter-Hollinger, another freshman, who rebounded the ball and passed it out. If reporters are going to report something as a fact please get it right.
The official play-by-play sheet, rightly or wrongly, shows rebound by Samuelson.

Bengal visitor said:
Griz1 said:
grizzlyjournal said:

The official play-by-play sheet, rightly or wrongly, shows rebound by Samuelson.

I have not seen the official play by play sheet but it is clearly wrong if that is what it says. I guess it doesn't really make a difference in the long run as the game is over and we won. I just want the right person to get the credit as it was a big rebound.

Is anyone surprised the official stats are wrong? The score and time was wrong virtually the entire game. A pathetic and embarrassing effort by ISU and the bsc.

Until we start demanding better, this is what we'll be subject to from the bsc.

EverettGriz said:
Is anyone surprised the official stats are wrong? The score and time was wrong virtually the entire game. A pathetic and embarrassing effort by ISU and the bsc.

Totally agree.

However, this is most likely a case of "you get what you pay for." Of course, that's not always true in one sense ... sometimes you pay a lot and get crap (which you can/should bitch about). On the other hand, if you pay crap, you can almost guarantee you'll get crap for results. My guess is that the BSC "official" stats are collected by an unpaid or poorly paid "intern" … hence, we get garbage.

IdaGriz01 said:
EverettGriz said:

Totally agree.

However, this is most likely a case of "you get what you pay for." Of course, that's not always true in one sense ... sometimes you pay a lot and get crap (which you can/should bitch about). On the other hand, if you pay crap, you can almost guarantee you'll get crap for results. My guess is that the BSC "official" stats are collected by an unpaid or poorly paid "intern" … hence, we get garbage.

Yes, fully agree, Ida. I don't really even blame the poor sap trying to do the work. I blame the conference for allowing it to happen. Until we demand division one details from our "DI" conference, we'll continue to get fed garbage.

Bjorn Bjornstein said:
Mousegriz said:
Iowagriz said:

BB, I did exactly the same thing, except I did it with about 5:00 to go in the game.

Back