• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz at Cal-Poly Predictions

cpalum said:
Montana 42

Cal Poly 24

If Montana cant beat them by 14 or more you should be concerned. Don't get me wrong I'm pulling for my team but these are dark days in San Luis Obispo.

Yes, they are. Sad to see, really. Not a team I would have thought would be going through this.

Road game. And we always have problems with these guys. Always.

I'll say we win 24-23 and get the first road win we need.

Griz have to prove to me that they can win on the road. They have struggled the past few years and a lot of the same kids are still on the team. Bobby has them in a better place but they still have to get it done. Until they do I am not sure I can pick them.

Cal-Poly-38
Griz-27

Go prove me wrong boys.

The Griz have struggled with Cal Poly over the last several seasons. Not this time. Griz get a big W and Bobby puts Cal Poly back in its place... 42-17

Paytonlives said:
IF the Griz stop the run they win easy... but will they?

I say
Griz 42
CP 24

" Optimism loomed in the fall shadows cast by Mt. Sentinel. Folks had their quarterback...but still there's that offensive line...oh that pesky o-line. Will it be able to keep him out of the ER... Hmm...?"

Keith Morrison UM 28 CP 20

The road woes have ended! However CalPoly just got embarrassed by EW. They will make a better showing against' us. However, the Griz will prevail by 39-22 score.

Montana struggles early, figures it out, gets a couple turn overs, and eventually wins 41-24

Man, I'm struggling with this one. Poly got creamed with injuries last year and I think they are a better team than last years record would indicate. They have their QB and Fullback back on the field this season. Poly did just gave up 70 points and 400 rushing yards to Eastern, which is probably a good sign for the Griz, but Eastern also let Protheroe run for 176 yards, which is scary. Remember, there were a playoff team in '16 with a healthy Protheroe.

I think every conference game is going to be a battle this year, especially on the road. I think this is big opportunity to show that this team has some grit and can win on the road. We'll find out how good the Grizzlies rush defense is in this one. Griz win another nail biter.

Griz 38
Poly 34

ORGUNGRIZ said:
Poly just got completely dismantled by EWU this weekend. Question is how does Poly respond. Will they still be in funk or ready to go?

Griz just came off an emotional win and riding high. Can the Griz build off of continue with that momentum at Poly?

I for one believe so but in another close hard fought win.

Griz 31
Poly 27

I think we continue to see more growth from the O line and the opening up of running lanes, which will keep Poly’s D honest. I think we see a balanced Griz Offense in this one eating up a lot of clock.
Your spot on! My son plays guard for Ewu and your assesment of their D line is correct. Eastern used 8 ol in rotation during the first 3 quarters to wear down cal Poly's thin D line . There was a huge drop off between the 1's at D tackle and the 2's. They had a extreemly hard time stopping our run game. Prothro is a great RB but the big problem with the option is the turnover factor, and their inability to play from behind. Get up on them early and don't take your foot off the gas. Good luck you'll do alright. Go Eags recapture the sky!!!!

Hate to pick against the good guys, but the Griz traditionally have issues defending the triple option. Also the first time the D-scheme this year has had to play a triple option....Poly 24, Griz 21.

Latest posts

Back