• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Great Read on Our Incoming Tansfer QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
jcu27 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
jcu27 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
How do you know so many accurate details about me?
It’s the Alexa, isn’t it?

Government's always watching.

Watching you bang that hostess in the back seat of the Altima, amirite? Up top!
Anyway, what’s your favorite scene in Spring Breakers?

Damn man sorry she didn't tell me she was married. I tipped her a 5 and she got really excited. She must of been lonely. Your spending too much time on egriz man. It's almost your fault.

Tell me yours first.

Wow, she must of. Your stalling. Midas whale just tell me you’re favorite scene in Alpha Dog.

Not going to get into the JCU convo as it seems bizzare but I have a question, not meant to instill protective instincts about the Hauck regime. Do you all think that there come a time where Montana high school QB's like Kris Brown and Rostad give Hauck a pass because he continues to recruit Juco or transfer QB's instead of attempting to groom a young Montana QB. Sure I get that nobody has a guaranteed starting spot but I'm not sure if I had the talent like Rostad I would buy into the program where Hauck is recruiting a 3 year (playing time) QB like Patterson after in (Brown's case) I just beat the shit out of my body in winter conditioning only to sit on the pine. Admittedly I don't have a grip on why these young men make the decisions they do but if I were a MT High School QB, and had the talent that some do like Rostad, I'm not sure that I would see it as a great chance to actually play QB at UM if the coach continually goes the JC/Transfer route. Graves would be a good example as well. Yes, some are recruited as "athletes" but if I am a really talented MT QB I would not be sure that I would be getting a real shot at the position.

If he’s a really talented QB (MT boy or not) then he’ll compete and win the job. Should a MT QB expect to be just handed the position? Every position has 3-4 folks competing for it, QB is just the most visible. How do you suppose the O-linemen felt when Mallory and Pillans were brought in? How did the safeties feel when Robertson was brought in?

sdk.catfish said:
Not going to get into the JCU convo as it seems bizzare but I have a question, not meant to instill protective instincts about the Hauck regime. Do you all think that there come a time where Montana high school QB's like Kris Brown and Rostad give Hauck a pass because he continues to recruit Juco or transfer QB's instead of attempting to groom a young Montana QB. Sure I get that nobody has a guaranteed starting spot but I'm not sure if I had the talent like Rostad I would buy into the program where Hauck is recruiting a 3 year (playing time) QB like Patterson after in (Brown's case) I just beat the shit out of my body in winter conditioning only to sit on the pine. Admittedly I don't have a grip on why these young men make the decisions they do but if I were a MT High School QB, and had the talent that some do like Rostad, I'm not sure that I would see it as a great chance to actually play QB at UM if the coach continually goes the JC/Transfer route. Graves would be a good example as well. Yes, some are recruited as "athletes" but if I am a really talented MT QB I would not be sure that I would be getting a real shot at the position.

Personally I hope all our players, especially our QBs or potential QBs, don’t shy away from competition and welcome the chance to “beat the best to be the best”. Any other attitude or outlook I’m not sure I’d want them at the helm.

signedbewildered said:
Eastwood was Bobby's #1. He lost that spot.

Great example. Went from #1 to #4, and never moved back up the charts. And most likely won’t, given that the three ahead of him are all young.

sdk.catfish said:

If they don't want to compete, it doesn't matter where they get recruited they won't make it. I don't know of any college coach that if a player is out there that is available, that they feel will help the team doesn't take them, It's not only Bobby!! This is what coaches do, it's their job, or they will be looking for another one.

1972 said:
sdk.catfish said:

If they don't want to compete, it doesn't matter where they get recruited they won't make it. I don't know of any college coach that if a player is out there that is available, that they feel will help the team doesn't take them, It's not only Bobby!! This is what coaches do, it's their job, or they will be looking for another one.

If a depth chart were released today, it would say Cam Humphrey OR Kris Brown, so no, I don't think Brown is at all unhappy. He was a partial scholarship who has now, in one year risen to competing for the starting job, and, from what I've heard, is a real contender for it. I've heard his progress has been remarkable. Not sure why he would be unhappy?

Rostad has been being recruited by this staff since the day Bobby was hired. He knows the staff inside and out, he knows Bobby and has already built a strong relationship with Rosie. He knows the score. He knows he will ALWAYS have to compete for the job. He's been aware of it since he was a junior in high school, he's never been promised anything by this coaching staff, and he still signed his LOI.

Graves also knew the score. He was told he would be "given the chance" to play QB while being recruited as an athlete. He was never lied to or promised anything, and he still signed his LOI. So not sure why he would be unhappy.

Bottom line, Hauck isn't the only head coach trying to find the very best player he can find at every position regardless of where they grew up and how they perceive things to be. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's the norm isn't it?

How many MT QB's recruited to UM out of high school have been starters at UM, since Dickenson. I don't know. Edwards, Selle, Guftason, ?

CDAGRIZ said:
jcu27 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
jcu27 said:
Government's always watching.

Damn man sorry she didn't tell me she was married. I tipped her a 5 and she got really excited. She must of been lonely. Your spending too much time on egriz man. It's almost your fault.

Tell me yours first.

Wow, she must of. Your stalling. Midas whale just tell me you’re favorite scene in Alpha Dog.
Whoa, hard to nail down one pacific favorite in that dope movie.

PlayerRep said:
How many MT QB's recruited to UM out of high school have been starters at UM, since Dickenson. I don't know. Edwards, Selle, Guftason, ?

I think if you add Smithwick-Hann, you have the complete list.

Excellent question from catfish, and I think the answer varies based on the individual high school quarterback and the UM roster situation. IMO - remember that #15 Dave Dickenson had to compete and fight for his playing time, and DD had some injuries and UM needed a backup QB.

sdk.catfish said:
Do you all think that there come a time where Montana high school QB's like Kris Brown and Rostad give Hauck a pass because he continues to recruit Juco or transfer QB's instead of attempting to groom a young Montana QB. Sure I get that nobody has a guaranteed starting spot but I'm not sure if I had the talent like Rostad I would buy into the program where Hauck is recruiting a 3 year (playing time) QB like Patterson

plus - excerpted from the original news article - that Patterson is still going through rehab and has not yet learned the offense. He is not a 3-year sure thing.

" . . . Patterson will be enrolling at Montana in January while still going through rehab. He’s been able to jog with a brace on his leg, do agility work and has been throwing the football. He’s working his way back to being able to sprint and do the heavy lifts necessary to regain his strength and mobility. . . . "

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
jcu27 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Tell me yours first.

That's neither hear or their. Irregardless of you're stance of Alpha Dog as a hole, I think the scene with Olivia Wilde in the swanky motel takes the cakes.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
jcu27 said:

Tell me yours first.

That's neither hear or their. Irregardless of you're stance of Alpha Dog as a hole, I think the seen with Olivia Wilde in the swanky motel takes the cakes.

FIFY, CDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back