• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Grading the 2022-23 Griz Athletic season

uptopgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
I will continue to point out all the stupid things you post.

Shocker hoops full of shit again: https://www.montanasports.com/sports/big-sky-conference/montana-grizzlies/on-spring-tour-griz-athletics-owning-mediocre-to-good-but-not-great-2022-23
Hey, what's that blurb in there about season ticket sales?

3-7-77 said:
This is an area of his expertise. He's older, wiser(?), and has done lots of graduate level 'field work' on the subject. On this particular subject, he is college faculty level. :thumb: :party:

Exhibit A: Location: 'The Shadel', Mill Creek, WA
Exhibit B: Signature: 'Booze is the duct tape of life.'

I look forward to his teachings! Always happy to learn at the feet of my elders.

uptopgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
I will continue to point out all the stupid things you post.

Shocker hoops full of poop again: https://www.montanasports.com/sports/big-sky-conference/montana-grizzlies/on-spring-tour-griz-athletics-owning-mediocre-to-good-but-not-great-2022-23

What does that possibly show about him being full of anything?

ElrodGrizzly said:
uptopgriz said:
Shocker hoops full of poop again: https://www.montanasports.com/sports/big-sky-conference/montana-grizzlies/on-spring-tour-griz-athletics-owning-mediocre-to-good-but-not-great-2022-23

What does that possibly show about him being full of anything?

I was wondering that too. Looks like it validates what I said.

It shows I was right on string season ticket sales, and Uptop was wrong.

What program was “good”, if not football? Sure wasn’t men’s or Women’s hoops.

THE GOOD: "The UM volleyball team turned a corner last fall under coach Allison Lawrence, and an under-funded track and field program has overachieved this spring by sending seven qualifiers to the NCAA West Prelims."

THE MEDIOCRE TO BAD:
"But football, to a lesser extent men’s basketball and to an even lesser extent women’s basketball are what feed the beast at UM as the “big three” sports."

SoldierGriz said:
THE GOOD: "The UM volleyball team turned a corner last fall under coach Allison Lawrence, and an under-funded track and field program has overachieved this spring by sending seven qualifiers to the NCAA West Prelims."

THE MEDIOCRE TO BAD:
"But football, to a lesser extent men’s basketball and to an even lesser extent women’s basketball are what feed the beast at UM as the “big three” sports."

It's mediocre to bad that football and men's and women's basketball are what drive UM as the 3 big sports? What's wrong with those 3 sports feeding the beast? Isn't that obvious?

mthoopsfan said:
SoldierGriz said:

THE MEDIOCRE TO BAD:

It's mediocre to bad that football and men's and women's basketball are what drive UM as the 3 big sports? What's wrong with those 3 sports feeding the beast? Isn't that obvious?

Those 3 - mediocre to bad. Yes, it's not good for all other sports when those three are performing poorly.

SoldierGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Those 3 - mediocre to bad. Yes, it's not good for all other sports when those three are performing poorly.

Haslam said the Griz teams were "mediocre to GOOD", not bad.

I find it hilarious that people try to convince OTHER people that THEIR “grade” is wrong, somehow. How YOU grade the various Griz athletic performances last year is irrelevant to how someone ELSE grades them…we’re each entitled to our own “grade”…

mthoopsfan said:
SoldierGriz said:

I don't care what he said. His and at least 3 Head Coach's jobs are in jeopardy without improved performance. Seats are hot.

Softball - Men's BB - Football.

Haslam's hires are mediocre to bad to really bad (Stitt).

AZGrizFan said:
I find it hilarious that people try to convince OTHER people that THEIR “grade” is wrong, somehow. How YOU grade the various Griz athletic performances last year is irrelevant to how someone ELSE grades them…we’re each entitled to our own “grade”…

True. And you're each entitled to be told you are wrong. And many people are wrong.

At your company, does everyone get to grade their own work/evaluation?

SoldierGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

I don't care what he said. His and at least 3 Head Coach's jobs are in jeopardy without improved performance. Seats are hot.

I don't know anything about softball, but you are wrong about coaches on hot seat. Again, just your narrative. Just like your narrative has influenced your recent posts in this thread.

mthoopsfan said:
SoldierGriz said:

I don't know anything about softball, but you are wrong about coaches on hot seat. Again, just your narrative. Just like your narrative has influenced your recent posts in this thread.

I have no narrative.

Contract year for BH...Haslam didn't extend him for reasons obvious to everyone except those with blind, ignorant allegiance. TD's seat is smokin' hot.

Softball coach needs to be gone...yesterday.

Haslam has yet to have a home run hire...his seat may be the hottest of all of them.

SoldierGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Hauck's seat is hot only in your mind. He is a major asset of the University. He will be around another 5 years when he chooses to retire as the winningest coach in BSC history..

kemajic said:
SoldierGriz said:

Hauck's seat is hot only in your mind. He is a major asset of the University. He will be around another 5 years.

Sure thing....honestly, I hope you are right because that would mean there is some semblance of RTD...something he hasn't produced yet. NOT.EVEN.CLOSE.

All D1 football coaches are major assets - typically the highest paid on campus. All are expected to win.

Haslam may have to fire him to keep his job before all is said and done.

SoldierGriz said:
kemajic said:
Hauck's seat is hot only in your mind. He is a major asset of the University. He will be around another 5 years.

Sure thing....honestly, I hope you are right because that would mean there is some semblance of RTD...something he hasn't produced yet. NOT.EVEN.CLOSE.

All D1 football coaches are major assets - typically the highest paid on campus. All are expected to win.

Hauck took UM from about 33 in poll ranking to top10 in years 2 and 3. Due to an injured qb, UM finished no. 14 last year. Also playoffs and playoff wins in years 2, 3 and 4. Not dominant, but returning.

Hauck is a major fundraiser for UM. The major donors like Hauck generally and personally and would not allowed Hauck to be fired.

No, all D1 coaches are not major assets for a university. Some are; many aren't. Their pay has nothing to do with it. The pay is set by the market and the school. Most are expected to win. Hauck is winning.

Haslam's job is not in jeopardy. No one, or virtually no one, with any influence at UM wants Hauck fired.

Hauck has said he doesn't want his contract extended this year. If he wanted it extended, it would be extended.

I can't imagine DeCuire's job is in jeopardy either. I don't follow his situation.

You really don't have a clue about Griz football, or even football much of the time.

SoldierGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

I have no narrative.

Contract year for BH...Haslam didn't extend him for reasons obvious to everyone except those with blind, ignorant allegiance. TD's seat is smokin' hot.

Haslam has yet to have a home run hire...his seat may be the hottest of all of them.

Wait, what??

Asher, Brown, Hauck and Holsinger have all been solid to good hires.

TDC, and Citowicki have been great to excellent hires.

Pinkerton was an absolute, prodigious, 496 foot home run hire.

Haslam has made only one poor hire, and let’s be honest, it’s the same hire every AD (and every GRIZ) fan in the nation makes. Stitt was a very mediocre hire. Beyond those two, he’s got a pretty damn successful track record

EverettGriz said:
SoldierGriz said:
I have no narrative.

Wait, what??

Haslam has made only one poor hire, and let’s be honest, it’s the same hire every AD (and every GRIZ) fan in the nation makes. Stitt was a very mediocre hire. Beyond those two, he’s got a pretty damn successful track record

No. How many Big Sky Conference Championship teams during his tenure? Seriously - how many out of how many opportunities?

How are you measuring success?

If you think TD is performing at the expected level - this fan base has lost its mind. Same with Hauck.

mthoopsfan said:
SoldierGriz said:

Hauck took UM from about 33 in poll ranking to top10 in years 2 and 3. Due to an injured qb, UM finished no. 14 last year. Also playoffs and playoff wins in years 2, 3 and 4. Not dominant, but returning.

Hauck is a major fundraiser for UM. The major donors like Hauck generally and personally and would not allowed Hauck to be fired.

No, all D1 coaches are not major assets for a university. Some are; many aren't. Their pay has nothing to do with it. The pay is set by the market and the school. Most are expected to win. Hauck is winning.

Haslam's job is not in jeopardy. No one, or virtually no one, with any influence at UM wants Hauck fired.

Hauck has said he doesn't want his contract extended this year. If he wanted it extended, it would be extended.

I can't imagine DeCuire's job is in jeopardy either. I don't follow his situation.

You really don't have a clue about Griz football, or even football much of the time.

So much wrong with this post. DM me for some immediate mentoring. Seriously - terrible, excuse-laden post.

EverettGriz said:
SoldierGriz said:
I have no narrative.

Wait, what??

Mea culpa on Pinkerton. I forgot Haslam hired him...was a home run.

The new coach...not a home run.

Back