• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GAME THREAD: #9 Kittens at #19 Southern cats Friday 8PM

HookedonGriz said:
Hats off….a win is a win….especially on the road. But that was a very ugly win and the Cats have a lot to figure out. Weber is pretty much out of playoffs now.

Any game on the road is tough. Especially at Weber when they had two weeks to prepare and the Cats had a short week. The Cat defense held them scoreless after the first drive of the game. Gutsy win. The Griz turn tomorrow.

That might have been in my top 5 most boring football games ever watched at any level. Atrocious. Both teams doing everything they could to lose. Cats’ going for it on 4th in the 4th from the 50 up 6 was something. They can’t be happy with the play calling in Bozemanville.

I’d rather watch paint dry then these two teams. Boring, boring game. The best that can be said would be ........can’t really come up with anything. At least the bobcat defense looked reasonably aggressive or maybe the Weber O line was that porous. The cat quarterback was unimpressive as were his receivers. The play calling on both sides left a lot to be desired.
In conclusion not much positive to say about either team. But we have our own issues to deal with. First up Sac St. which should give a better barometer of where we’re heading. Still much improvement needed on our side of the mountain as well.

HookedonGriz said:
Wow, 222 total yards by cats and 1-13 on 3rd downs and win. That’s almost amazing.

1-14 according ESPN. These stats remind me of rec league bball.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=401328068

I honestly wonder if Weber doesn’t fumble the ball twice if that game goes to OT tied at 7. There’s really nothing good you can say about that game. The only thing I can find is the cats kicker is very good. Weber had their opportunities to get back in it and the poor kid drops a wide open pass on 4th down. They also went for it on the 30 when it was like 4th and 8, I realize that’s a long field goal but when the offense is struggling that bad to move the ball, what do you have to lose by trying it? Ugly game from both teams.

Griz til I die said:
I honestly wonder if Weber doesn’t fumble the ball twice if that game goes to OT tied at 7. There’s really nothing good you can say about that game. The only thing I can find is the cats kicker is very good. Weber had their opportunities to get back in it and the poor kid drops a wide open pass on 4th down. They also went for it on the 30 when it was like 4th and 8, I realize that’s a long field goal but when the offense is struggling that bad to move the ball, what do you have to lose by trying it? Ugly game from both teams.

Your turn tomorrow Weber is always an ugly team to play, especially on the road. Yes, Cats have some work to do on offense but this was a good wake up call for the offense.

That was big boy football, slugfest. Weber is tough. Yep, Cats need to play better than that to beat EWU but that win was incredible. Cat defense is for real.

poorgriz said:
That was big boy football, slugfest. Weber is tough. Yep, Cats need to play better than that to beat EWU but that win was incredible. Cat defense is for real.

I think Weber’s offense is for shit. Six of one…

poorgriz said:

Oh my god.

Ursa Major said:
Ahhh…Friday night watching the cats. It reminds me of the Sam Houston State beat downs in the playoffs. All the cats fans dressed in their cleanest carhartt overalls piling onto the ToT in the third quarter.

Eat Me! 48-14

Phat Cat said:
Ursa Major said:
Ahhh…Friday night watching the cats. It reminds me of the Sam Houston State beat downs in the playoffs. All the cats fans dressed in their cleanest carhartt overalls piling onto the ToT in the third quarter.

Eat Me! 48-14
Looking forward to watching the Eastern game. Come on back after that one, champ.

8 pages on ejiz about the Cats winning a road game against a conference foe.

Little brother can’t tell me they aren’t nervous about losing number five. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

MSU has given up 74 points in 7 games.

The Griz gave up 14 to Dixie State and were pushed all over the field.

Sac is going to be a test.

Ok... I was calling the Hawks/Raptor game, so didn't get to watch the 1st 3 quarters of the game, but here is my take...

1) Cats front 7 is good... Very fast, and doesn't give the QB any time to look down field

2) Secondary for the Bobcats needs to play much better VS ISU and of course EWU in the next couple weeks

3) Offense reminded me of the old Hysell days... Run left, Run Middle, Run Middle, punt.... It was frustrating to watch

4) O-line isn't where it needs to be at this point, we will see how they do in the future, but Weber has a very good d-line..

5) As a Cats fan, this is a game that in the past the Cats would have found a way to lose. They didn't, and I think that is a very big step forward.

Overall.....A Win is a Win, especially on the road. Cats Defense is very deep, and the offense had a ruff game against a good Weber Defense (best Defense the Cats have seen this year).

Unfortunately I passed out after Webers 2nd fumble. I told the lady "Weber is trying to lose" sure enough, they achieved this.

Back