• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GAME THREAD: #9 Kittens at #19 Southern cats Friday 8PM

ATLCAT said:
8 pages on ejiz about the Cats winning a road game against a conference foe.

Little brother can’t tell me they aren’t nervous about losing number five. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

#5 :lol: 73-41-5 you are "little brother" until you have the most wins, duh......

wbtfg said:
Key to beating Weber: Don’t throw 5 INTs.

Or don’t throw at all, apparently. Was it 74 yards or something? That has to be frustrating to watch as a fan.

SACCAT66 said:
Ok... I was calling the Hawks/Raptor game, so didn't get to watch the 1st 3 quarters of the game, but here is my take...

1) Cats front 7 is good... Very fast, and doesn't give the QB any time to look down field

2) Secondary for the Bobcats needs to play much better VS ISU and of course EWU in the next couple weeks

3) Offense reminded me of the old Hysell days... Run left, Run Middle, Run Middle, punt.... It was frustrating to watch

4) O-line isn't where it needs to be at this point, we will see how they do in the future, but Weber has a very good d-line..

5) As a Cats fan, this is a game that in the past the Cats would have found a way to lose. They didn't, and I think that is a very big step forward.

Overall.....A Win is a Win, especially on the road. Cats Defense is very deep, and the offense had a ruff game against a good Weber Defense (best Defense the Cats have seen this year).

You could nearly copy and paste this for a Griz 2021 assessment.

NorthwestFresh said:
MSU has given up 74 points in 7 games.

The Griz gave up 14 to Dixie State and were pushed all over the field.

Sac is going to be a test.

And they may well give up 74 to eastern alone.

Cats are good, but seriously any car fan thumping their chest at this point looks as silly and stupid as garrrizlies’ neighbor. Check back when you play someone (Weber is an okay win, but they’re not good. The rest of the cat schedule so far is a joke).

I do know one thing the cats had a very unique game plan to keep their offense fresh it was called the 3 and out plan. Pure genius to only have them out there about 40 seconds a possession....apparently was working so well Weber adopted the same game plan...

EverettGriz said:
NorthwestFresh said:
MSU has given up 74 points in 7 games.

The Griz gave up 14 to Dixie State and were pushed all over the field.

Sac is going to be a test.

And they may well give up 74 to eastern alone.

Cats are good, but seriously any car fan thumping their chest at this point looks as silly and stupid as garrrizlies’ neighbor. Check back when you play someone (Weber is an okay win, but they’re not good. The rest of the cat schedule so far is a joke).
Exactly. All six FCS opponents the scat s$!t has played have 11 wins, combined, in total! Not one opponent has won more than two games. So, I agree the scat team makes me nervous. They are a good team but before they get to bragging too much, maybe they should play another good team. They do have the easiest strength of schedule in the Big Sky.

UTGrizFan said:
Is it just me or is MSUs offense not that good? It looks like on every series:

-Run up the middle
-Run up the middle
-Crossing/Hitch Route

EWU is the only team in the Big Sky with a good offense.

I guess we’re probably second with a pretty pathetic offense currently.

The Cats and Webers offenses are down right atrocious.

CDAGRIZ said:
wbtfg said:
Key to beating Weber: Don’t throw 5 INTs.

Or don’t throw at all, apparently. Was it 74 yards or something? That has to be frustrating to watch as a fan.

It was definitely a little frustrating, but we are probably a little spoiled considering that, going into Weber, we’ve put up 40+ points in three of our last four big sky conference games dating back to the end of 2019. I guess we can’t play cupcakes every week.

Key to beating the Cats is passing the ball so Anderson is less of a factor. You then have to deal with Hardy, who is a beast. Their secondary is suspect. I was surprised that Weber and Davis ran as well as he did.

yellowstone60 said:
ATLCAT said:

#5 :lol: 73-41-5 you are "little brother" until you have the most wins, duh......
Maybe you should check into the enrollment numbers for all the schools in the state. Maybe you’ll be as big as Carroll some day, little brother

yellowstone60 said:
ATLCAT said:

Most of those wins were when UM was playing at a higher level competitive than MSU. It’s like bragging about beating UM-Dillon prior to the Big Sky conference.

giphy.gif

NorthwestFresh said:
yellowstone60 said:

Most of those wins were when UM was playing at a higher level competitive than MSU. It’s like bragging about beating UM-Dillon prior to the Big Sky conference.

Little brother lost to suc state today.

bigsky33 said:
Nine page thread on here with the Cats game. Not one mention of today’s Griz loss on Bobcat Nation. Hmmm!
This is the very first thread on the forum, dumbass

https://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=50200

uofmman1122 said:
bigsky33 said:
Nine page thread on here with the Cats game. Not one mention of today’s Griz loss on Bobcat Nation. Hmmm!
This is the very first thread on the forum, dumbass

https://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=50200

Not even a full page yet! 😂😂😂

BadlandsGrizFan said:
UTGrizFan said:
Is it just me or is MSUs offense not that good? It looks like on every series:

-Run up the middle
-Run up the middle
-Crossing/Hitch Route

EWU is the only team in the Big Sky with a good offense.

I guess we’re probably second with a pretty pathetic offense currently.

The Cats and Webers offenses are down right atrocious.

EWU has the best offense in the nation. UM is definitely not the second best offense in the Big Sky. Last night you watched the 2 best defenses in the Big Sky controlling the line of scrimmage. Today you learned about humility. Next week EWU gets Weebs. Let's see if they can hold them under 35.

Back