• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Funds pledged to help athletics: $210,760 **NEW NUMBER***

Got another $1500 via a PM today and had someone call me who is going to email what he pledged as well.

Wow! Just got an email from an individual who regularly reads egriz that they've made a $10,000 pledge - number updated! We're more than halfway there!

Another $10,000 pledge made! Got word this evening. We've eclipsed $60,000 either donated or pledged!

BDizzle said:
So this is completely in the honor system correct?

They took my credit card, but my donation also wasn't $10k. Not sure what the system is for bigger donations.

BDizzle said:
So this is completely in the honor system correct?

Yeah but I'm keeping in touch with Dan Ingram about the totals - so if I say, "Hey Dan we've hit $100,000!" he can pretty easily cross-check what they've signed up for pledges and online donations to see if we're close or if people have been feeding me a bunch of BS.

Most of the larger commitments/pledges have actually talked to Dan first, got things set up, and then given me the heads up. All seem very genuine so far, don't have any reason to doubt anyone. Also haven't had some insane number come up - "I just offered $25,000," or something. Although If I could just get 2 people to seriously do that... mission accomplished!

over $76K is outstanding for a bunch of idiot, psycho,internet, armchair quarterbacks

putter said:
over $61K is outstanding for a bunch of idiot, psycho,internet, armchair quarterbacks

Hey, I resemble that remark...the idiot, psycho, internet, armchair quarterbacks remark that is. :punch: :dope:

PM from another egrizzer who will be setting up a pledge for $10,000. That pushes us over the $70,000 mark!

Wow, this is awesome. I am proud to be part of such an amazing group of fans!

Back