• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

LadyGriz Former Lady Griz Battle - Carroll v. Western

You "don't follow closely enough to know" but you have an opinion none the less. Regardless, Dani will be the leader, with help from Mack Konig, and Libby Stump if she is fully recovered from her knee injury.
Nope, don’t follow enough to know who is expected to step up next season. And I didn’t have an opinion on who would step up. I don’t know what you are talking about. I don’t think you know either. Thx for the info.

I view only things that are actually used to determine the seeding as relevant. You can view things however you want, do not care.

One difference between RPI and NET, is that RPI is all about percentages (win percentage). NET is not based on percentages. There are 4 quadrants. I do not know exactly what the break down for each quadrant is at the moment (it is on ncaa.com somerwhere) but the first quadrant would be for teams ranked 1 through some number, second quadrant after that up to some number, so forth). The more wins you have against teams in the first quadrant is good, the more losses against teams in the fourth quadrant is very bad). Outside of that, there isn't enough info exactly how it is determined. It is not as transparent as the formula on how RPI is calculated. www.collegerpi.com documented how RPI was calculated and is one of the best sites (if not the best) for RPI rankings.

Conferences are not ranked. Only individual teams are. But, there are sites that rank conferences based on the average ranking of each team in each conference.
Do you think seeding is done without considering conference strength?

I assume RPI is still one of the better ways to evaluate conference strength.

Some of the legacy recruit issues have to deal with problems that occurred before Holsinger got here. He had choices to recruit a few of them, but it was clear that Covill was a Pac-12 type player and might have been a casualty of the transition between SS to Petrino to Holsinger because Nate was on staff and not retained.

Beattie wasn't recruited by SS heavily despite interest from Beattie. If I remember right, Beattie might have been offered a walk-on and luke warm interest from the staff pushed her to Bozeman. The same is true of a number of other local connections that while Holsinger did attempt to mend fences it has been a bit of an uphill battle with how the last four or five years have played out in Missoula.

The more success the program has over the next year or two is going to make recruiting and bridging those gaps in-state A LOT easier. They are closer than we've been in almost ten years.

Do you think seeding is done without considering conference strength?

I assume RPI is still one of the better ways to evaluate conference strength.
Maybe, but not necessarily based on computer rankings which is all NET and RPI are.

Here is the link on how they select the field of 68 and seeding. RPI is not used. NET is used but not necessarily relied on (the way I read it).

Southern Conference is 15th. Big Sky is 21st. Ivy is 7th. With this RPI.

"Join Discussion now in Women's Basketball Message Board
Only games against Division I opponents are counted.
Rankings update every 5 mins.
Last updated - Wed Mar 13 14:45:17 PDT 2024

Nope, don’t follow enough to know who is expected to step up next season. And I didn’t have an opinion on who would step up. I don’t know what you are talking about. I don’t think you know either. Thx for the info.
I know more than you. I go to every game. I know who has been recruited, I belong to Hoop Club and attend meetings/dinners and listen to the coaches and players.

Southern Conference is 15th. Big Sky is 21st. Ivy is 7th. With this RPI.

"Join Discussion now in Women's Basketball Message Board
Only games against Division I opponents are counted.
Rankings update every 5 mins.
Last updated - Wed Mar 13 14:45:17 PDT 2024
You can always pick and choose whatever info to support your argument. I mean you think NET isn't as good as RPI because it doesn't support your argment. Thing is, NCAA doesn't use RPI anymore. That is the only thing that matters to me. They use NET and that is only for minor support at that.

Thx for the info. The Albrecht mom played for Dartmouth. Who do you see as the next LG players up next year? I don’t follow closely enough to know.
Well, Konig, Bartsch, Bruno, and Macey Huard are the key returning contributors.

Wacker, Donarski, Stump, and Greenslade are all (I believe) recovering from ACL tears. Wacker should obviously be good to go, but not sure what the timeline will look like for Stump and Greenslade as they tore theirs during the season.

Pirog really showed no improvement from freshman to sophomore year. I would be fairly surprised if Burton-Oliver returned. She’s played one season in her four years of college. Lincoln has potential IMO.

Transfer portal will be a factor, maybe both ways.

Well, Konig, Bartsch, Bruno, and Macey Huard are the key returning contributors.

Wacker, Donarski, Stump, and Greenslade are all (I believe) recovering from ACL tears. Wacker should obviously be good to go, but not sure what the timeline will look like for Stump and Greenslade as they tore theirs during the season.

Pirog really showed no improvement from freshman to sophomore year. I would be fairly surprised if Burton-Oliver returned. She’s played one season in her four years of college. Lincoln has potential IMO.

Word has spread of the culture Holsinger has created at Montana and this years results are supporting the positive buzz. He is a great at networking and has good relationships with AAU programs. I'm pretty confident he will land a couple really good transfers.

Thx. Very informative.

You can always pick and choose whatever info to support your argument. I mean you think NET isn't as good as RPI because it doesn't support your argment. Thing is, NCAA doesn't use RPI anymore. That is the only thing that matters to me. They use NET and that is only for minor support at that.
The Net has some obvious glitches. I like RPI. This has nothing to do with supporting any argument. However, Chattanooga is stronger than the LG this year and the So Conf is stronger than the big sky. You are welcome to disagree, but you will be wrong.

Notice a common thread in Hoops' posts? Nobody who posts here knows anything about basketball but him. And, if you dare challenge him, you are a jerk. A very sad self-flagellating individual. Consider the source and just laugh. It's like a amateur night at the comedy store.

Amazed by you slander, but probably shouldn't be.
He needs to be banned. He whines to the mods to ban other posters, and threatens to withhold financial donations to the site if his demands are not met. He is truly a sad individual, who thinks his money can buy friends and status within the Griz community. They gladly take his money, then laugh their butts off when he walks away.

Since we seem to be holding a contest here on who knows the most, this is what I know about the Lady Griz for next year Those returning and recruited by Holsinger include, Konig, Stump, Lincoln, Donarski, M. Huard., Pirog, Greenslade, and Bruno. Some were recruited as frosh and others via transfer. To date Pirog has not shown me much and Greenslade has been injured so can't really form an opinion. Macey Huard had numerous other options including at ACC schools and said she did not want to go where her sister was yet Holsinger recruited her and got her and she is a future star.. Donarski and Lincoln also had other options. The list is pretty solid in my opinion and shows that Coach H. is a pretty darned good recruiter. I would like to see more Montana talent and some more bigs. I believe there is at last one very talented player recruited for next year and likely more. All in all a great job considering the mess that was created during the SS era.. I don't claim to be an expert like others but follow the Lady Griz closely

Back