• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

"Fight On!"

Something more organically Montana and original. Like half the stadium start with UNA! Reponse- BOMBER!

(too soon?)

SaskGriz said:
Something more organically Montana and original. Like half the stadium start with UNA! Reponse- BOMBER!

(too soon?)

:lol: :lol: Might be time to pull your goalie.

fanofzoo said:
chris said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
chris said:
now that would be cool!

The MONTANA....GRIZZLIESSSS Chant will always be the best tho.....that shit is just straight eerie in real life!!!!

Agreed, chills every time

Great tradition lives on, tell everyone.

Not gonna lie. Last year at times it was subdued, even when in "full swing."

I want the...... MONTANA!!!!!....... GRIZZLIES!!!!!!! back we had rolling around 7ish o'clock.....Dec 12th, 2009.

Ya, that one.

signedbewildered said:
fanofzoo said:
chris said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
The MONTANA....GRIZZLIESSSS Chant will always be the best tho.....that shit is just straight eerie in real life!!!!

I want the...... MONTANA!!!!!....... GRIZZLIES!!!!!!! back we had rolling around 7ish o'clock.....Dec 12th, 2009.

Ya, that one.

Now there you go, it was totally driven by the fans and it was awesome!

mcg said:
signedbewildered said:
fanofzoo said:
chris said:

Ya, that one.

It also happened to be the last time Bobby Hauck coached a game in WGS :thumb:

mcg said:
signedbewildered said:
fanofzoo said:
chris said:

Ya, that one.

Has to be the best game played there, yet.

BWahlberg said:
From last night's Griz Encounter Coach Hauck urged the crowd of what we as fans need to do when we see someone in Griz gear or at anytime on gameday.

If you see a fellow Griz fan, give them a, "Go Griz!"

Their reply should be, "Fight on!"

(and so if you get a Go Griz to you, that should be your answer).

This whole fall camp that's how Bobby's broke practice ending huddles, with a loud Go Griz and the team replies, "fight on!" If you pick up the official Maroon Out T shirts for the UNI game around town you'll see "Fight On" is printed on the back.

And yes I'm sure they're all aware it's the name of the USC fight song too, so please take this weekend in advance of the first game to get over those concerns. :thumb:

GO GRIZ!

Nope. With all due respect to the Ol' Ball Coach, Up With Montana, is, was, and always will be how I greet a fellow Griz fan. Up With Montana is uniquely ours. I said it to the Civilian jogging in Griz gear in Afghanistan, and I will say it to all the rest.

Up With Montana!

Griz: Don’t over think it guys! Do it or don’t but I fail to see a real problem with any of it. Can’t wait to make the trip over for the opener!! :thumb:

Cats: FTC :roll:

Ursa Major said:
signedbewildered said:
Well that's gonna take a bit for me to get used to.

I'm so used to responding "f*** THE CATS!!!"

My Russian mail order bride wears a lot of Griz shirts and her usual response when people give her the "Go Griz!" is to avert her eyes and walk briskly away from them. She says, "Baby, I forget what to say".

This is brilliant, bewildered! I'll pass this gem on to her. Of course she's still working on her English so I'm expecting some variations (e.g. f*** you cat!, f*** your cats, or simply Cats f***!). Really can't go wrong with any of these.

Tha'ts all good. But in the near future, the Griz will have returned to dominance and the Brawl of the Wild will revert back to being a speed bump on our schedule and a warm up for the playoffs.
Go Griz! Fight on! it sure is good to have Bobby back.

PlayerRep said:
Is this how the team responded of the clip of O'Neill, the bin laden guy, talking to the team?
O'Neill is a Griz? How cool is that! The first comment out of my mouth when I heard about the successful hit, was "now there's a guy who will never have to buy another drink his whole life". He will need bodyguards to enter the tailgate area to protect him from being mobbed by the crowds wanting to shake his hand and buy him a beer.

I like to emulate Notre Dame greeters when I see fans from the opposing team. I say "Welcome to Washington Grizzly Stadium. Thank you for bringing us a victory today!"

Yesterday a prominent Griz fan here in Billings tried to convince me the proper response to "Go Griz!" was "Fight On!". I missed the chance to tell her that the proper response is either "Go Griz!" or "Bobcats Suck!" I will remedy this the next time I see her!

I think what should happen when you see a fan in Griz gear is you say "Montana" they say "Grizzlies". I think that would catch on more than Fight On.

mcg said:
signedbewildered said:
fanofzoo said:
chris said:

Ya, that one.

I think Chris had something to do with that one!

TxGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Is this how the team responded of the clip of O'Neill, the bin laden guy, talking to the team?
O'Neill is a Griz? How cool is that! The first comment out of my mouth when I heard about the successful hit, was "now there's a guy who will never have to buy another drink his whole life". He will need bodyguards to enter the tailgate area to protect him from being mobbed by the crowds wanting to shake his hand and buy him a beer.

great guy and pure montana...talked with him at the airport in Minneapolis and he wanted to buy us drinks (just the type of guy he is)...had to catch another fight and run but it was pleasure to meet a real patriot!

Back