• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

"Fight On!"

Da Boyz Mom said:
Ursa Major said:
signedbewildered said:
Well that's gonna take a bit for me to get used to.

I'm so used to responding "f*** THE CATS!!!"

My Russian mail order bride wears a lot of Griz shirts and her usual response when people give her the "Go Griz!" is to avert her eyes and walk briskly away from them. She says, "Baby, I forget what to say".

This is brilliant, bewildered! I'll pass this gem on to her. Of course she's still working on her English so I'm expecting some variations (e.g. f*** you cat!, f*** your cats, or simply Cats f***!). Really can't go wrong with any of these.

I live in New Mexico where Griz fans are almost non-existent, so whenever I see someone sporting Griz gear I get a little over excited and yell Go Griz! I am usually met with a blank stare, followed by a slowly dawning realization that I am referencing their apparel. Nine times out of ten the explanation is that, "Oh yeah my (insert random Montana relative) gave this to me. I don't know anything about the school". Sigh.

Hahaha!! I'm known to go a little overboard on my volume and excitement of Go Griz too. You shouldn't startle people after all, especially the elderly. My simple response to any cat that comments on my apparel is, "Keep walking, trash."

Ursa Major said:
signedbewildered said:

My Russian mail order bride wears a lot of Griz shirts and her usual response when people give her the "Go Griz!" is to avert her eyes and walk briskly away from them. She says, "Baby, I forget what to say".

This is brilliant, bewildered! I'll pass this gem on to her. Of course she's still working on her English so I'm expecting some variations (e.g. f*** you cat!, f*** your cats, or simply Cats f***!). Really can't go wrong with any of these.

Especially with the accent. Even a soft spoken fuck the cats with a foreign accent is like yelling it followed by a bunch of exclamation points.

!!!!!!!!!!!

signedbewildered said:
Ursa Major said:
signedbewildered said:

Especially with the accent. Even a soft spoken f*** the cats with a foreign accent is like yelling it followed by a bunch of exclamation points.

!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck thanks guys , I'm in my hotel room trying my best to say "fuck the cats " with a Russian accent.

TCCGRIZ said:
signedbewildered said:
Ursa Major said:
signedbewildered said:

Especially with the accent. Even a soft spoken f*** the cats with a foreign accent is like yelling it followed by a bunch of exclamation points.

!!!!!!!!!!!

f*** thanks guys , I'm in my hotel room trying my best to say "f*** the cats " with a Russian accent.

If you aren’t watching it yet, kick on Glow from Netflix. I’m told Mrs. Ursa is a technical advisor for Russian accents & drinking vodka off the ice statue head of a horse. I also hear she is doing some of the stunt wrestling as well.

о, детка.

granitegriz said:
Victor, did you eat the cold cream? :shock:

Well, had that actually happened I'm sure it would have found a way into my body....even with my mouth swelled shut! ;)

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
I may be in the minority - but we are not U$C. No. Thank. You.
Don't get me wrong, it is cool that the team is using it as a rallying cry or whatver, but you won't catch me saying that.

Totally agree.

mcg said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Don't get me wrong, it is cool that the team is using it as a rallying cry or whatver, but you won't catch me saying that.

Totally agree.

:roll:
We need as many people as possible to buy in to make it work well. Get with the program folks!

MTGRZ said:
mcg said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:

Totally agree.

:roll:
We need as many people as possible to buy in to make it work well. Get with the program folks!

I have no problem with other folks saying it, but I won't.

Ursa Major said:
signedbewildered said:

When I was in Russia, as soon as someone realized we were Yanks, they would say "Hello! Fuck!" in that order. It was the best.

While in London several years ago for the rugby 15's World Cup, we got a tour of the Arsenal soccer training facility (awesome) from an American buddy who was a senior exec for the club. Totally cool tour and learned a lot about professional soccer in a short time. The business part of it. Of course, my level of knowledge was about zero, so everything said was new knowledge for me.

As we were leaving and walking through the parking lot, a guy about 30, who was walking to his car, spotted my UM QB Club jacket, and said "Go Griz". He was an assistant strength coach for Arsenal. Was American and had gone to school at Wash St. Might have been from Spokane. Knew a lot about the Griz.

VictorG said:
I tried to talk my wife into buying a case of Miller Light for $14.95. Instead, she bought a jar of cold cream for $7.95.
I told her the beer would make her look better at night than the cold cream.
Fight On...

Has she served you the divorce papers yet Victor? :lol:

Back