• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

EWU/WIU: Anytime you want to bitch….

Gonna have to have the offense score a few points to beat EWU. That offense is legit. Defense non existent but offense legit.

I just heard the announcer say, “gee whiz” to describe the EWU TD. This game is an absolutely joke. We will definitely need to overwhelm Berriere and force him to scramble and let the defense contain the edges, but that is what the Griz are great at. EWU defense is just garbage. Someone needs to shut the two idiots up in the announcer booth.

Starting to make sense. The play by play “analyst” had never called a football game before this spring.

He’s never seen a sideline warning called.
He’s never seen a penalty for participation without a helmet.

"all of my days calling WU games.....but that only goes back to this spring season".......hahaha, this kids is a hoot!

Congrats to Barriere for wrapping up conference POtW in 20 minutes of play.

20 of 23 for 371 and 5 TDS.

With 9 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.

grizfan47 said:
"all of my days calling WU games.....but that only goes back to this spring season".......hahaha, this kids is a hoot!

He’s probably 20. But he uses phrases like he’s an old soul….”gee whiz”….”what the tizzle”…..

The problem with WIUs game-plan is they are playing to Easterns strengths. Long sustained drives with a good amount of running is how you beat a team like Eastern. Keep the ball out of their hands. WIU wants to sling the ball around, but they’re not as proficient at it as EWU. It’s a recipe for giving up a ton of points in a hurry

AZGrizFan said:
Starting to make sense. The play by play “analyst” had never called a football game before this spring.

He’s never seen a sideline warning called.
He’s never seen a penalty for participation without a helmet.
We all have to learn for the first time ... but he might have tried a high school game to start. :D

55 first half points is nuts. Western Illinois keeps getting beat deep bad. I know our defense will have their hands full, I also know we won’t be giving up 55 points, and have a much much better offense than WIU that will keep the ball out of easterns hands.

Back