• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Duq Dukes game thread

HelenaHandBasket said:
Still not sure TD went out and got any shooters.
Doesn’t matter. DeCuires offense has never been a shooter friendly offense and they won’t ever get looks anyways. But yes, continue to coach basketball like it’s 1985 and see where it takes us, TDC.

The offense is disgusting, the defense is pathetic, but I might be most disappointed by the rebounding. If nothing else, we should be able to compete on the glass.

I’m not gonna overreact to one game especially on opening night, but good god we look sloppy as hell! Give credit to Duquesne for scorching the nets, but man not a good performance. Live or die by the 3 and we are dying.

Griz til I die said:
I’m not gonna overreact to one game especially on opening night, but good god we look sloppy as hell! Give credit to Duquesne for scorching the nets, but man not a good performance. Live or die by the 3 and we are dying.

They aren't even really scorching the nets. 33% from 3 is nothing special and the 59% from the field is obviously elite but the looks are really that good for them. We just look totally outmatched.

We got rid of Beasley and Parker for Vazquez, Moody and Martin to be our main ball handlers when Whitney is denied ?! Whitney obviously not a point guard.. TD is overrated. Easy to get to the tournament with PAC 12 bouncebacks in the big sky. 80 points versus a team that lost 15 straight games. A coaching change is in order .

We can’t play worse then this. There’s just no way we’re gonna play a worse game then this all year other then maybe Gonzaga. I can’t imagine another team is gonna get this red hot. I think we need to just knock the rust off and flush this one. They’ll shoot better then this moving forward mainly because it’s gonna be really tough to shoot worse then this.

Griz til I die said:
We can’t play worse then this. There’s just no way we’re gonna play a worse game then this all year other then maybe Gonzaga. I can’t imagine another team is gonna get this red hot. I think we need to just knock the rust off and flush this one. They’ll shoot better then this moving forward mainly because it’s gonna be really tough to shoot worse then this.

Agreed.

Griz til I die said:

At least until Xavier

Back