• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Connor Dick

goatcreekgriz said:
GrizLA said:
makes it all the easier for him to walk off...lots of kids want his place. He can go elsewhere in Montana and play.

It must be nice that you have never made a mistake and you never needed a second chance. It is hard to imagine how you could be so perfect that you have never needed help, forgiveness, or a shot at redemption. The rest of us are flawed and appreciate a little empathy.

LA what? Must be one of those attitudinals I've been hearing about:..'God on our side 'cause we got hollywood'..sort of deals.

I wonder if he was driving for someone else? I find it odd that he had no proof of insurance. Nonetheless shouldn’t be driving if you have been dinking. Life lesson. He’s only 19. Lots of us have done dumb things at that age.

WyomingGrizFan said:
goatcreekgriz said:
It must be nice that you have never made a mistake and you never needed a second chance. It is hard to imagine how you could be so perfect that you have never needed help, forgiveness, or a shot at redemption. The rest of us are flawed and appreciate a little empathy.

LA what? Must be one of those attitudinals I've been hearing about:..'God on our side 'cause we got hollywood'..sort of deals.
Montana is one of the very worst states for substance and alcohol abuse with deadly results. Lots of support for this on Egriz, but it seems like a year ago that a kid from MSU was trashed by the same people loving this poor kid who is special because he can play basketball....Not sure what a "hollywood" thing is or what your point is...

GrizLA said:
AZGrizFan said:
Jesus H. There but for the grace of God goes every one of us. Ya'll ready to crucify the kid.

Tell me you never drank and drove as a kid...then go ahead and start casting stones.
Sure, but how many were on scholarship to play a game. He can now be free to enroll in a JC or small school that is accepting of this behavior. There is NO excuse or no "do over"....he needs to be off the U of Montana basket ball squad. Now...

He's a walk on. Committing lots of free time to be part of the program.

GrizLA said:
mthoopsfan said:
I know the family. Great family. I’ve met Connor. Seems
great. Mistake. He’s a MT guy and walk on. Don’t know why he would get booted.
makes it all the easier for him to walk off...lots of kids want his place. He can go elsewhere in Montana and play.

Name a couple players who want his place.

GrizLA said:
mthoopsfan said:
I know the family. Great family. I’ve met Connor. Seems
great. Mistake. He’s a MT guy and walk on. Don’t know why he would get booted.

LA, YOU are free to post your crap somewhere else, 'walkoff, ' so to speak. Take your 'holier than thou' attitude with ya.:cya:

GrizLA said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
Montana is one of the very worst states for substance and alcohol abuse with deadly results. Lots of support for this on Egriz, but it seems like a year ago that a kid from MSU was trashed by the same people loving this poor kid who is special because he can play basketball....Not sure what a "hollywood" thing is or what your point is...

"Come, Come,., it is human, to err, and at least no one can accuse you of being a callous criminal."

".., I trust that a bright future awaits....For once you have fallen low. Let us see, in the future, how high you can rise."

Spoken by the main compatriot of a certain John Hamish Watson as cited in the case...'The Adventure of the Three Students." Conducted the days of 05 April to 06 April 1895.

"..,

Funny how everybody absolutely crucifies the bobcat coaches for driving drunk but since it’s a Griz basketball player, we need to let due process play out and oh sorry he’s a good kid and he made a mistake.

Griz2k said:
Funny how everybody absolutely crucifies the bobcat coaches for driving drunk but since it’s a Griz basketball player, we need to let due process play out and oh sorry he’s a good kid and he made a mistake.

Yeah, funny how that works over here.. ;)

Livininthebush said:
Griz2k said:

Funny how he wasn't suited up on the bench tonight.....over here.

Mousegriz said:
Livininthebush said:

Funny how he wasn't suited up on the bench tonight.....over here.

He wasn't? I thought I saw him on the bench.

Went back and looked. Mistook Adam Shoff for him. My mistake.

Griz2k said:

No one seriously suggested due process. That was a joke.

The Bobcat coaches were grownups and coordinators, i.e. important coaches. You can't compare a 19 year old walk-on to Cat football coordinator.

These coordinators got virtually nothing for a year, other than 1 missed a game. This kid will obviously get plenty of punishment. And, I'm sure his parents are adding much more and irked at him.

Funny how many people make dumb comparisons and dumb comments.

Big Sage said:
My guess is we won’t see him on the bench the rest of the year

He shouldn’t. The deal is? We all did stupid shit in college. We were young, and dumb. Had the best days of our lives, and we all lost some good ones on our path. We are lucky enough to still be here, and teach this young man a lesson. Sucks, but some of us are lucky, and some aren’t. In the end, he is lucky!! Basketball is just a game. If he’s smart lessons will make him a better man.

mthoopsfan said:
Griz2k said:

The Bobcat coaches were grownups and coordinators, i.e. important coaches. You can't compare a 19 year old walk-on to Cat football coordinator.

These coordinators got virtually nothing for a year, other than 1 missed a game. This kid will obviously get plenty of punishment. And, I'm sure his parents are adding much more and irked at him.

Nothing dumb about my comment at all. Yours however....hmm. My post had nothing to do with punishments.

Griz2k said:
mthoopsfan said:

Nothing dumb about my comment at all. Yours however....hmm. My post had nothing to do with punishments.

This was a dumb comment, in my view. "but since it’s a Griz basketball player, we need to let due process play out and oh sorry he’s a good kid and he made a mistake." Feel free to justify it. I said nothing about punishments.

mthoopsfan said:
Griz2k said:

This was a dumb comment, in my view. "but since it’s a Griz basketball player, we need to let due process play out and oh sorry he’s a good kid and he made a mistake." Feel free to justify it. I said nothing about punishments.

What I’m saying and what you appear to be misunderstanding, is if you go back and read the multiple pages about the bobcat coaches, most on there are absolutely destroying those guys but most posts above are about forgiveness for Connor. Does it matter that they were coaches and he's a player? Driving drunk is driving drunk, isn't it? To be clear, I never said anything negative about those coaches, nor did I say anything negative about Conner. I will not cast stones from my glass house. I simply found the difference in tone interesting.

And you did talk about punishments. You literally used the word "punishment" in your post talking about the what the cat coaches got compared to what Connor may or may not get. But I don’t care either way, and I have a feeling you and I are on the same page on this, but seeing it from a slightly different view. I'm absolutely ok with Connor continuing to be a Griz if that's what TD decides.

Griz2k said:
mthoopsfan said:

What I’m saying and what you appear to be misunderstanding, is if you go back and read the multiple pages about the bobcat coaches, most on there are absolutely destroying those guys but most posts above are about forgiveness for Connor. Does it matter that they were coaches and he's a player? Driving drunk is driving drunk, isn't it? To be clear, I never said anything negative about those coaches, nor did I say anything negative about Conner. I will not cast stones from my glass house. I simply found the difference in tone interesting.

And you did talk about punishments. You literally used the word "punishment" in your post talking about the what the cat coaches got compared to what Connor may or may not get. But I don’t care either way, and I have a feeling you and I are on the same page on this, but seeing it from a slightly different view. I'm absolutely ok with Connor continuing to be a Griz if that's what TD decides.

Yes, it matters a lot that they are coordinators, coaching the kids and leading MSU, and the kid is a 19 year old walk-on kid. Huge difference. Driving drunk is driving drunk, but adults with a high-profile jobs and leading and coaching a bunch of kids/players, is completely different than a kid getting a dui. I meant I didn't say YOU talked about punishments. Yes, I believe, and have believed all along, that the coaches have had immediate and strong punishment. They didn't get that. MSU hid for a year, and put nonsense in the press. Due process. Please. I advised clients on stuff like this for. over 4 decades. I know the area, and I know what MSU was saying was BS.

If you don't see the huge difference between the Cat coaches' situation and the 19 year old kids', then your problem is exposed and clear.

Having recently lost my 17 year old granddaughter to an intoxicated 20 year old driver - I have zero tolerance for this behavior.
He needs to never repeat this behavior. UM, the legal system, his coaches, friends, parents, need to do something to ensure this is not repeated...
Call Mom, call Uber, call a friend, Do Not Drive

:
grizzpa said:
Having recently lost my 17 year old granddaughter to an intoxicated 20 year old driver - I have zero tolerance for this behavior.
He needs to never repeat this behavior. UM, the legal system, his coaches, friends, parents, need to do something to ensure this is not repeated...
Call Mom, call Uber, call a friend, Do Not Drive
:thumb:

Back