• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Connor Dick

grizbob

https://www.missoulamugs.com/arrest/DICK,%20CONNOR%20JAMES-ce301372f77d11c2857f88d7e3202ac1e278de61

Ouch

Yeesh. If he's allowed to stay on the team, I sure hope he gets his act together.

Putting the timeline together, did he step off the plane and go straight to a party, pound a few and drive? Seriously poor judgement. Maybe gummies? Pot?

Ow
Hate to be him facing Travis.
Fortunately for him, this is his 1st offense, he's from a great family, and his family is in good with the U of M.

I'm pretty sure legal ramifications will be somewhat soft.
As for the GRIZ, that's tough to say. If he takes ownership, shows remorse, issues a sincere apology to the team, and accepts DeCuire's discipline, he can still be a GRIZ.

I'd be surprised to see him play again this season.

Can’t make these mistakes when you’re representing the Griz and university and are a role model to young fans. If his time is done with the team I’m fine with that. He is lucky he didn’t kill anyone or hurt anyone else doing this.

PeauxRouge said:
Yeesh. If he's allowed to stay on the team, I sure hope he gets his act together.

Putting the timeline together, did he step off the plane and go straight to a party, pound a few and drive? Seriously poor judgement. Maybe gummies? Pot?

Gummies??? Nice hypothesis, but cops almost never give out weed DUIs because the field sobriety tests that they are trained in aren't designed for THC and there are no roadside testing devices like a Breathalyzer to determine cannabis consumption. Homeboy was drunk.

HookedonGriz said:
Can’t make these mistakes when you’re representing the Griz and university and are a role model to young fans. If his time is done with the team I’m fine with that. He is lucky he didn’t kill anyone or hurt anyone else doing this.

Spot on!! :clap: Montana to good of a program to have a kid like him. Don’t let the door hit ya on the way out.

gotgame75 said:
PeauxRouge said:

Gummies??? Nice hypothesis, but cops almost never give out weed DUIs because the field sobriety tests that they are trained in aren't designed for THC and there are no roadside testing devices like a Breathalyzer to determine cannabis consumption. Homeboy was drunk.

Thanks for the info! Clearly I'm not in the know on what could have gone on ;)

westsider said:
HookedonGriz said:

Spot on!! :clap: Montana to good of a program to have a kid like him. Don’t let the door hit ya on the way out.

Jesus H. There but for the grace of God goes every one of us. Ya'll ready to crucify the kid.

Tell me you never drank and drove as a kid...then go ahead and start casting stones.

AZGrizFan said:
westsider said:

Jesus H. There but for the grace of God goes every one of us. Ya'll ready to crucify the kid.

Tell me you never drank and drove as a kid...then go ahead and start casting stones.

Sure, but I knew the consequences as I am sure you did.

Kids make mistakes. Adults make mistakes.

All we want is for Connor to learn from his mistake. I'm not here to debate the severity of a DUI, or the quality of a person Connor is or even if he came from a good family. This is a mistake, a rather preventable and dumb mistake, but also an all to common one many Missoulians make ( just judging by the weekly DUI blotter in the Missoulian). Cast stones, don't case stones.

As for whether that is a part of the Grizzly team, that is for him, TDC and the athletic department to sort out. I know that since the early 10's, they have a protocol to follow. So whether he should be a part of the team, suspended or booted from it will likely come from the guidance from that protocol.

We just hope regardless of outcome of his status on the team, he can learn from that mistake and not make it again. Because if he does figure it out and learn, he's doing a lot better than the guy you read in the paper every once in a while that is nabbed for his 8th or 13th DUI.

Any truth to the rumor that MSU football offered him a coordinator position the very next morning?

Connor is a great kid. Bad mistake.

AZGrizFan said:
westsider said:

Sure, but how many were on scholarship to play a game. He can now be free to enroll in a JC or small school that is accepting of this behavior. There is NO excuse or no "do over"....he needs to be off the U of Montana basket ball squad. Now...

OK, here's the question that hasn't been asked. I wonder why?
He is a 19 YEAR OLD FRESHMAN!
Q: Where the hell did he get the alcohol???

High school friend?(he is a Hellgate grad)
Upper class teammate?(wait for the next shoe to fall)
Family member?
Some idiot convenience store clerk?

BTW, I could walk in and buy beer when I was 17(legal age was 21).
And, YES, I drove drunk, for all you 'Holier That Thou' moral high ground phonies.
And, YES, YES, I have a DUI on MY record, so I won't be casting that first stone.

GrizLA said:
AZGrizFan said:

Sure, but how many were on scholarship to play a game. He can now be free to enroll in a JC or small school that is accepting of this behavior. There is NO excuse or no "do over"....he needs to be off the U of Montana basket ball squad. Now...

Unless you know the kid or whether he has been in trouble before, I believe such righteous indignation is misguided and maybe even unjust. A little grace and compassion is called for here. I recall Mike Chavez faced a similar situation and redeemed himself. Two decades later, Chavez is a good citizen and admired. Let the process work before banishing the kid.

Goatcreek, consider the source of the comment.
By his standards, HE should be off eGriz...NOW!
What's good for the goose...

GrizLA said:
AZGrizFan said:

He’s not on scholarship. Pay attention. You should be band as a fan. Now.

goatcreekgriz said:
GrizLA said:

Unless you know the kid or whether he has been in trouble before, I believe such righteous indignation is misguided and maybe even unjust. A little grace and compassion is called for here. I recall Mike Chavez faced a similar situation and redeemed himself. Two decades later, Chavez is a good citizen and admired. Let the process work before banishing the kid.

I know the family. Great family. I’ve met Connor. Seems
great. Mistake. He’s a MT guy and walk on. Don’t know why he would get booted.

mthoopsfan said:
goatcreekgriz said:

makes it all the easier for him to walk off...lots of kids want his place. He can go elsewhere in Montana and play.

GrizLA said:
mthoopsfan said:
makes it all the easier for him to walk off...lots of kids want his place. He can go elsewhere in Montana and play.

It must be nice that you have never made a mistake and you never needed a second chance. It is hard to imagine how you could be so perfect that you have never needed help, forgiveness, or a shot at redemption. The rest of us are flawed and appreciate a little empathy.

Back