• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

ChoateSports.com - a true gem!

Silenoz said:
bigsky33 said:
Silenoz said:
...and yeah, "culture" of a meat grinder. Like firing Ty because he wanted to see his kids for 10 minutes a day :\

Maybe Bobby ought to bring him back to the Griz. He would get plenty of time with family.

Where do you get this garbage? You are getting CDA all excited. He hasn’t had anything to get excited about for a while now.
You're on eGriz skippy. Don't like what we have to say, don't continue spending a couple

I mean, I realize it's hard to break the obsession with us, and believe me I see it all the time first-hand, but you have your own freshly competent program again. It's acceptable to spend your time following them instead of worrying about us.

Is not this a thread about the Cats? What am I missing. You guys have more Cat threads on here than Bobcat Nation. I think it is you guys that are obsessed with the Cats. :clap:

bigsky33 said:
Silenoz said:
bigsky33 said:
Silenoz said:
...and yeah, "culture" of a meat grinder. Like firing Ty because he wanted to see his kids for 10 minutes a day :\

Maybe Bobby ought to bring him back to the Griz. He would get plenty of time with family.

Where do you get this garbage? You are getting CDA all excited. He hasn’t had anything to get excited about for a while now.
You're on eGriz skippy. Don't like what we have to say, don't continue spending a couple

I mean, I realize it's hard to break the obsession with us, and believe me I see it all the time first-hand, but you have your own freshly competent program again. It's acceptable to spend your time following them instead of worrying about us.

Is not this a thread about the Cats? What am I missing. You guys have more Cat threads on here than Bobcat Nation. I think it is you guys that are obsessed with the Cats. :clap:

Yep, some posters are obsessed enough to start threads about their rival. Some posters are obsessed enough to make thousands of posts on their rival's board.

Now pray tell us, when looking at the populations of Cat and Griz fans, which one of those camps do you fall into? :roll:

It's okay though. Many grown men have fallen to the same temptation.

Oh, and I'm sure Ty will be up at Bridger this weekend. Ask him yourself.

argh! said:
bigsky33 said:
Great Day To Be An Eagle said:
poorgriz said:
It's Choate's goal, and he's making pretty good progress towards it.

What progress? He's 12-12 in the Big Sky Conf with 4th place being the highest finish in the conference.
Overall he's 17-18 at MSU and has zero playoff wins in one appearance.

Their record has improved each year under Choate, making the playoffs last year with a win in the first round and losing to the champions, North Dakota ST in the second round. They lost few starters this past year and had an excellent recruiting year, including some key transfers that will fill the holes left by graduation.

in other words, trajectory. at this rate they'll get back to where they were under ash in another 10 years or so.

:lol: :lol:

Silenoz said:
bigsky33 said:
Silenoz said:
bigsky33 said:

Yep, some posters are obsessed enough to start threads about their rival. Some posters are obsessed enough to make thousands of posts on their rival's board.

Now pray tell us, when looking at the populations of Cat and Griz fans, which one of those camps do you fall into? :roll:

Good for Ty. It is great to see he is spending time with his beautiful family.

bigsky33 said:
Silenoz said:
bigsky33 said:
Silenoz said:

Why did Choach fire him? Was Gregorak questioning the ChoateSports.com/MSU Athletic Department "business model". I know it's not the intent, but the "loosen up and have a drink" thing just makes me think of Puddin' Pops.

bigsky33 said:

He's had two straight months of "spending time with his beautiful family."
Ever been to a family reunion or class reunion? The 'shine' wears off pretty quickly.

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
Silenoz said:
bigsky33 said:

Why did Choach fire him? Was Gregorak questioning the ChoateSports.com/MSU Athletic Department "business model". I know it's not the intent, but the "loosen up and have a drink" thing just makes me think of Puddin' Pops.

I think you need to ask Choate and Ty what happened. I doubt we will ever know the answer as personnel matters are usually kept private nowadays. Looking for answers on a message board full of hearsay is fruitless.

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
Silenoz said:
bigsky33 said:

It sounds like maybe Tys wife was a little TOO into the new program?

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
Silenoz said:

I think you need to ask Choate and Ty what happened. I doubt we will ever know the answer as personnel matters are usually kept private nowadays. Looking for answers on a message board full of hearsay is fruitless.

It's good that personnel matters concerning public employees firing other public employees are kept private. That's what Bobcat fans love about Choach: Loosen up, have a drink, don't ask questions, I got this.

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:

It's good that personnel matters concerning public employees firing other public employees are kept private. That's what Bobcat fans love about Choach: Loosen up, have a drink, don't ask questions, I got this.

Personnel matters of any type are usually kept private. Same is true at UM and for all State employees. Where do you get that fans love this about Choate? Is that the way it is at UM with their fans loving Hauck?

bigsky33 said:

I wasn't looking for answers on a message board. I was hoping to find the answers in a newspaper or something. But alas, no such luck. I guess I'll just have to speculate and assume the worst.

AllWeatherFan said:
bigsky33 said:

I wasn't looking for answers on a message board. I was hoping to find the answers in a newspaper or something. But alas, no such luck. I guess I'll just have to speculate and assume the worst.

CDA was asking on here why Choate fired TY. Yes, all anyone can do is speculate when it comes to the details of personnel matters with State employees. What you assume is your prerogative.

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Personnel matters of any type are usually kept private. Same is true at UM and for all State employees. Where do you get that fans love this about Choate? Is that the way it is at UM with their fans loving Hauck?

Please read the thread. K, thx.

bigsky33 said:
You guys have more Cat threads on here than Bobcat Nation. I think it is you guys that are obsessed with the Cats.
If we had a nickel for each time a cat troll said this on egriz, we could hire a good engineer from Tech to build our little bro a gym that can make it through a Montana winter

This can’t be real! I clicked on the site and laughed so hard I spit my French Choate Roast all over my new book, How to Win Friends and Beat the Sky.

Ursa Major said:
This can’t be real! I clicked on the site and laughed so hard I spit my French Choate Roast all over my new book, How to Win Friends and Beat the Sky.

Its fine if you read it, just dont let your wife find out. Before you know it she'll be asking you for $130 and come home wearing a Gridiron Girls Shirt, and her Tailgates and Touchdowns rhinestone hat.

EverettGriz said:
bigsky33 said:
I think you will agree that MSU has done a far better job in promoting their school and programs than UM. UM is still in decline while MSU is increasing. If Choate's webpage creates more interest in their summer camps and the womens seminars get more of them involved and interested in football, then it is successful.

I dunno. Sounds as though the primary audience for any promoting is the local police's SVU. The only thing missing is the hotel's posted hourly rates.

I actually think they took that portion off the page hahahaha.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
EverettGriz said:
bigsky33 said:
I think you will agree that MSU has done a far better job in promoting their school and programs than UM. UM is still in decline while MSU is increasing. If Choate's webpage creates more interest in their summer camps and the womens seminars get more of them involved and interested in football, then it is successful.

I dunno. Sounds as though the primary audience for any promoting is the local police's SVU. The only thing missing is the hotel's posted hourly rates.

Yeah, that's where they drew the line. :lol:
Never change, MSU, never change.

CDAGRIZ said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
EverettGriz said:
bigsky33 said:

Yes, do not change. The program is very successful. And yes, MSU is doing a great job in marketing attracting new students and supporters. UM should take some lessons.

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
EverettGriz said:

Yes, do not change. The program is very successful. And yes, MSU is doing a great job in marketing attracting new students and supporters. UM should take some lessons.

22-24 over the last four years. 17-18 with a new choach over the last three. VERY successful.

Back