• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

cheap shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home from the game. This thread takes the cake. 5 people still complaining about the coach that got hired and has the team headed up again. Seriously 1 guy with 3 accounts and 2 people that have nothing to do. What a season. I am so glad I got to enjoy it with you all. Some things to clear up and miss some of the best players we have seen. Can't wait till next year. Go Griz!

Robbie’s always been an edge of that line type player. He’s always playing to the last echo of the whistle.

I can’t say that I’d have been surprised to see him get flagged a few times this season, but he seems to have mastered the knack of knowing just how far he can go.

I’ll take some shit as a Cat fan, but I had the exact same thought about Hauck vs Strahm. I noticed Hauck likes to slide in late and sort of headbutt the ball carrier. Did it in Cat Griz and Cat player definitely took offense it it.

Hauck is definitely one of those players who lives right on the edge. Opposing fans, like me, think he plays dirty, but you guys eat it up as playing passionate. One thing I've noticed is he never completely crosses the line to blatantly late or cheap. And it always gets the Griz and you guys all wound up. While I think he's a bit cheap, I do respect the intensity he brings to the game. I don't think your defense is as good without him on the field keeping everyone's energy up.

Rxgrzz said:
The two hits out of bounds were far more obvious than anything Hauck did. Pretty sure about that.

Grizzlies has some late hits too. As PR said, at least refs were consistent. Hauck though twice did antics that could of cost the team. He needs to reign that in next year.

The game was called consistently minus when it came to the pass interference calls. Weber had 3-4 go their way on Ticky tack calls and I dont recall getting any called for the griz. Robert's was held on the last drive , looked to have alot of room to run had he not been held.

I was at the game, I almost wonder if the players got more leeway as far as late hits because of the slick conditions. It's hard to pull up when you can't stop like normal.

[media] https://twitter.com/kirkherbstreit/status/1206224103650275329?s=21[/media]

Although the guys in the stands didn’t quite hold up the ideal, I’d have to agree with Herby here.

If opposing players were doing stuff to Griz players that Hauck did, we as Griz fans would be losing our collective shit. Like PR said, no need for that extra crap and at some point it's going to cost the team.

I hate the after the play crap, and Robby is usually in the middle of it. That said, weebs players were right there also. On the play where Hauck flipped Constantine's legs, if you watch the replay, it's very clear that JC was trying to kick Robby under the chin. That prompted him to toss his legs to the side. Not defending Robby at all, but it's important to note that his activity is often precipitated by another player being an awipe.

signedbewildered said:
Should be a "do like dante" hashtag.

A reciever or running back may or may not respect you after you hit them so hard they cough up the ball and see stars while trying to catch their wind while laying there on their backs.

I'm guessing just about every one will respect you when you are the first to reach out a hand to help them up.

Gotta admit, Robby pushes the limits for sure. I don't hate that. To each his own as long as it isn't costing us yards.
This! We have a winner. #DLD

If I had to be honest, I believe the refs knew what kind of game they were going to be officiating. A huge game between two teams with history and not a lot of love for each other. Despite the overall record of the series it feels like a rivalry game. There is bound to be a little extracurricular activity. I think the refs allowed the teams to play with emotion as long as it didnt go too far and i dont believe it ever did. In any other game the flags most likey would have been thrown and for that I respect the officials for letting them play.

Again, cheap stuff or chipping, as we used to call is, is much different than cheap shots. Cheap shots can hurt people. The stuff Hauck did against Weber wasn't going to hurt anybody. I don't call the late hits by Weber out of bounds cheap shots either. The first one definitely should have been called a penalty, tho.

WILDCATFAN said:
If I had to be honest, I believe the refs knew what kind of game they were going to be officiating. A huge game between two teams with history and not a lot of love for each other. Despite the overall record of the series it feels like a rivalry game. There is bound to be a little extracurricular activity. I think the refs allowed the teams to play with emotion as long as it didnt go too far and i dont believe it ever did. In any other game the flags most likey would have been thrown and for that I respect the officials for letting them play.

I don't know if the refs did this intentionally or not, but this is what they did and they were pretty even on what they called and didn't, both ways. I was completely fine with that.

So last year I asked a player who among the Griz they least liked to get tackled by in practice. I was assuming it would be Sims, Olson, somebody big. The answer was Robbie. I asked why. He said because he always hits your legs. So I’ve been watching. Honestly he does and he wraps em up. I see NFL and Power 5 DBs and Safeties every weekend who could take a lesson on tackling technique from Hauck.

That said, if that game was reffed by a BSC crew, both teams would have had more penalty yards than offensive yards. I liked the no calls. Only really bad call was the overturned catch by Roberts. How the hell did the see enough to overturn that through the watery camera lenses?

Buttegrizzle said:
So last year I asked a player who among the Griz they least liked to get tackled by in practice. I was assuming it would be Sims, Olson, somebody big. The answer was Robbie. I asked why. He said because he always hits your legs. So I’ve been watching. Honestly he does and he wraps em up. I see NFL and Power 5 DBs and Safeties every weekend who could take a lesson on tackling technique from Hauck.

That said, if that game was reffed by a BSC crew, both teams would have had more penalty yards than offensive yards. I liked the no calls. Only really bad call was the overturned catch by Roberts. How the hell did the see enough to overturn that through the watery camera lenses?

They’d already overturned the JLM non-catch prior. The “we got this” was strong with this group of MVC refs. I ran the Roberts catch back a dozen times and couldn’t tell anything conclusively. But they felt like they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back