• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Caleb Otlewski commits

1) That is just a sick announcement graphic that we are putting together for these kids to put on their page. I liked that a lot.

2) This kid is a fun prospect. Great size, looks to be fast to get to the ball and was doing a great job of getting off blocks against high level competition in high school, great familiarity with the defense we run. Burned his red shirt but lots of time left to play. Assuming he and Kaho had a solid relationship or he wouldn't be here, so he should have a built in older mentor. This seems like an absolutely great pickup, and an under the radar one to be excited about.

Well I think that just about wraps it for Spring recruiting. The only thing I think we still need is a Center because I'm worried sick about the snaps after Spring Ball, and a punter because I don't think any of the guys on the roster are a reliable option. Other than that, I really like our team!

Well I think that just about wraps it for Spring recruiting. The only thing I think we still need is a Center because I'm worried sick about the snaps after Spring Ball, and a punter because I don't think any of the guys on the roster are a reliable option. Other than that, I really like our team!
We have a Juco punter Ty Morrison that signed with us and he will be here for fall.

Is he coming in as a DE or LB?
I don't have any insider info about it or anything, but he is going to have the size to be a hand down DE, his high school film makes him look like he would ideally fill in the OConnell role for us if being a fast rushing LB. With the way we were mixing fronts last year, I could see him being a consistent pass rusher fluidly between lining up as a rushing edge LB from a standing position and getting through on all the twists and stuff we do, or getting up on the line to help against larger fronts. He looks like the rare kid that can do both really well.

Back