• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Caleb Otlewski commits

I'm with you Elrod that fife will be the guy when it's all said and done and than ah yat will be the guy after that

Fife I think is to good to not have it figured out and be ready to take over come opener, staff brought him in for a reason.

Spring game meant nothing for how he looked as he needs real practice and reps and that will happen once practice starts and also as he gets in throws I'm sure with guys This summer
Absolutely agreed. We always hear how much timing and practice together is important. I think a lot of folks don't realize how complicated college offenses are now. We do a lot of good RPO stuff to let guys get in and make some quick reads, but it always takes time to get comfortable. Forbes was meeting regularly with the QBs last summer to help teach and familiarize them.

I am actually more excited about our qb depth than maybe I have ever been. (I was a kid for Dickenson and Ah Yat, do give me grace). This is an incredibly interesting qb room to me, and they have very different strengths and weaknesses.

The last Inside The Den was pretty interesting. Hauck said Huot upgraded his game a bunch, Fife was learning the offense fast (and making a move) and Ah Yat was continuing to improve. Pease said the QB room is far ahead of where they were at the same time last year. They were both far more complimentary than in the past.
I personally would like the coaches to say less...

Last time we had this kind of hype it did not end well.

I'm with you Elrod that fife will be the guy when it's all said and done and than ah yat will be the guy after that

Fife I think is to good to not have it figured out and be ready to take over come opener, staff brought him in for a reason.

Spring game meant nothing for how he looked as he needs real practice and reps and that will happen once practice starts and also as he gets in throws I'm sure with guys This summer
Maybe, but you can't argue AY's climb up the depth chart last year. He is probably the most ready to start game 1...maybe Fife rises above him, but I don't think he's the opening day starter.

Are the coaches saying anything now?
Part of the deal is that they have to do the interviews with Riley, and they have to say something. I have always gotten the feeling that they have tried to be honest without overhyping anybody. We all know Bobby Hauck doesn't give out praise willy-nilly. He's certainly no Jeff Choate for Pete's sake, consistently running his mouth...

Part of the deal is that they have to do the interviews with Riley, and they have to say something. I have always gotten the feeling that they have tried to be honest without overhyping anybody. We all know Bobby Hauck doesn't give out praise willy-nilly. He's certainly no Jeff Choate for Pete's sake, consistently running his mouth...
Again, what are the coaches saying about transfers? Where's the supposed hype on transfers?

You must be a bad fan if you haven't been excited the last several seasons.
Yep, that's me, a bad fan. You got it right. No, I was not remotely excited during the Stitt years. There weas little to be excited about with the program while Hauck was rebuilding the program. Talk is cheap, and there are a lot of billionaires in this fan forum. I call it as I see it and always have.

But, hey you and third can keep competing for the best fan award.

Yep, that's me, a bad fan. You got it right. No, I was not remotely excited during the Stitt years. There weas little to be excited about with the program while Hauck was rebuilding the program. Talk is cheap, and there are a lot of billionaires in this fan forum. I call it as I see it and always have.

But, hey you and third can keep competing for the best fan award.
I hope you got my joke. I won the best fan award years ago. Joe Glenn first gave it to me, when he introduced me and gave me a signed 2001 championship poster. He introduced himself to me at the Press Box, saying he'd been told I was a great supporter and the "famous" Green26 on the old message board. 3d also locked up the worst fan spot long ago. He's also the most misogynist, homophobic and racist.

Back