• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Caleb Otlewski commits

There’s 5 of ‘em on the roster. I’ve guaranteed this before, but it bears repeating: odds are one of them will be under center come opening day. Or someone will. I’m certain of it.
Unfortunately, they all can't throw a pass at the same time. I'd trade all 5 for one great one

Bunch of talented kids at QB. The competition will be interesting to follow. I think we might not know for a few games who will be the guy. But whoever it is will lead a great team. We didn't know what we had before Dave Dickenson, Brian Ah Yat, Marty Mornhinweg, Jordan Johnson, John Edwards or any other Griz QB that stepped up and played. That is college football. It is cyclical. And that is the fun of being a fan watching young guys step up and get after it. None of us know how these guys are progessing from the outside. None of us.

You sound certain we don't have a great one already ON the roster...
I think everyone should listen to the last inside the den podcast of the season from mid May. Pease had some pretty interesting comments about the offense and certain positions including QB.

What's funny about this whole QB discussion is the lack of discussion about the offensive line...which is the absolute key to elite QB play.

AY behind a good to great o-line is going to dominate the conference...

AY behind an average or below average o-line is going to struggle...

The formula never changes...

Never said that, but I have said several times that our QB situation is a total crap-shoot because of a lack of experience. Kinda like the Cats experience most years.
Is it possible to KNOW they’re great before they’ve seen the field? Did Idaho know what it had in McCoy? Did NAU know what they had in Martinez? Or did they just catch lightning in a bottle?

I personally think Huot is the most ready. Ah Yat needs a year. If Fife can iron things out n get it together he could be good. But, I think Huot is gonna get a good amount of game time reps this year.

I personally think Huot is the most ready. Ah Yat needs a year. If Fife can iron things out n get it together he could be good. But, I think Huot is gonna get a good amount of game time reps this year.
Huot was a such a pleasant surprise for me at the spring game. He has been putting in work.

I feel like I am in the minority, but I still have faith in Fife being the guy. Had has had some really strong performances in the past. With Pease and Linehan, I think they will have him ready and we have an awesome battle brewing to be the next guy up between Ah Yat, Huot, and eventually Flowers. We have three young guys with great track records

Huot was a such a pleasant surprise for me at the spring game. He has been putting in work.

I feel like I am in the minority, but I still have faith in Fife being the guy. Had has had some really strong performances in the past. With Pease and Linehan, I think they will have him ready and we have an awesome battle brewing to be the next guy up between Ah Yat, Huot, and eventually Flowers. We have three young guys with great track records
The last Inside The Den was pretty interesting. Hauck said Huot upgraded his game a bunch, Fife was learning the offense fast (and making a move) and Ah Yat was continuing to improve. Pease said the QB room is far ahead of where they were at the same time last year. They were both far more complimentary than in the past.

The last Inside The Den was pretty interesting. Hauck said Huot upgraded his game a bunch, Fife was learning the offense fast (and making a move) and Ah Yat was continuing to improve. Pease said the QB room is far ahead of where they were at the same time last year. They were both far more complimentary than in the past.
That is great to hear. There is a lot you can say about our coaching staff, but "gives unreasonable praise" is genuinely not one of them.

I'm with you Elrod that fife will be the guy when it's all said and done and than ah yat will be the guy after that

Fife I think is to good to not have it figured out and be ready to take over come opener, staff brought him in for a reason.

Spring game meant nothing for how he looked as he needs real practice and reps and that will happen once practice starts and also as he gets in throws I'm sure with guys This summer

Back