• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

BOWLS

A few year ago, I think about 2015, I was at a GSA golf event and was paired with the Volleyball coach (came from Utah, I believe). We were talking about moving up and he was 100% for it. He said it immediately give you availability to athletes Montana really cant recruit now, in all sports. He said that alumni would rally around the move and the money would follow to get it started. Interesting take.

putter said:
A few year ago, I think about 2015, I was at a GSA golf event and was paired with the Volleyball coach (came from Utah, I believe). We were talking about moving up and he was 100% for it. He said it immediately give you availability to athletes Montana really cant recruit now, in all sports. He said that alumni would rally around the move and the money would follow to get it started. Interesting take.

"All of the pieces to the puzzle are not presented to us, solved, on a silver platter right this second. Therefore, it can't be done."

--A Lot of People, 1996-present

It's like when I wanted sushi from the place two blocks away the other day. But, here's the thing: I wasn't in that sushi restaurant at that very moment. I was in my living room, and nobody just randomly dropped off fresh fish and a sushi chef at my front door. There was nothing I could do about it.

MsMaroon said:

895164-ED-B9-A8-47-AC-94-A0-65-CF2-D56645-E.webp

putter said:

Ah, the money thing. Unless you and your buddies can come with about 100 mil, I really don't see it happening.

* more would be better

fanofzoo said:
putter said:

Ah, the money thing. Unless you and your buddies can come with about 100 mil, I really don't see it happening.

* more would be better

Where did you come up with the number 100 Million? Dartboard?

fanofzoo said:
putter said:

* more would be better

Yes, because we want to be Alabama. :lol: :lol: :lol:

fanofzoo said:
putter said:

* more would be better

$100 Million? Little over the top. IMO any move up depends upon the conference and the revenue one can receive. I agree, if you don't get into a conference with quality TV revenue it will make it almost impossible to break even.

Spanky2 said:
fanofzoo said:

* more would be better

Indoor practice facility and you almost half way home.

fanofzoo said:
Spanky2 said:

We’re gonna have an indoor practice facility while FCS. So quit padding an already high number. :roll:

AZGrizFan said:
fanofzoo said:

We’re gonna have an indoor practice facility while FCS. So quit padding an already high number. :roll:

What kind of number would it take, I just made that one up.

fanofzoo said:
AZGrizFan said:

What kind of number would it take, I just made that one up.

I don’t know. That’s something ELSE I don’t get paid to figure out. But there are lots of people who do that work for the university….not to mention that it’s been discussed add nauseam on this board….

kemajic said:
fanofzoo said:
The estimate for the bubble facility was about $6.4 MM if I recall correctly.

That is correct, they quoted $6.5 million for fundraising efforts. Given the setup, I fully expect them to make a push for a permanent top and walls at some point for this multisport facility. Look at the facilities NDSU and SDSU are building. Around $20-30 million. Get the field and the track in and build around it.

Wolf777 said:
kemajic said:
The estimate for the bubble facility was about $6.4 MM if I recall correctly.

That is correct, they quoted $6.5 million for fundraising efforts. Given the setup, I fully expect them to make a push for a permanent top and walls at some point for this multisport facility. Look at the facilities NDSU and SDSU are building. Around $20-30 million. Get the field and the track in and build around it.

Keep posting, the money is piling up.
Is this where someone comes up with how much it would be to increase the other sports, scholarships, etc.
and this comes from the school that is happy to sell a few beers.

fanofzoo said:
Wolf777 said:

Keep posting, the money is piling up.
Is this where someone comes up with how much it would be to increase the other sports, scholarships, etc.
and this comes from the school that is happy to sell a few beers.

None of that is “required” money other than the sports/schollies. The rest is a choice, and funded almost exclusively by donations. You’re conflating buckets of money that aren’t interrelated. And you’re also not including the offset $$ from better TV deals, higher money game payouts, etc., etc.

Are we still talking about this? The only two FBS conferences that are legit and in our footprint are the PAC 10 12 13 19 and the Mountain West they aren’t looking and we won’t be the first on the list when they do. Friday night further cemented my opinion on transitioning. I don’t know why we have to do this all the fucking time. You’re not going to convince anyone in here to swing one way or the other. Their mind is made up.

I think we should move up.
I hate going to playoff games with 24,000 of my friends.
I hate knowing that most years we have a shot at the national championship.
I’d rather have hopes of a pointless ridicules shitty assed bowl game.
I’d much rather sit at home, stare out the window in late November looking forward to 5 more months of winter.

But that’s just me.

UncleP said:
I’d much rather sit at home, stare out the window in late November looking forward to 5 more months of winter.

But that’s just me.

So are all national Championships the same?

Spanky2 said:
UncleP said:

But that’s just me.

So are all national Championships the same?

Well, to be fair, the opportunity to play for one vs not ever playing for one again is certainly different. The group of five is a fucking black hole of championship possibilities. Nice try though.

Back