• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

bobcat nation has lost it

Cowboys84 said:
Rural Juror said:
Like a lot of Montanans, I’ve attended both universities, so I’ve had pleeeennty of contact with cat fans. And I gotta say the sh!# bobcat fans spew is not normal. It’s weird. It’s weird to be playing South Dakota State or Austin Peay and chant about the Griz. I keep telling my bobcat friends they, as a fanbase, have to grow up because it’s embarrassing. I’m embarrassed for them. I don’t think any other fanbase in the country is so obsessed with their rival. Get over it little brother.

Here is an easy question for you.

what do you consider is worse, the msu bobcat fan base chanting esggcg at a sporting event, or Montana grizzlies posters starting random derogatory trolling topics every other day on the egriz message board about the bobcats when the time between the last game was Nov. 20th 2021 and the next game is Nov. 19th 2022.

Shhhh! Let 'em go on for 29 pages!

Bear Spray said:
Cowboys84 said:

what do you consider is worse, the msu bobcat fan base chanting esggcg at a sporting event, or Montana grizzlies posters starting random derogatory trolling topics every other day on the egriz message board about the bobcats when the time between the last game was Nov. 20th 2021 and the next game is Nov. 19th 2022.

Damn, I sure hope so. Making fun of the Bobcats and their fans never gets old. It always plays.

garizzalies said:
6nw431.jpg

Now, THAT is a sharply dressed dude.

GottaluvGriz said:
I have witnessed similar at weddings for several years. The 16 year domination over the Bobcats was not healthy for the rivalry and certainly inflicted damage over the Cat fan base sanity for many years to come.
We have decided to no longer go to the Griz games in Bozeman because we just don’t feel safe there any more.
Really too bad for this rivalry.
Go Griz!

Last thing I did and will ever do in BOZO was take a dump...

That steaming pile is better than any kitten fan I've talked to in the last 15 years.

Bear Spray said:
Cowboys84 said:

Thanks for your post and doing your part to get it there...it's a big ask for non Griz fans to come here and support the Montana Grizzlies...so again, appreciated!

Paytonlives said:
GottaluvGriz said:
I have witnessed similar at weddings for several years. The 16 year domination over the Bobcats was not healthy for the rivalry and certainly inflicted damage over the Cat fan base sanity for many years to come.
We have decided to no longer go to the Griz games in Bozeman because we just don’t feel safe there any more.
Really too bad for this rivalry.
Go Griz!

Last thing I did and will ever do in BOZO was take a dump...

That steaming pile is better than any kitten fan I've talked to in the last 15 years.

Please tell me it was on the 50😂.

Side note, but does anyone else view the Bobcats like they view Euros during the Ryder Cup? I do. I mean, most times, I don’t really have an opinion, but for one weekend every other fall (or every fall in this case) I feel pure disdain. Plus, they used to do that Lulay/Ole chant like a bunch of silly nannies. Always trying to justify dumb shit, etc. The Bobs are the Euros.

CDAGRIZ said:
Side note, but does anyone else view the Bobcats like they view Euros during the Ryder Cup? I do. I mean, most times, I don’t really have an opinion, but for one weekend every other fall (or every fall in this case) I feel pure disdain. Plus, they used to do that Lulay/Ole chant like a bunch of silly nannies. Always trying to justify dumb shit, etc. The Bobs are the Euros.

I’ll one up ya. Toilet paper. The only time I care about it is when I have to wipe my ass.

CDAGRIZ said:

YES!!!!! This is the perfect description!!

alabamagrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I’ll one up ya. Toilet paper. The only time I care about it is when I have to wipe my ass.

YESSSSSSS!!! THIIIIIIISSSSS is the perfect description!!

Cowboys84 said:
Rural Juror said:
Like a lot of Montanans, I’ve attended both universities, so I’ve had pleeeennty of contact with cat fans. And I gotta say the sh!# bobcat fans spew is not normal. It’s weird. It’s weird to be playing South Dakota State or Austin Peay and chant about the Griz. I keep telling my bobcat friends they, as a fanbase, have to grow up because it’s embarrassing. I’m embarrassed for them. I don’t think any other fanbase in the country is so obsessed with their rival. Get over it little brother.

The first option is just weird as shit. Not bad, just…fucking bizarre.

The second option is funny as shit, and ultimately the purpose for message boards.

What I find most irritating isn’t listed as one of your options. And that’s kittie fans who are too fucking embarrassed to admit it so post incessantly on their rival’s board as a fan of another program. Now that’s a whole nuther level of loserdom.

CDAGRIZ said:

A suggestion, cat nation is Imperial Russian/Soviet Union/Russian Federation. In a constant state of an inferiority complex. They are unable to define themselves without a comparison to those just to the west.

EverettGriz said:
Cowboys84 said:

The first option is just weird as shit. Not bad, just…f###[#] bizarre.

The second option is funny as shit, and ultimately the purpose for message boards.

What I find most irritating isn’t listed as one of your options. And that’s kittie fans who are too f###[#] embarrassed to admit it so post incessantly on their rival’s board as a fan of another program. Now that’s a whole nuther level of loserdom.

So coming off as a troll is funny as shit?... do you really think think that's the purpose of a message board about your favorite sports team?

Cowboys84 said:
EverettGriz said:

What I find most irritating isn’t listed as one of your options. And that’s kittie fans who are too f###[#] embarrassed to admit it so post incessantly on their rival’s board as a fan of another program. Now that’s a whole nuther level of loserdom.

So coming off as a troll is funny as shit?... do you really think think that's the purpose of a message board about your favorite sports team?
I for one don’t think think that’s it’s a good idea.

Cowboys84 said:
EverettGriz said:

I’ve thought thought it more than once.

Cowboys84 said:
EverettGriz said:

Soooo many questions: can one come off as a troll on one’s own fan board? Is it trolly to post 292 times per day on your rival’s board while pretending to be a fan of another team? Does it suck as bad as it seems being a cat fan?

And the answer to your question is, “fuck yes!!”

Cowboys84 said:
Rural Juror said:

One is a fan base, the other is less than 12 people (plus you excluded the Bobcat trolling).

It’s really not even close.

CDAGRIZ said:
Cowboys84 said:

I’ve thought thought it more than once.

Sounds like someone’s foam hat might be a bit too tight in the summer heat.

GunnyGriz said:
I wonder if the games with the bobcats should be a continued tradition for the Griz. During the streak, I said many times that I thought the Griz domination was not a good thing. In retrospect, I was wrong but hindsight tells me that the streak should have been used at the time to move UM to a different league away from the inferior “rival.

This weekend, I went to Billings for my niece’s (actually, my niece’s daughter) wedding. She married a former bobcat defensive star. What I encountered was an escape from reality and an absolute mass insanity rally. It was not a wedding; it was more like a jr high pep rally. In attendance were a number of former bobcat players and a full contingency from bobcat nation. It was a Catholic wedding with all of the pomp and circumstance expected. The unexpected was the focus on bobcat football. It started with the priest proclaiming that the groom would be in the NFL if not for Covid. It was something I heard again throughout the night. Their reasoning was that the groom had been the best defensive player for the bobcats and therefore would have dominated the NFL if not for Covid. He was a very good college player and has good reason to be proud but being the best bobcat does not suggest NFL domination.

This was a wedding but the night was saturated with chants of “Fu@& the Griz” and “Eat S5!% Griz”. They broke out in anti-Griz chants while singing songs and simulated football moves on the dance floor in “eat S^*$ Griz” unison. Even the bride (yes, my relative) incorporated “Fu@& the Griz” into her reception speech. It was absolutely deranged as the Griz consumed their minds. The level of inadequacy and inferiority that dominates bobcat nation minds is absolutely insane and demented. You could walk by any group of guests to hear a wild discussion on the Griz. My wife introduced ourselves to the groom who instead of thanking us for coming, went into his regret for us living in Griz country and being Griz fans (we did not mention Griz or bobcats all night).

We finally left early as the crowd went into yet another chant of “eat SH!7 Griz”. It was the most insane thing I have ever seen. Their sense of inferiority and hatred is not healthy and potentially dangerous. What a wedding to remember! The absolute mind control the Griz have over bobcat nation is beyond reason. I had never before realized how absolutely consumed bobcat nation is with the Griz as I am accustomed to the Griz fanbase focusing more on our own team and the rivalry with EWU and Weber as well as the bobcats.

They are less fans of their own team than they are consumed by hatred for the Griz and this gets me back to my earlier comment that I don’t think the Griz/bobcat rivalry should be continued. It simply is not healthy for bobcat nation and does not benefit our State. The bobcat fanbase is out of control with their derangement and hatred. They will never make it to the next level with their current state of mind. It is in the best interest of our state and the mental health of bobcat nation to let the Griz move on while the bobcats heal their minds and reach a level of maintained, healthy competition. They have done well lately and with the Griz moving on and no longer consuming their minds, perhaps they can heal.

None of this surprises me. You and your wife should of been treated with respect. The chants and other things, are what happens. But there's no reason to be rude to our griz friends and family. Pretty damn rude.

Back