• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky Conference Mens Transfer Tracker 2021-2022

oldrunner said:
GrizBall said:
Huge loss. I think the rule is that you had to notify the school by May 1 and the school has 2 business day to enter into the portal, so he still may have made the deadline.

I also thought the deadline applied to everyone (Grads included). My understanding was part of the reason for the deadline was to help coaches manage rosters. A few grad transfers in August could gut a roster (although I am not completely sure on this).
He is a good person and a good player. I wish him all the best. He has had some pro offers in Spain, has 2 years of eligibility left, and wanted to explore his options. We are bringing in some guards who are projected to cut his playing time significantly. I hope he lands in the best place for his development. :clap:

I trust you are referring to more than Verplacken and Dinwiddie.

GrizBall said:
oldrunner said:
He is a good person and a good player. I wish him all the best. He has had some pro offers in Spain, has 2 years of eligibility left, and wanted to explore his options. We are bringing in some guards who are projected to cut his playing time significantly. I hope he lands in the best place for his development. :clap:

He played mostly on the wing for us, so yes, those two plus Dockery, Louden, Jordan, Porter, Jones, and Koehler. We are stocked with wing players. It's true that he can play the point, but seemed a better fit on the wings. We are still looking for a transfer PG or we might be counting on our freshman recruit, JJ Louden, to be a major contributor.

We also still need two or three big men and a new assistant/associate coach.

oldrunner said:
GrizBall said:
He played mostly on the wing for us, so yes, those two plus Dockery, Louden, Jordan, Porter, Jones, and Koehler. We are stocked with wing players. It's true that he can play the point, but seemed a better fit on the wings. We are still looking for a transfer PG or we might be counting on our freshman recruit, JJ Louden, to be a major contributor.

This makes sense. I just feel like he is such a good player that from what I have seen so far, it seems like his playing wouldn't be cut at all. But even if it was, it may be a positive because he averaged over 34mpg. That's too much for just about anyone.

Can you shed some light on when Rahe actually told his players he was retiring? With the May 1st portal deadline, short of some health or other family issue, the timing would seem less than ideal for players that would have wanted to move on if they knew he wasn't going to be there (although I am not sure if they get extra time when there is a late coaching change). - Thx.

GrizBall said:
oldrunner said:

This makes sense. I just feel like he is such a good player that from what I have seen so far, it seems like his playing wouldn't be cut at all. But even if it was, it may be a positive because he averaged over 34mpg. That's too much for just about anyone.

Can you shed some light on when Rahe actually told his players he was retiring? With the May 1st portal deadline, short of some health or other family issue, the timing would seem less than ideal for players that would have wanted to move on if they knew he wasn't going to be there (although I am not sure if they get extra time when there is a late coaching change). - Thx.
I have no idea when he might have talked to the team, but I'm assuming that it was well before the public announcement. Sounds like it has been in the works now for at least a few weeks.

Yes, I'm sure that Segu would have been in the main rotation, if not a starter. I know that the coaches think highly of him. It may well have been more related to his insecurity about the situation than anything else. Regardless, I hope he lands well somewhere else or comes back to help us out. He is well liked by everyone associated with the team. It's a competition for playing time every year. This coming year even more so.

oldrunner said:
GrizBall said:

I have no idea when he might have talked to the team, but I'm assuming that it was well before the public announcement. Sounds like it has been in the works now for at least a few weeks.

Yes, I'm sure that Segu would have been in the main rotation, if not a starter. I know that the coaches think highly of him. It may well have been more related to his insecurity about the situation than anything else. Regardless, I hope he lands well somewhere else or comes back to help us out. He is well liked by everyone associated with the team. It's a competition for playing time every year. This coming year even more so.

Not that he would've taken all of Jawaras minutes but Dockery looks like a great get for you guys. His skill set, mindset, frame and athletic traits are very exciting.

MtTarheel said:
oldrunner said:

Not that he would've taken all of Jawaras minutes but Dockery looks like a great get for you guys. His skill set, mindset, frame and athletic traits are very exciting.
I would not be a bit surprised to see at least two true freshmen in the main rotation, if not starting. Dockery is certainly one of those. With three grants left to fill, a new head coach, and the likelihood of seeing a few new wrinkles in how we play, I would think it will be a fresh opportunity for everyone to prove their worth.

Everyone we were counting on returning are still returning. Everyone who has signed or committed is still committed. We are not losing any players in the coaching change. That is saying a lot about how they feel about coach Duft taking over the reigns. I can't say what my feelings are about how we will fare next season because so much is riding on who fills those 3 grants. However, the culture and motivation will remain the same.

https://twitter.com/jonrothstein/status/1528894340994670593?s=21&t=HELQDgfSqro_RfPbUHWhig

Would love to see a breakdown of how many were walk-ons, or had very limited playing time.

https://www.hornetsports.com/sports/mbkb/2021-22/releases/20220524s037r3

I saw this kid when he was in high school and actually had Katz looking at him but he didn't have a scholly and Austin didn't want to walk on....funny how things go round now a days....

sacstateman said:
https://www.hornetsports.com/sports/mbkb/2021-22/releases/20220524s037r3

I saw this kid when he was in high school and actually had Katz looking at him but he didn't have a scholly and Austin didn't want to walk on....funny how things go round now a days....

https://twitter.com/sachornetsmbb/status/1529942804566134784?s=21&t=RBux1i3uaccnEgEra6223w

BSC needs to be on notice…

https://twitter.com/goodmanhoops/status/1531696648279171073?s=21&t=c2OtM7G59iH8uTL19HpQFQ

Big news for the Big Sky and UNC.

GrizBall said:
https://twitter.com/goodmanhoops/status/1531696648279171073?s=21&t=c2OtM7G59iH8uTL19HpQFQ

From what I heard a couple of months ago, this has been expected all along. With Hume leaving to play pro, this leaves the door wide open for Kountz to be the man on this team. I expect that UNCo will be just as good next season as last.

oldrunner said:
GrizBall said:

From what I heard a couple of months ago, this has been expected all along. With Hume leaving to play pro, this leaves the door wide open for Kountz to be the man on this team. I expect that UNCo will be just as good next season as last.

I felt Kountz was the man last year. I also think Hume may have been the 4th best player on that team behind Kountz, Johnson and Jongkuch. Without Hume and Jongkuch they will still be good, but not as good as last year IMO.

GrizBall said:
oldrunner said:

I felt Kountz was the man last year. I also think Hume may have been the 4th best player on that team behind Kountz, Johnson and Jongkuch. Without Hume and Jongkuch they will still be good, but not as good as last year IMO.
Hume's production did drop off a bit last year. I'm not sure if it was due to the new additions to the team or the injuries he suffered the year before. He was always a hard to guard player for us. We were always trying to guard him with a player 4 to 6 inches shorter than him. Kountz is a very good player, but I wasn't impressed with Jongkuch. We had little problem guarding Jongkuch. Coach Smiley will have them playing well, I'm sure of that much. I'm not sure that UNCo can hang on to Smiley for much longer. He is an up and coming, young coach. You have to be impressed with anybody who can win at that place.

It's going to be interesting to see how Sac's new coach brings that program along. His recruiting has been impressive so far. If he can win with that lack of community and institutional support, Bigger programs will come after him in a hurry. It's shaping up to be another interesting year for BSC basketball. Seems like everybody has jumped into the transfer market. It's not over yet. :clap: :clap:

Jongkuch transferred to Temple so someone sees something in him that you musta missed.....He was inconsistent IMO, but when he was good, he was good.....

sacstateman said:
Jongkuch transferred to Temple so someone sees something in him that you musta missed.....He was inconsistent IMO, but when he was good, he was good.....
I'm not saying he wasn't good just that he didn't pose a matchup problem for us. Hume was a much bigger problem for our D. Kountz is a similar matchup problem and having both of those guys on the floor at the same time made it even harder for us. I don't think that we ever tried to double on Jongkuch like we did for Bello.

I'm sure that Sac's center is going to draw a lot of attention this coming year. That should help your outside shooters.

I think we all want to have enough talent at all positions that doubling on anyone would be a dangerous endeavor.

BTW, UI just signed a 6'9'' PF that seems like an impact player. Is it enough to get them out of the cellar? Nobody can really say, but it looks good on paper and they can be the same or better. It would be hard for the Vandals to get much worse. :lol:

We just signed Fresno transfer Junior Ballard, a 6'3'' combo guard. He is a grad transfer with one year to play. We are still working on our last spot, probably a forward.

This is an astounding amount of roster shuffling. Guess we’d better get used to it…

Grizfan-24 said:

TRANSFER TRACKER:

EASTERN WASHINGTON: (8/4)

Outgoing:
2S PG Isaiah Amato (6'5'' 175) (FR/4E) - (3-23-22)
2S PF Victor Radocaj (6'9'' 220) (FR/TR/4E)- (3-23-22)- Simon Fraser
2S C Makai Richards (6'10'' 225) (FR/TR/3E)- (3-23-22)
2S PG Mason Landdeck (6'2'' 160) (FR/TR/3E)- (3-25-22)- Hawaii Pacific
2S SG Austin Fadal (6'4'' 175) (JR/TR/2E)- (3-28-22)
2S SF Yousef Elkugia (6'6'') FR/TR/3E)- (4-1-22)
2S C Michael Folarin (6'11'' 210) (FR TR/3E)- (4-26-22)
2S PG Casson Rouse (6'2'' 180) (SO SO/3E)- (5-4-22)
Incoming:
3.5 S PG Ty Harper (FR TR/3E) - (4-6-22) Louisiana-Lafayette
2S PF David Bohm (FR TR/3E) - (4-10-22) Northern Kentucky
2S SG Tyreese Davis (RS SO TR/2E) - (5-2-22) Jacksonville University
2S PF Dane Erikstrup (FR TR/3E)- Cal Poly Pomona
IDAHO: (6/1)
Outgoing:
2S-PF/C Tanner Christensen (6'10'' 260) (So GR 3E)- Dixie State
2S-PG Kendall McHugh (SO PG 2E) - (3-14-22)
2S-PF/C Phillip Pepple Jr (6'10'' 230) -(3-21-22) Formerly of Casper College (WY)- Clayton State
2S-PG Trevante Anderson (6'1'' 180) - (3-22-22) Formerly of San Francisco- UIC
2S-SG Gabe Quinnett (6'4'' 200)(So TR 2E) -(3-23-22)
2S-SG Ethan Kilgore (6'5'' 210) (FR TR/3E)- (3-23-22)-Missouri Western
Incoming:
2S PG Divant'e Moffit (JR TR/2E)- Seattle Pacific
IDAHO STATE: (7/4)
Outgoing:
2S-PF/C Gedeon Buzangu (6'8'' 230) (Jr Tr 1E)
2S-SF Kyle Karstetter (6'7'') (FR TR 3E)- Northern Idaho College (JC)
2S-SG Pablo Tamba (6'6") (FR TR/3E)
2S-PG Robert Ford III (6'0'' 195) (Jr Tr 1E) - Montana State University
2S-PF James Carlson (6'9'' 215) (JR TR/2E) - Corban University
2S-SG Emmit Taylor III (6'5'' 195) (JR TR/1E) - Eastern Oregon

2S-C Zachary Vistentin (6'9'' 260) (FR TR/3E)-
Incoming:
3.5S C Kolby Lee (JR TR 2E)- Dixie State University (1-22-22)
[2S PG Miguel Tomley (FR TR 3E)- Santa Clara University (3-28-22)
2S PG Brock Makenzie (JR TR 2E) - Point Loma Nazarene University (4-6-22)
2S SF Jay Nagle (JR GT/2E)- UC Santa Barbara
MONTANA: (7/3)
Outgoing:
2S-SG Freddy Brown III (S SO GT-2E) - (3-14-22)
2S-SF Kyle Owens (S JR TR- 2E)- (3-14-22) - UC Riverside
2S-SG Jack Wetzel (WO FR TR - 3E)- (3-15-22)
2S-PG Cameron Parker (S SR GT-1E)- (3-16-22)- Portland State (4-21-22)
2S-SG Robby Beasley III (S So TR-3E)- (3-30-22)- UC Davis
2S-PG Johnny Braggs (S FR TR/ 4E)- (4-27-22)-
2S-PF Derrick Carter-Hollinger (S JR TR/2E)- (5-15-22) Bethune Cookman University
Incoming:
2S-PF Dischon Thomas (So TR/2E)- (4-12-22) Colorado State
2S-PF Laolu Oke (So TR/2E)- (4-17-22) Metro State-Denver (DII)
2S-SG Aanen Moody (JR GT/2E)- Southern Utah
MONTANA STATE: (5/2)
Outgoing:
2S-PF Borja Fernandez (6'7'' 230) (SO/TR/3E)-(3-25-22)-Kentucky Wesleyan (4-25-22)
2S- C Jasper Reinalda (7'3'' 230) (FR TR/3E)- (4-8-22)- S.D. School of Mines
2S-PG Isaac Spears (6'4'' 200) (FR TR/3E)- (4-10-22)
2S-PG Kellen Tynes (6'2'' (175) FR TR/3E- (4-12-22)
2S-SG Mareng Gatkouth (6'6''180) (SO TR/3E)- (4-17-22)
Incoming:
2S PG Darius Brown (6'2'') (JR TR/1 or 2E)- (3-29-22) -Cal State Northridge
2S PG Robert Ford III (JR TR/1 or 2E) - Idaho State (4-20-22)
2S SG Caleb Fuller (JR GT/2E)- UC Davis
NORTHERN ARIZONA: (8/3)
Outgoing:
2S SG Robert Hutchens (FR)- Alan Hancock College
2S SF Ajang Aguek (6'8'' 195) (So TR/ 2E)- (3/14/22)
2S PG Carter Mahaney (6'2'' 185) (FR TR/4E) - (3-23-22)-Chico State
2S PG Mason Stark (6'2'' 180) (JR TR/1E)- (3-23-22)
2S SG Isaiah Lewis (6'6'' 205) (SO TR/3E)- (3-29-22)- Western New Mexico (4-22-22)
2S SG Colin Carey (6'5'' 190) (FR TR/3E)- 3-29-22)
2S PF Spencer Roberts (6'9'') (JR TR/1E)- (4-8-22)
2S PF Wynton Brown (6'9" 218) (FR/TR/3E)- (4-2-22)
Incoming:
2S SG Xavier Fuller (6'4) (JR TR/1 or 2E)- 3-29-22) South Dakota
2S SG Liam Lloyd (FR TR/4E) - (3-31-22) Grand Canyon
NORTHERN COLORADO: (3/1)
Outgoing:
2S PF Kur Jokuch (6'9'' 220) (JR TR/2E)- (3-28-22)-Temple
2S PG Tre'Shon Smoots (6'1'' 190) (SO TR/3E) - (3-28-22) *Former Montana Offer*
2S PG Trent Hudgens Jr. (6-2-170) (FR TR/3E)
Incoming:
2S PF Rile Abercrombie (SO TR/2E)- Rice
PORTLAND STATE: (4/6)
Outgoing:
2S SG Kiimani Holt (6'4'' 220) (FR/TR/3E)- (3-18-22) *Former Montana Offer**
2S PG Alexis Angeles (6'2'' 185) (JR/TR/2E)-(3-18-22)-Bushnell University
2S PG Paris Dawson (6'2 165) (FR/TR/4E) - (3-18-22)- Seattle
2S PG Marlon Ruffin (6'5'' 195) (JR/TR/2E) -(3-24-22)
Incoming:
3S PF Kendall Munson (FR/TR/3E)- Pepperdine (3-31-22)
2S SG Bobby Harvey (JR/TR/1E or 2E)- IUPUI (4-6-22)
2S PG Cameron Parker (SR GT/1E)- University of Montana (4-21-22)
2S SG Jorell Saterfield (SO TR/2E) - UTEP
2S SG Keshaun Sanders (SO TR/TE)- Toledo
2S SG Hunter Woods (SO TR 2E)- Elon
SACRAMENTO STATE: (6/5)
Outgoing:
2S PF Samaad Hector (JR TR/2E) - Central Washington University
2S SG Akili Evans (FR TR/3E)- (3-16-22)
2S C Hugo Clarkin (FR TR/3E)- (4-12-22)
2S PF Theo Seng (FR TR/3E)-(4-14-22)
2S PG Marcus Greene (FR TR/3E)- (4-25-22)
2S C Jonathan Komagum (JR TR/2E)- Southeastern Lousiana
Incoming:
2S PF Hunter Marks (JR GT/2E) - Hartford (4-8-22)
2S C Callum McRae (JR GT/2E)- UC Riverside (4-12-22)
2S PF Akol Mawein (SO TR/3E)- Oklahoma (4-18-22)
2S PG Gianni Hunt (SO TR/3E) - Oregon State (4-18-22)
2S PG Isaiah Lee (SO TR/3E)- UC Irvine (4-29-22)
WEBER STATE: (3/1)
Outgoing:
2S PF Jake Furgerson (RS SO TR/2E)- (4-4-22)
2S PF David Nzekwesi (JR TR/2E)- (4-4-22)
2S PG Seikou Sisoho Jawara (6'3'' 195) (SO GT/3E)-
Incoming:
3S SG Keith Dinwiddie Jr. (FR/3E)- San Diego State

Back