• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky Coaches Hot Seats

Thoughts on Logie now?
God you are such a tool. I never said anything bad about Logie. I said there were some cat fans that were frustrated with him throughout the course of conference play, and that's a fact. The only thing I said was that I thought it was kind of an odd hire at the time last year cause if you look at Costello's track record of hires, he's always gone for D1 assistants. He had never made a hire from a lower level. Perhaps you should work on your track record of always having to call people out. You hardly ever post anything of value.

God you are such a tool. I never said anything bad about Logie. I said there were some cat fans that were frustrated with him throughout the course of conference play, and that's a fact. The only thing I said was that I thought it was kind of an odd hire at the time last year cause if you look at Costello's track record of hires, he's always gone for D1 assistants. He had never made a hire from a lower level. Perhaps you should work on your track record of always having to call people out. You hardly ever post anything of value.
Triggered. I asked a simple question.

#5 on your hot seat list?
ya because in case you didn't notice, the cats were abysmal in February and finished the regular season 14-17. And like I've already mentioned, prior to the tournament, there were many cat fans that were voicing their frustrations with this team that it seemed reasonable based on their criticism of him to put him 5th on the list. I put this out before the start of the conference tournament. If you'd like me to revise it now that we've seen how the tournament has unfolded, I'd be happy to do it.

You are correct some Cat fans were skeptical. I being one. After a few games though I could see the job he was doing with what he inherited. Also, you couple this with his past coaching record and it is impressive. Now 12 NCAA appearances in 13 years. To have that success he has done a good job at recruiting. I understand he is well connected for recruiting. Anxious to see it unfold this off season. I think the Cats got a good one.

My view is that the Cats got lucky when the Griz went very cold, made some mistakes, and fell apart halfway through the second half. It had nothing to do with good or bad coaching. The Cats also played well and got a lot of loose balls. The refs' BS call on the flagrant on Moody was a horrible call and hurt the Griz at an important time. Things like giving up 19-3 runs is often not bad coaching.

Please explain how the Cats getting to the loose balls was bad or good coaching.

My view is that the Cats got lucky when the Griz went very cold, made some mistakes, and fell apart halfway through the second half. It had nothing to do with good or bad coaching. The Cats also played well and got a lot of loose balls. The refs' BS call on the flagrant on Moody was a horrible call and hurt the Griz at an important time. Things like giving up 19-3 runs is often not bad coaching.

Please explain how the Cats getting to the loose balls was bad or good coaching.
Hoops, the Cats moved the ball, used screens and pick and roll vs. the Griz not really doing those things on offense. That is coaching. Plus, he had the players motivated to go after those loose balls. They were out hustling the Griz all over the court in the second half especially. That wasn’t just luck. The coach had them playing at a higher level. Going in the Griz were a better team. I never expected the Cats to win this game. Just my take on the game.

Hoops, the Cats moved the ball, used screens and pick and roll vs. the Griz not really doing those things on offense. That is coaching. Plus, he had the players motivated to go after those loose balls. They were out hustling the Griz all over the court in the second half especially. That wasn’t just luck. The coach had them playing at a higher level. Going in the Griz were a better team. I never expected the Cats to win this game. Just my take on the game.
No, it's not coaching. I always laugh when I see people who never played the game, never coached the game, and are just casual fans, declaring that someone was out coached. If 24, Rico, GrizRule, etc. say something about coaching, I usually will pay some attention. Again, the Cats played well and had played fairly well down the stretch.

I look forward to seeing how badly the Cats get their butts kicked when they are a very lock seed in the tourney. And maybe I will point out how badly the Cats were outr-coached. Ha.

ya because in case you didn't notice, the cats were abysmal in February and finished the regular season 14-17. And like I've already mentioned, prior to the tournament, there were many cat fans that were voicing their frustrations with this team that it seemed reasonable based on their criticism of him to put him 5th on the list. I put this out before the start of the conference tournament. If you'd like me to revise it now that we've seen how the tournament has unfolded, I'd be happy to do it.
That was the question. I asked where he fell now.

No, it's not coaching. I always laugh when I see people who never played the game, never coached the game, and are just casual fans, declaring that someone was out coached. If 24, Rico, GrizRule, etc. say something about coaching, I usually will pay some attention. Again, the Cats played well and had played fairly well down the stretch.

I look forward to seeing how badly the Cats get their butts kicked when they are a very lock seed in the tourney. And maybe I will point out how badly the Cats were outr-coached. Ha.
I did play the game at a high level. I do know what I am talking about. Last night’s win by the Cats was not just good luck or bad by the Griz. The Cats out played them. And, yes the Cats will get seeded very high and get their ass kicked at the dance. Not unusual for teams from the Big Sky. Yes, there has been some exceptions. Like I said, with the players and coach the Cats lost last season, I never imagined them going this far. Today ex cat players Osobar had 29 pts and Brown had 17 leading Utah St in their win. Throw in a future NBA player in Battle at West Virginia.

Is this what happened? DeCuire out-coached the Cat coach until the Griz were up by 11 with 16 minutes to go in game. Then, Cats went on runs that got the Cats to even with about 11 to go. Then, Decuire got further out-coached as the Cats got a 16 point lead with 4 to go, when the Cat coach started out-coaching DeCuire. the Cat run was 18-2, I believe. 2 minutes later the Cat lead was 20. Really bad coaching by DeCuire during that time, and great coaching by the Cat coach. Then, DeCuire got better at his coaching and Griz made up 5 points in 7 seconds, ending with a 15 point loss.

I wonder how DeCuire forgot how to coach early in the second half, and the Cat coach finally learned how to coach at that time? I wonder if DeCuire told the team to miss almost all of their shots and turn the ball over a lot? I wonder if DeCuire told his team to have 15 TO's in the game, and the Cat coach said to have only 3 TO's?

Is this what happened? DeCuire out-coached the Cat coach until the Griz were up by 11 with 16 minutes to go in game. Then, Cats went on runs that got the Cats to even with about 11 to go. Then, Decuire got further out-coached as the Cats got a 16 point lead with 4 to go, when the Cat coach started out-coaching DeCuire. the Cat run was 18-2, I believe. 2 minutes later the Cat lead was 20. Really bad coaching by DeCuire during that time, and great coaching by the Cat coach. Then, DeCuire got better at his coaching and Griz made up 5 points in 7 seconds, ending with a 15 point loss.

I wonder how DeCuire forgot how to coach early in the second half, and the Cat coach finally learned how to coach at that time? I wonder if DeCuire told the team to miss almost all of their shots and turn the ball over a lot? I wonder if DeCuire told his team to have 15 TO's in the game, and the Cat coach said to have only 3 TO's?
Hoops, say what you want. From my experience playing for and being associated with some of the best college coaches in the game, TDC got out coached last night. I like Travis, but last night his more experienced and better team did not win a game they should have. In my previous post, I pointed out specific things the Griz were not doing. Those things made a difference.

Hoops, say what you want. From my experience playing for and being associated with some of the best college coaches in the game, TDC got out coached last night. I like Travis, but last night his more experienced and better team did not win a game they should have. In my previous post, I pointed out specific things the Griz were not doing. Those things made a difference.
Go for it. I don't agree. Having about 15 current and former high school and college basketball coaches in my wife's and my family, I don't agree with you. I will continue to chuckle almost every time I see someone on egriz say another coach got out-coached, in basketball or football.

Also, I glanced at your reasons and didn't agree with them or support your premise.

Go for it. I don't agree. Having about 15 current and former high school and college basketball coaches in my wife's and my family, I don't agree with you. I will continue to chuckle almost every time I see someone on egriz say another coach got out-coached, in basketball or football.

Also, I glanced at your reasons and didn't agree with them or support your premise.
Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. However, I did play the game at a high level for a coaching legend. I was also associated with some other legendary coaches. One of which is in the basketball Hall of Fame who was associated with your alma mater. I do know the game. Yes, I stand by my opinion.

Back