• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Are we EVER Going There ?

No, he was carried by the other talent on the team. When he was forced to play REAL plsyoff NC contenders, he showed his limitations.

Remind me, who recruited and developed the "other talent on the team?"

And at this point, are you saying that team was SO talented that they got all the way to a national title even with coaches that you say are terrible, in a scheme that you say is awful?

That is genuinely impressive recruiting then, right, if they can overcome all of that? How does that level of talent that you referenced jive with you previously saying this coaching staff cannot recruit good talent?

Last edited:
Dude, you might be into participation trophies, with the other geniuses supporting Hauck, but some of us expect more. 0-4 in NC games doesn't cut the mustard.
What in God's holy name are you blathering about? I was asking about how you would have jerry rigged our D to become a 4-3-4. You would have had to sit one of Fouch, Cotton, or Meyer. And played Ramos, Detrick or Kaschmitter.

I gave you a way out by saying maybe you felt we hadn't recruited the DT's for a 4-3 and you took it. Then suddenly you are back with "I'm only into participation trophies"???????

Do you have windows open in the basement? Radon is a silent killer.

But our defense is a gimmick joke that no powerhouse team would ever play?
I would be happy with any "gimmick" thing if it took us to Frisco. Seems odd that a D used by dozens of teams and coaches would be a "gimmick". 3d is so inconsistent in almost every football thing/idea he posts.

What in God's holy name are you blathering about? I was asking about how you would have jerry rigged our D to become a 4-3-4. You would have had to sit one of Fouch, Cotton, or Meyer. And played Ramos, Detrick or Kaschmitter.

I gave you a way out by saying maybe you felt we hadn't recruited the DT's for a 4-3 and you took it. Then suddenly you are back with "I'm only into participation trophies"???????

Why do you take a stupid pill before posting? Inquiring minds wanna know.

I probably own the apartment you occupy.

Vidlak couldn't start for Souers up at Northern. McDowell could, because that is his level.
I love how deep you're digging to maintain your narrative lol

Incredible that our defense (that you think sucks and you hate) was so good it carried a D2 QB all the way to the NC game (even though it couldn't carry a "sub-D2" QB to any success....).

It must have been better than SDSU's defense.

Why in the world would we change from that?

I love how deep you're digging to maintain your narrative lol

Incredible that our defense (that you think sucks and you hate) was so good it carried a D2 QB all the way to the NC game (even though it couldn't carry a "sub-D2" QB to any success....).

It must have been better than SDSU's defense.

Why in the world would we change from that?
You're obviously a few neurons short of a synapse. Our defense was very good last season, as I have stated on numerous occasions. Is it good enough to win a national championship? No way, and it has never been done at level above high school.

So, our defense last season was "better than SDSU's defense"? What are you smoking? You might wanna take a break. Your credibility quotient just went down 10 points.

You're obviously a few neurons short of a synapse. Our defense was very good last season, as I have stated on numerous occasions. Is it good enough to win a national championship? No way, and it has never been done at level above high school.

So, our defense last season was "better than SDSU's defense"? What are you smoking? You might wanna take a break. Your credibility quotient just went down 10 points.
I'm just saying that if our defense (and the rest of our team) was good enough to drag a "D2 QB" (your words) to the NC game, then it was objectively a better team than SDSU, who had a P5 QB running the show.

So either McDowell was better than you're saying, or the team was objectively strong enough to compensate for him, which would make them better than SDSU.

I'm just saying that if our defense (and the rest of our team) was good enough to drag a "D2 QB" (your words) to the NC game, then it was objectively a better team than SDSU, who had a P5 QB running the show.

So either McDowell was better than you're saying, or the team was objectively strong enough to compensate for him, which would make them better than SDSU.
You can’t argue logically with him. He’s too dumb, can’t read, and has zero comprehension. It’s like arguing with a 5yro. To top it off, he doesn’t know a god damn thing about FB, never played the game, doesn’t go to the games, and just wants to see the world burn

Why do you take a stupid pill before posting? Inquiring minds wanna know.
Good one!

What did you think of Graves as a player? In a 4-3-4 he would have seen the field even less. In a two safety set up he is behind Fouch, Cotton, Lee, and Meyer. I thought he was criminally under used in his time at the U as it was. I think he could have been a Mellott type QB. Posters who follow Montana HS might have some better insight but was Mellot's passing that much better than Grave's was coming out of HS?

Good one!

What did you think of Graves as a player? In a 4-3-4 he would have seen the field even less. In a two safety set up he is behind Fouch, Cotton, Lee, and Meyer. I thought he was criminally under used in his time at the U as it was. I think he could have been a Mellott type QB. Posters who follow Montana HS might have some better insight but was Mellot's passing that much better than Grave's was coming out of HS?
Graves was a solid, but not great FCS player. How many All-Big Sky teams did he make? To me, he was a player looking for a position. Great athlete, kind of a Swiss Army Knife.

Ha Ha Ha. Hell, the Baltimore Ravens won a Super Bowl with freaking Trent Dilfer as their QB? here's a news flash for ya......... football is a team game, involving defense, offense, and special teams. McDowell did nothing in the Furman and NDSU game to win those games. He was pedestrian at best, and looked just like a D2 QB. Some of you are unable to admit how lucky we were to win both of those games. It took Bergen and an "immaculate reception" lucky play to win them. McDowell was a non-factor.

Back