• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

America's Game - Army Navy

SubGriz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Wonder if Trump will show his face to get booooooood again.

Also...always been fascinated by submarine life. That has to be the weirdest experience. Wonder if Soldier has any info on submarine fun facts.

I couldnt do it, too claustrophobic.
Claustrophobia isn't really the problem, it's cabin fever. Imagine inviting about 30 acquaintances over to your house, painting over the windows, and shutting off the phone, internet, and television. Now stay in the house for 60-90 days. One guy at a time can look out the peephole on the front door.

That's pretty much how it is.

How the hell do you survive without Reddit?

I never knew about it until the young guys at work started talking about it - but I check it out every day now

Eric_Shun said:
SubGriz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
SubGriz said:
Claustrophobia isn't really the problem, it's cabin fever. Imagine inviting about 30 acquaintances over to your house, painting over the windows, and shutting off the phone, internet, and television. Now stay in the house for 60-90 days. One guy at a time can look out the peephole on the front door.

That's pretty much how it is.

lol..that sounds miserable.
I guess im surprised but also not surprised they dont have internet down there somehow.
It sucks when you're out there, but then you pull in someplace and you're like, "that was pretty badass".

If you want another trivia bit, here you go: modern nuclear submarines are the most complex machines ever devised by man. They require all the same life-support systems as the space shuttle or ISS, as well as sensors to detect the enemy and weapons to kill him.

The inertial navigation system (my baby on the boat) works by monitoring the movement of the boat, and is so sensitive that the gravitational pull of the sun and moon produce a slight but measurable error in the position output known as the 24 Hour Earth Loop error.

Decades ago, there used to be a bartender at Evaro Bar named Bob. Bob served on submarines - I remember him saying that they were served the best food - steak, etc.

He was a great bartender
The food is certainly the best in the military, every Sunday at sea is steak and lobster night, and for breakfast the cooks will make eggs to order... Until one day you ask for two over easy and the cook says, "sorry, man, we're only doing omelettes and scrambled today. No time for custom eggs." That's when you know we've run out of real eggs and it's powdered eggs from here on out. šŸ¤£

As for Reddit... the Navy blocks that in port, too, for some reason. Must be good!

Oh, and I forgot to add, submarines have the best food in the military, which is a bit like an old Southern prison warden saying, "boy, the Alabama State Penitentiary has got the tastiest victuals you'll find behind bars."

SubGriz said:
Eric_Shun said:
SubGriz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
lol..that sounds miserable.
I guess im surprised but also not surprised they dont have internet down there somehow.
It sucks when you're out there, but then you pull in someplace and you're like, "that was pretty badass".

If you want another trivia bit, here you go: modern nuclear submarines are the most complex machines ever devised by man. They require all the same life-support systems as the space shuttle or ISS, as well as sensors to detect the enemy and weapons to kill him.

The inertial navigation system (my baby on the boat) works by monitoring the movement of the boat, and is so sensitive that the gravitational pull of the sun and moon produce a slight but measurable error in the position output known as the 24 Hour Earth Loop error.

Decades ago, there used to be a bartender at Evaro Bar named Bob. Bob served on submarines - I remember him saying that they were served the best food - steak, etc.

He was a great bartender
The food is certainly the best in the military, every Sunday at sea is steak and lobster night, and for breakfast the cooks will make eggs to order... Until one day you ask for two over easy and the cook says, "sorry, man, we're only doing omelettes and scrambled today. No time for custom eggs." That's when you know we've run out of real eggs and it's powdered eggs from here on out. šŸ¤£

As for Reddit... the Navy blocks that in port, too, for some reason. Must be good!

Interesting stuff on this thread. Thanks for your service man!

ilovethecats said:
SubGriz said:
Eric_Shun said:
SubGriz said:

He was a great bartender

Interesting stuff on this thread. Thanks for your service man!
thank you for paying taxes so I can do cool shit! Lol

Back