• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

America's Game - Army Navy

indian-outlaw said:
reinell30 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Wonder if Trump will show his face to get booooooood again.

Also...always been fascinated by submarine life. That has to be the weirdest experience. Wonder if Soldier has any info on submarine fun facts.

I couldnt do it, too claustrophobic.

America's Armed Forces personnel are professionals and we/they do not Boo our Commander in Chief!
Academy students are cadets. I don't think they are actual members of the united states armed forces but they certainly would not have liberty to boo the president. But in this case they should anyway.. :)

As the proud parent of a current Air Force Academy Cadet I can tell you that they ARE in fact active duty military. She would never show disrespect to the Commander in Chief in this way regardless of her opinions.

I always look forward to this thread & kick myself that I never had the guts to serve in the military. I remember in college my freshman year I had 2 ROTC guys living right across the hall from me at UM & regret not getting to know them better. So my question to all the military guys and gals out there. Who do I root for? My Dad and Step Dad were in the Army WWII & father in law in the Navy & I worked at Malmstrom AFB. I do enjoy watching the game every year though! GO ____________!

100%GRIZ said:
I always look forward to this thread & kick myself that I never had the guts to serve in the military. I remember in college my freshman year I had 2 ROTC guys living right across the hall from me at UM & regret not getting to know them better. So my question to all the military guys and gals out there. Who do I root for? My Dad and Step Dad were in the Army WWII & father in law in the Navy & I worked at Malmstrom AFB. I do enjoy watching the game every year though! GO ____________!

You Might be able to answer this yourself, think of it this way:

Who do I root for? My Dad and Step Dad went to UofM & father in law went to MSU & I worked at EWU.

Go Griz! Go Army! ;)

The main takeaway from this game...these guys will be leading Americas Army and Navy in close combat....very soon. Awesome humans. All of them.

I have seen two in person. Being there is special. No matter what year it is, it provides an opportunity to see several thousand cadets and midshipmen and appreciate the quality of the group as a whole. It also makes you proud and confident regarding our future leaders, military and otherwise. We dont have to look any farther than the president's office at UM for a prime example.

Go Navy!

I see the Army has 1st Cav patches in the locker room, shaking Trump's hand. That's my Combat patch.

SoldierGriz said:
The main takeaway from this game...these guys will be leading Americas Army and Navy in close combat....very soon. Awesome humans. All of them.
< ditto ... ditto ... ditto >

Navy is clearly has the better players/team -- Yah! * -- but the Army guys are still busting their a**es ... competing to the end.

* Two older brothers, retired as Chief Petty Officers after 25+ years. Gotta go with Navy.

Fahque said:
Sorry but trump shouldn’t have a hat on with his campaign slogan on it at this game
Agree but he probably sees it a free publicity - what he should have done was wear an Army hat in one half and a Navy hat in the other preferably the right hat to where he is sitting!

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
SoldierGriz said:
SaskGriz said:
Why do the games against the Air Force Academy not have the same cache?

Longevity, traditions of excellence, and timing are principal reasons. It will be the biggest game played next weekend. It stands alone for the Nation. Games against AF are full of cache by the academies...but not the general public.

Also, remember that the Air Farce was spun out of the Army Air Corp...point of order, by the way: the U.S. Army is also the world's largest Air Force AND Navy. You're welcome for that useless bit of trivia...
I demand we settle this dispute by combat at the International Date Line!

first11 said:
Fahque said:
Sorry but trump shouldn’t have a hat on with his campaign slogan on it at this game
Indeed!!
Don't entirely disagree ... but can't agree either.

Trump is a civilian ... and, of course, a politician (whether Trump likes that label or not). He is the "commander in chief" of our armed forces ... but only as the personification of the notion that a "free country" must vest ultimate control of the military in the civil government. History -- back to the earliest written history, BTW -- shows what happens when it goes the other way. Yes, that has had some disastrous results, and cost a lot of lives, sadly ... but overall, the reverse has been far worse.

IdaGriz01 said:
first11 said:
Fahque said:
Indeed!!
Don't entirely disagree ... but can't agree either.

Trump is a civilian ... and, of course, a politician (whether Trump likes that label or not). He is the "commander in chief" of our armed forces ... but only as the personification of the notion that a "free country" must vest ultimate control of the military in the civil government. History -- back to the earliest written history, BTW -- shows what happens when it goes the other way. Yes, that has had some disastrous results, and cost a lot of lives, sadly ... but overall, the reverse has been far worse.
Didn't your Comander in Chief turn 18 in 1964, shouldn't he just wear the unit badge from his Vietnam service? I know he used to bad mouth Sen. McCain for getting captured so he should wear his combat record proudly.

GrizRun said:
Great Post SoldierGriz! I graduated from Annapolis and can tell you that the rivalry between Army and Navy is unique and like no other. From the moment you step onto the yard, beating Army becomes engrained in your life. Every corner you square from day one as a plebe you yell "Go Navy, sir" and the next corner you yell "Beat Army, sir". This pattern repeats itself continually so you can imagine in one year the amount of times you yell "Beat Army"!
The Army/Navy game itself is an amazing spectacle of pageantry and spirit. The players want nothing more than to win that game every year and destroy their rival but they also have the utmost respect for their opponent and know that we will all be serving together for the same purpose in the future.
I was at the Army/Navy game in 2001 after the 9/11 attacks and can tell you it was the most emotional and patriotic event I've ever witnessed in person. I would definitely recommend attending a game if you ever have a chance.
As they say, it’s the only game where everyone on the field is willing to die for everyone watching.
GO NAVY!!! BEAT ARMY!!!

This! We ended a three year streak in a beatdown. Go Navy!!!

indian-outlaw said:
reinell30 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Wonder if Trump will show his face to get booooooood again.

Also...always been fascinated by submarine life. That has to be the weirdest experience. Wonder if Soldier has any info on submarine fun facts.

I couldnt do it, too claustrophobic.

America's Armed Forces personnel are professionals and we/they do not Boo our Commander in Chief!
Academy students are cadets. I don't think they are actual members of the united states armed forces but they certainly would not have liberty to boo the president. But in this case they should anyway.. :)

I read your posts and I respect your views, mostly. But, in this, you are wrong. I expected better from you - that is shameful.

**Edited** - my tribe doesn't matter. You are wrong.

Back