• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

America's Game - Army Navy

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Wonder if Trump will show his face to get booooooood again.

Also...always been fascinated by submarine life. That has to be the weirdest experience. Wonder if Soldier has any info on submarine fun facts.

I couldnt do it, too claustrophobic.
Claustrophobia isn't really the problem, it's cabin fever. Imagine inviting about 30 acquaintances over to your house, painting over the windows, and shutting off the phone, internet, and television. Now stay in the house for 60-90 days. One guy at a time can look out the peephole on the front door.

That's pretty much how it is.

Eric_Shun said:
indian-outlaw said:
reinell30 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Also...always been fascinated by submarine life. That has to be the weirdest experience. Wonder if Soldier has any info on submarine fun facts.

America's Armed Forces personnel are professionals and we/they do not Boo our Commander in Chief!
Academy students are cadets. I don't think they are actual members of the united states armed forces but they certainly would not have liberty to boo the president. But in this case they should anyway.. :)

I read your posts and I respect your views, mostly. But, in this, you are wrong. I expected better from you - that is shameful.

**Edited** - my tribe doesn't matter. You are wrong.
We all have our opinion. I am a veteran of the Marine Corp. I drove to billings every month for five years serving in the recon reserves when I was in college and was active duty after HS. So between active duty and reserves I have over 10 years served so I am not some disrespectful pacifist. As a civilian I would booo Trump as loud as possible every chance I had. I can't stand draft dodgers that later become war Hawks. I fully understand that cadets in the academy don't have the liberty to boo that POS but I would respect them if they did.

indian-outlaw said:
Eric_Shun said:
indian-outlaw said:
reinell30 said:
America's Armed Forces personnel are professionals and we/they do not Boo our Commander in Chief!
Academy students are cadets. I don't think they are actual members of the united states armed forces but they certainly would not have liberty to boo the president. But in this case they should anyway.. :)

I read your posts and I respect your views, mostly. But, in this, you are wrong. I expected better from you - that is shameful.

We all have our opinion. I am a veteran of the Marine Corp. I drove to billings every month for five years serving in the recon reserves when I was in college and was active duty after HS. So between active duty and reserves I have over 10 years served so I am not some disrespectful pacifist. As a civilian I would booo Trump as loud as possible every chance I had. I can't stand draft dodgers that later become war Hawks. I fully understand that cadets in the academy don't have the liberty to boo that POS but I would respect them if they did.
Having a medical condition isn't dodging the draft, and Trump is the most anti-war President we've had in my lifetime. You're welcome to not like him, but at least be honest about it, instead of recycling BS from the Bush administration that doesn't even apply.

SubGriz said:
indian-outlaw said:
Eric_Shun said:
indian-outlaw said:

Having a medical condition isn't dodging the draft, and Trump is the most anti-war President we've had in my lifetime. You're welcome to not like him, but at least be honest about it, instead of recycling BS from the Bush administration that doesn't even apply.
His medical condition was a bunch of BS. An anti war president would not be drone striking eight different countries nor would he be arming the Saudis in a genocide in Yemen. So spare me your honesty crap. Go blow yourself.

indian-outlaw said:
Eric_Shun said:
indian-outlaw said:
reinell30 said:

hmmm interesting...he seems to be getting us out of endless wars..so I'm not quite sure by war-hawk or his he building a powerful military where other countries wont mess..seems to make sense to me!
btw..my understanding the military loves this POS especially when he pardons them from PC jags!

indian-outlaw said:
His medical condition was a bunch of BS. An anti war president would not be drone striking eight different countries nor would he be arming the Saudis in a genocide in Yemen. So spare me your honesty crap. Go blow yourself.
Are we talking about The Donald, or Obama? Drone strikes were Obama's signature move, and Donald Trump's biggest critics regarding war are all pissed off that he's pulling out of our various Forever Wars and refusing to enter new ones.

In any case, I'll leave it at that. Arguing with a Maroon is like arguing with my dog; neither one can state an argument, so they settle for making aggressive noises.

IdaGriz01 said:
first11 said:
Fahque said:
Sorry but trump shouldn’t have a hat on with his campaign slogan on it at this game
Indeed!!
Don't entirely disagree ... but can't agree either.

Trump is a civilian ... and, of course, a politician (whether Trump likes that label or not). He is the "commander in chief" of our armed forces ... but only as the personification of the notion that a "free country" must vest ultimate control of the military in the civil government. History -- back to the earliest written history, BTW -- shows what happens when it goes the other way. Yes, that has had some disastrous results, and cost a lot of lives, sadly ... but overall, the reverse has been far worse.

Trump is a civilian, yes, but he is also president and the commander-in-chief. His attendance at this game should be about honoring our military, not about his personal quest to be reelected. No president, Democrat or Republican, who attends game should do so as a part of their campaign but as an opportunity to support our future military leaders

SubGriz said:
indian-outlaw said:
Eric_Shun said:
indian-outlaw said:

As Indian already stated, his medical condition is and was BS and he has so much as admitted so. Go look it up

SaskGriz said:
IdaGriz01 said:
first11 said:
Fahque said:
Sorry but trump shouldn’t have a hat on with his campaign slogan on it at this game
Indeed!!
Don't entirely disagree ... but can't agree either.

Trump is a civilian ... and, of course, a politician (whether Trump likes that label or not). He is the "commander in chief" of our armed forces ... but only as the personification of the notion that a "free country" must vest ultimate control of the military in the civil government. History -- back to the earliest written history, BTW -- shows what happens when it goes the other way. Yes, that has had some disastrous results, and cost a lot of lives, sadly ... but overall, the reverse has been far worse.
Didn't your Comander in Chief turn 18 in 1964, shouldn't he just wear the unit badge from his Vietnam service? I know he used to bad mouth Sen. McCain for getting captured so he should wear his combat record proudly.
bump

Fahque said:
SubGriz said:
indian-outlaw said:
Eric_Shun said:

As Indian already stated, his medical condition is and was BS and he has so much as admitted so. Go look it up
Sounds like something you should take up with the draft board. In any case, he's still the most anti-war President in decades, so it seems like a moot point. He didn't fight in Vietnam, and he didn't make anyone else fight in Syria. Pretty consistent.

SubGriz said:
indian-outlaw said:
Are we talking about The Donald, or Obama? Drone strikes were Obama's signature move, and Donald Trump's biggest critics regarding war are all pissed off that he's pulling out of our various Forever Wars and refusing to enter new ones.

In any case, I'll leave it at that. Arguing with a Maroon is like arguing with my dog; neither one can state an argument, so they settle for making aggressive noises.
Trump hasn't pulled troops out of anywhere but simply rearranged the chairs. He's added thousands in Qatar, as I saw a couple of weeks ago, and thousands more to Saudi Arabia. Personally, booing this guy is a waste of time. You can't shame anyone who is shameless. Best to ignore him and go about your business.

GrizLA said:
SubGriz said:
indian-outlaw said:

Trump hasn't pulled troops out of anywhere but simply rearranged the chairs. He's added thousands in Qatar, as I saw a couple of weeks ago, and thousands more to Saudi Arabia. Personally, booing this guy is a waste of time. You can't shame anyone who is shameless. Best to ignore him and go about your business.
Maybe I missed it, but I'm unaware of any shooting wars in Qatar or Saudi Arabia. Having troops in garrison overseas is a far cry from being a warhawk, but don't let reality get in the way of a good narrative.

SubGriz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Claustrophobia isn't really the problem, it's cabin fever. Imagine inviting about 30 acquaintances over to your house, painting over the windows, and shutting off the phone, internet, and television. Now stay in the house for 60-90 days. One guy at a time can look out the peephole on the front door.

lol..that sounds miserable.
I guess im surprised but also not surprised they dont have internet down there somehow.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
SubGriz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

I guess im surprised but also not surprised they dont have internet down there somehow.
It sucks when you're out there, but then you pull in someplace and you're like, "that was pretty badass".

If you want another trivia bit, here you go: modern nuclear submarines are the most complex machines ever devised by man. They require all the same life-support systems as the space shuttle or ISS, as well as sensors to detect the enemy and weapons to kill him.

The inertial navigation system (my baby on the boat) works by monitoring the movement of the boat, and is so sensitive that the gravitational pull of the sun and moon produce a slight but measurable error in the position output known as the 24 Hour Earth Loop error.

SubGriz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
SubGriz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

It sucks when you're out there, but then you pull in someplace and you're like, "that was pretty badass".

If you want another trivia bit, here you go: modern nuclear submarines are the most complex machines ever devised by man. They require all the same life-support systems as the space shuttle or ISS, as well as sensors to detect the enemy and weapons to kill him.

The inertial navigation system (my baby on the boat) works by monitoring the movement of the boat, and is so sensitive that the gravitational pull of the sun and moon produce a slight but measurable error in the position output known as the 24 Hour Earth Loop error.

Decades ago, there used to be a bartender at Evaro Bar named Bob. Bob served on submarines - I remember him saying that they were served the best food - steak, etc.

He was a great bartender

Back