• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

All Troy Anderson All the Time, 24/7

getgrizzy said:
PlayerRep said:
getgrizzy said:
PlayerRep said:
Don't know the situation, so have no view.

I merely asked how reciting a frosh rb would have fixed the Griz main problems last year.

Do you think the Cat would have scored on the last UM play of the game last year? I didn't see that as rb problem; it was an o-line problem combined with tremendous effort by multiple Cat defensive players.

No I don’t think anyone would’ve scored on that play, but he might not have fumbled and we’d have another chance to score. I also think we might not have been in that position in the game or maybe not have been 6-4 going into it.

Point being if you’re going to blame Stitt for not getting Andersen, you should be doing same with Hauck. Hauck either couldn’t get Ifanse despite trying or he didn’t try. I can understand getting beat out, but I wouldn’t understand not trying. The guy was the Washington Gatorade POY. he’s from a school we recruit a lot. It’s not like he was flying under the radar.

So, you are saying that ifanse was right under Hauck's nose, many former Griz players were pushing for ifanse, but Hauck didn't believe in ifanse and only offered him a PWO or partial?

Interesting. I didn't know that. Surprised that you knew all that.

I’m saying he either recruited him and Ifanse picked MSU over us or he didn’t recruit him at all. If not at all why not? Yes, he was figuratively right under Hauck’s nose in that Ifanse was a very prominent player from a well known high school that he has recruited regularly. Do you think Bobby didn’t know who Ifanse was? Do you think former players need to tell Hauck who to recruit? That might be true for players that have gone unnoticed from lesser known schools, but not players from Bellevue, who are Gatorade’s POY from the state of Washington.

You should ask one of your connections. Or are you afraid of the answer? Ha.

With a Nose the size of Bobby's... Isn't everyone under it?

getgrizzy said:
PlayerRep said:
getgrizzy said:
PlayerRep said:
Don't know the situation, so have no view.

I merely asked how reciting a frosh rb would have fixed the Griz main problems last year.

Do you think the Cat would have scored on the last UM play of the game last year? I didn't see that as rb problem; it was an o-line problem combined with tremendous effort by multiple Cat defensive players.

No I don’t think anyone would’ve scored on that play, but he might not have fumbled and we’d have another chance to score. I also think we might not have been in that position in the game or maybe not have been 6-4 going into it.

Point being if you’re going to blame Stitt for not getting Andersen, you should be doing same with Hauck. Hauck either couldn’t get Ifanse despite trying or he didn’t try. I can understand getting beat out, but I wouldn’t understand not trying. The guy was the Washington Gatorade POY. he’s from a school we recruit a lot. It’s not like he was flying under the radar.

So, you are saying that ifanse was right under Hauck's nose, many former Griz players were pushing for ifanse, but Hauck didn't believe in ifanse and only offered him a PWO or partial?

I’m saying he either recruited him and Ifanse picked MSU over us or he didn’t recruit him at all. If not at all why not? Yes, he was figuratively right under Hauck’s nose in that Ifanse was a very prominent player from a well known high school that he has recruited regularly. Do you think Bobby didn’t know who Ifanse was? Do you think former players need to tell Hauck who to recruit? That might be true for players that have gone unnoticed from lesser known schools, but not players from Bellevue, who are Gatorade’s POY from the state of Washington.

Under nose means a recruit in MT. Recruits in the multi-state recruiting area are not under nose. You are comparing apples to oranges.

As for Ifanse, he wanted to go to Air Force. That didn't work out. Many involved with Bellevue high came to not like Stitt, including some UM fans and former Griz. UM's pipeline from Bellevue high basically dried up under Stitt. Van Ackerman, formerly UM and Bellevue high, was at MSU. Not sure that that family liked Stitt. By the time Hauck arrived late in the year, the Cats were already all over Ifanse. Don't think UM recruited him at that time. My sources are mostly from Bellevue, where I have very good sources. Three of my nephews played there, including as recently as a few years ago.

PlayerRep said:
getgrizzy said:
PlayerRep said:
getgrizzy said:

Under nose means a recruit in MT. Recruits in the multi-state recruiting area are not under nose. You are comparing apples to oranges.

As for Ifanse, he wanted to go to Air Force. That didn't work out. Many involved with Bellevue high came to not like Stitt, including some UM fans and former Griz. UM's pipeline from Bellevue high basically dried up under Stitt. Van Ackerman, formerly UM and Bellevue high, was at MSU. Not sure that that family liked Stitt. By the time Hauck arrived late in the year, the Cats were already all over Ifanse. Don't think UM recruited him at that time. My sources are mostly from Bellevue, where I have very good sources. Three of my nephews played there, including as recently as a few years ago.

My source in Bellevue (grandson QB'd Bellevue High with Ifanse playing) says Hauck didn't even call. Same source pissed that grandson didn't get a call either......he's now pitching baseball for the Huskies. Probably not near the "source" as PR's "very good" ones.....but that's to be expected. Do have to think Hauck was at disadvantage trying to get up an running with his first recruiting class.

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
getgrizzy said:
PlayerRep said:

My source in Bellevue (grandson QB'd Bellevue High with Ifanse playing) says Hauck didn't even call. Same source pissed that grandson didn't get a call either......he's now pitching baseball for the Huskies. Probably not near the "source" as PR's "very good" ones.....but that's to be expected. Do have to think Hauck was at disadvantage trying to get up an running with his first recruiting class.

Your source wanted Hauck to call a kid who plays baseball?

The only Bellevue kid on the UW baseball roster is a sophomore and a pitcher. Think you are getting your facts mixed up. Your source thought Hauck should call his grandson 2 years ago when Hauck was at San Diego St. Think you are very confused. UM grandpa Enger was probably mad that Stitt didn't call his grandson, not Hauck. Think I actually heard about this a couple years ago. The grandpa was mad because he called Stitt to ask him to call the grandson, even if the grandson wasn't good enough to play at UM. Stitt wouldn't even do that. I don't blame Enger. This is another one of the things that soured many at Bellevue on Stitt. By the way, one of my recent Bellevue sources is the one who told me this story a couple years ago. Hey, I am good. My sources are so good that I can figure out who your source is, and tell you what the actual facts are.

Yes, I said that UM didn't recruit the kid. Why would they call him if they decided it wasn't worth it to recruit him? They knew that MSU was all over the guy and he would go there over MT.

ilovethecats said:
Guys read the thread title and let’s get this back on track....

Like said many times before, TA is a stud and wish he was playing for the Griz. With Hill returning and TA at linebacker, MSU backers are going to be good.

PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
getgrizzy said:

The only Bellevue kid on the UW baseball roster is a sophomore and a pitcher. Think you are getting your facts mixed up. Your source thought Hauck should call his grandson 2 years ago when Hauck was at San Diego St. Think you are very confused. UM grandpa Enger was probably mad that Stitt didn't call his grandson, not Hauck. Think I actually heard about this a couple years ago. The grandpa was mad because he called Stitt to ask him to call the grandson, even if the grandson wasn't good enough to play at UM. Stitt wouldn't even do that. I don't blame Enger. This is another one of the things that soured many at Bellevue on Stitt. By the way, one of my recent Bellevue sources is the one who told me this story a couple years ago. Hey, I am good. My sources are so good that I can figure out who your source is, and tell you what the actual facts are.

Yes, I said that UM didn't recruit the kid. Why would they call him if they decided it wasn't worth it to recruit him? They knew that MSU was all over the guy and he would go there over MT.

Hauck didn't recruit Ifanse and the grandson didn't get recruited either. My source knows when his grandson graduated and who the Griz coach (Stitt) was at the time. Did any of your good sources ever steer you toward a reading comprehension class?

If someone would have started this thread with a "It was all Stitt's fault", it would have deleted about 2 pages of riff raff and made it much easier to determine if TnA really did eat a seagull whole.

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Hauck didn't recruit Ifanse and the grandson didn't get recruited either. My source knows when his grandson graduated and who the Griz coach (Stitt) was at the time. Did any of your good sources ever steer you toward a reading comprehension class?

You are the one who needs the reading comprehension. I said from the get-go that Hauck didn't recruit Ifanse. I also explained why. You said your source's grandson didn't get recruited or a call. You didn't name the coach, nor the year this slight occurred nor the age of the grandson. Since only Hauck was being discussed, your post implied that it was Hauck who didn't call. I know your source knows, but my comment was that you didn't name the coach or provide enough info to inform the board. In fact, you mislead the board. Do you think I don't know your source, Dave?

grizindabox said:
If someone would have started this thread with a "It was all Stitt's fault", it would have deleted about 2 pages of riff raff and made it much easier to determine if TnA really did eat a seagull whole.
Then how would it reach 17 pages?

Seems like PR and I agree. Hauck didn't recruit Ifanse. And Stitt lost the Bellevue connection for whatever reason. My source told me he suggested Hauck recruit Ifanse. That was probably my only point. Maybe he knew that the Cats being all over him wasn't a done deal. Maybe he didn't have a clue.

Hauck did come in late and I'd suggested his first year recruiting probably suffered as a result. Can only imagine how many "sources" with close ties to kids be they parents, grandparents, high school coaches, aunts, uncles, etc......try to get coaches to recruit "their" kids.

My source was one of those guys trying to get Ifanse recruited. Hard to win recruiting battles with the Cats. Big reason being they have........TROY ANDERSEN!

Back