• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2024 Griz Recruiting (18) Verbals (15) Offers

HookedonGriz said:
uofmman1122 said:
I think you're selling McDowell a little short here. If that's all they brought him in for, then it was a terrible move. He certainly sounds like he didn't come here to be a situational wildcat QB/RB.

He will compete for the starting job for sure. It’s just that he won’t beat out Vidlak. It won’t be close actually. He could probably be next in line above Brown depending on how quick he picks up the play book. But our staff is weirdly loyal to Brown….for reasons I’ll never understand. That’s the hill our new QB will have to climb. I mean they rolled with Brown before Britt for a long time too. You know what I mean.

they brought Vidlak in and anointed him the starter immediately. How quickly could he have picked up the playbook? This guy is a solid #2 the day he walks into the locker room. If KB sees the field the season is probably lost at that point...

HookedonGriz said:
Griz Addict said:
I have a really good feeling about this dude. Don't be surprised if he ends up being the starter. He either becomes the starter or we go with a 2 qb system. Bank on it.

Vidlak will hands-down be the starter anyone who watch the scrimmage can see that easily. He will be the best quarterback we’ve had since Jordan Johnson.

I do not believe we will use a two quarterback system, but I do believe we will use this guy a lot in specific packages. For example when we are within the 5 or 10 yard line and you can put him in wildcat or do some cool dual threat stuff with him. Or when it’s third and short or fourth and short. A good pick up for sure.

Vidlak looked good, sure. But, to say he's the next JJ is laughable. JJ was a true dual threat qb. Vidlak is a passer. We shall see but, I think vidlak will end up being number 2. Either way I'm happy if either one gets the nod. Both are talented, both bring different styles to the table. It all depends on what Pease wants out of a qb.

McDowell was ranked the 34th best dual threat qb in the country coming out of hs. If he can find that magic again, this could be a spectacular season.

Eli Gilman's little brother (Griz have not offered- but are following)

https://twitter.com/dawn_gillman/status/1658599376615350272

Griz Addict said:
I think vidlak will end up being number 2
I think Vidlak will end up being number 1. Pease wants a QB who can throw dimes. Vidlak as a passer compares to Drew Miller in my mind.

Griz Addict said:
McDowell was ranked the 34th best dual threat qb in the country coming out of hs. If he can find that magic again, this could be a spectacular season.
Vidlak was the 29th ranked Pro style QB in the country coming out of high school according to Rivals, and the 35th best overall QB according to 247.

I think no matter what happens, these guys are both going to push each other and could be the best 1-2 combo we've had in a long time.

Griz Addict said:
HookedonGriz said:
Vidlak will hands-down be the starter anyone who watch the scrimmage can see that easily. He will be the best quarterback we’ve had since Jordan Johnson.

I do not believe we will use a two quarterback system, but I do believe we will use this guy a lot in specific packages. For example when we are within the 5 or 10 yard line and you can put him in wildcat or do some cool dual threat stuff with him. Or when it’s third and short or fourth and short. A good pick up for sure.

Vidlak looked good, sure. But, to say he's the next JJ is laughable. JJ was a true dual threat qb. Vidlak is a passer. We shall see but, I think vidlak will end up being number 2. Either way I'm happy if either one gets the nod. Both are talented, both bring different styles to the table. It all depends on what Pease wants out of a qb.

But I didn’t say he will be the next JJ. I specifically said he will be the best quarterback we’ve had since JJ….two very different things. I stand by it, Vidlak will be the best quarterback for university of Montana has had since Jordan Johnson.

Griz til I die said:
grizfan1984 said:
https://twitter.com/keatonj_3/status/1658922095647272960?s=46&t=dc8-GgsunrC6LlIKD26SmQ
If we had to take a guess, who do we think it is?

I’m gonna guess maybe a kicker or punter. I just saw Keatons Instagram story and I’m not sure if the recruit was with him but they were at the top of the M and the kid that was with him in the story didn’t look very big

grizfan1984 said:
Griz til I die said:
If we had to take a guess, who do we think it is?

I’m gonna guess maybe a kicker or punter. I just saw Keatons Instagram story and I’m not sure if the recruit was with him but they were at the top of the M and the kid that was with him in the story didn’t look very big

Good call ‘84.

uofmman1122 said:
Griz Addict said:
Vidlak was the 29th ranked Pro style QB in the country coming out of high school according to Rivals, and the 35th best overall QB according to 247.

I think no matter what happens, these guys are both going to push each other and could be the best 1-2 combo we've had in a long time.

I'm good with either one. But, I do prefer a dual threat. Simply because they're harder to stop. Luckily we have an outstanding RB group that can help Vidlak out. But, when a defense knows they don't have to worry about a qb run, it does make things way easier for them. If a defense doesn't know if a qb is gonna pass or run, it helps tremendously. Which is why most teams in the country try to get dual threat qbs.

Griz Addict said:
uofmman1122 said:

I'm good with either one. But, I do prefer a dual threat. Simply because they're harder to stop. Luckily we have an outstanding RB group that can help Vidlak out. But, when a defense knows they don't have to worry about a qb run, it does make things way easier for them. If a defense doesn't know if a qb is gonna pass or run, it helps tremendously. Which is why most teams in the country try to get dual threat qbs.
That's what we had last year.

Griz Addict said:
uofmman1122 said:

Vidlak isn't a statue back there, he moves around pretty well. We've seen what he can do with his arm and haven't seen anything from McDowell yet. I think Clifton will have a tough time beating Sam out.

If he does, then we are going to have a truly special QB on the team this year. But throwing around star numbers for these guys is pretty meaningless. That was a long time ago, and hs is nothing like D1.

kemajic said:
Griz Addict said:

And when he was healthy he was pretty damn good. How well did the pro passer(Kris Brown) do? The 2 running qbs did better than the pro style qb. But, they're all different people, just because they have the same style doesn't mean the outcome would be the same.

Griz Addict said:
kemajic said:

And when he was healthy he was pretty damn good. How well did the pro passer(Kris Brown) do? The 2 running qbs did better than the pro style qb. But, they're all different people, just because they have the same style doesn't mean the outcome would be the same.
Yes dual threat QBs get hurt running, don't they? Vidlak is no Brown; he's going to be special. You have to have a QB who scares the hell out of the D with his arm.

Latest posts

Back