• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2024 Griz Recruiting (18) Verbals (15) Offers

Looks like the McDowell kid is visiting this week he has a bunch of pictures on his Instagram and it says National championship pending and GoGriz #beatstate sounds like he may be coming to us instead of Southern

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsJujMsr5UD/
Did we perhaps persuade him to coming to UM? I will start feeling a lot better about the QB room if thats the case!

Griz til I die said:
Did we perhaps persuade him to coming to UM? I will start feeling a lot better about the QB room if thats the case!
Love it. Huge pickup for us (assuming he did indeed switch).

No no no...it's CB not QB. sheesh...

kidding. this would be amazing for sure. Big help on that side. Now just need about 2 CBs and 2 DLs.

uofmman1122 said:
Griz til I die said:

I am really confused right now. Did he commit? Is this fake?

AZGrizFan said:
uofmman1122 said:

I am really confused right now. Did he commit? Is this fake?
It’s not fake, those pics are from his Instagram.

As far as I can gather, he committed to Southern last week, took a visit here over the weekend, which these pics are from, and all signs suggest he has changed his commitment. Keaton Johnson’s twitter post seems to back that up.

Could be a huge misunderstanding where a kid commits, takes another official visit anyways, makes a post about being at said visit implying he’s going to said school, but then still goes back to his original commitment, though. I guess stranger things have happened. :lol:

I think Bobby found his Mellot, to give the offense two different skill sets to have as they gameplan

kemajic said:
I don't see in McDowell's production what we are so excited about.

High School: A highly regarded 6’4”, 220 lb dual threat quarterback out of high school (Spring, Texas) where he combined for 3,130 passing yards and 2,189 rushing yards and scored 68 touchdowns…Rated the 34th-best dual-threat quarterback in the 2019 class…247 Sports three-star recruit…Accounted for 37 touchdowns during his senior season, passing for 1,820 yards and 18 touchdowns, while rushing for 1,330 yards and 19 touchdowns…He was named the 16-6A District MVP after his stellar senior year…Totaled 31 touchdowns (19 passing, 12 rushing) and 2,160 yards (1,310 passing, 850 rushing) as a junior en route to First Team All-District honors…Received offers from ULM, Texas Southern, Texas State and Georgetown.

If we were recruiting this kid out of HS you’d be over the moon. He’s light years ahead of anybody in that QB room not named Vidlak and gives us exactly what is needed. True competition and different looks.

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
I don't see in McDowell's production what we are so excited about.

High School: A highly regarded 6’4”, 220 lb dual threat quarterback out of high school (Spring, Texas) where he combined for 3,130 passing yards and 2,189 rushing yards and scored 68 touchdowns…Rated the 34th-best dual-threat quarterback in the 2019 class…247 Sports three-star recruit…Accounted for 37 touchdowns during his senior season, passing for 1,820 yards and 18 touchdowns, while rushing for 1,330 yards and 19 touchdowns…He was named the 16-6A District MVP after his stellar senior year…Totaled 31 touchdowns (19 passing, 12 rushing) and 2,160 yards (1,310 passing, 850 rushing) as a junior en route to First Team All-District honors…Received offers from ULM, Texas Southern, Texas State and Georgetown.

If we were recruiting this kid out of HS you’d be over the moon. He’s light years ahead of anybody in that QB room not named Vidlak and gives us exactly what is needed. True competition and different looks.
Maybe, but 115 yds passing (47%) and 132 yds rushing in his FCS career does not put me over the moon nor does it show he's light years ahead of e.g., Brown. He's been around and his development to this point is not impressive. His potential seems to be as a running QB and if the idea is to go the SacSt route of having a passing first QB and a rushing first QB, that could make some sense. I'm good with "show me" but the kid was no more than a backup at Central Arkansas so why should I be convinced he would be a real difference maker here, since you claim we have no capability to develop QBs? I'm on board on getting the kid if we can, but I will reserve the excitement.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:

Maybe, but 115 yds passing (47%) and 132 yds rushing in his FCS career does not put me over the moon nor does it show he's light years ahead of e.g., Brown. He's been around and his development to this point is not impressive. His potential seems to be as a running QB and if the idea is to go the SacSt route of having a passing first QB and a rushing first QB, that could make some sense. I'm good with "show me" but the kid was no more than a backup at Central Arkansas so why should I be convinced he would be a real difference maker here, since you claim we have no capability to develop QBs? I'm on board on getting the kid if we can, but I will reserve the excitement.

Ditto. Scout team to game plan kittens?

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:

Kid has thrown exactly 31 college passes. I’ll take the unknown over the known at this point. But yes, I do fear the staff’s ability to develop a QB beyond what they brought here. Maybe this shuffle will do the trick…who knows?

Paytonlives said:
https://twitter.com/_Cliff10/status/1657855292158214149

I have a really good feeling about this dude. Don't be surprised if he ends up being the starter. He either becomes the starter or we go with a 2 qb system. Bank on it.

Latest posts

Back