• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2021 Griz Spring Football Recruiting/ Transfers (11), Late 2021 Offers (2) Leaving UM

Paytonlives said:
grizfan1984 said:
Arizona State Transfer Kicker https://twitter.com/kevinmacias_38/status/1395037697710780419

Interesting, UM is very young at K/P... so makes sense

Yup, interesting, but in a head scratcher kind of way. Been reading about Mr. Macias. Talented, but mostly punts. After top kickoff guy was injured Mr. Macias handled for half of season in 2020. After watching Griz two game spring season, Mr. Buschini was very impressive at punts and kickoffs. I don’t think that should be messed with. I have watched Mr. Capser kick since a freshman at Billings Central. At placekicker he already out “big-legs” this guy. With one year of eligibility left I’m just not sure this makes sense. I’m not the expert and my opinion really doesn’t matter though.

406 Grizzly said:
Paytonlives said:

Yup, interesting, but in a head scratcher kind of way. Been reading about Mr. Macias. Talented, but mostly punts. After top kickoff guy was injured Mr. Macias handled for half of season in 2020. After watching Griz two game spring season, Mr. Buschini was very impressive at punts and kickoffs. I don’t think that should be messed with. I have watched Mr. Capser kick since a freshman at Billings Central. At placekicker he already out “big-legs” this guy. With one year of eligibility left I’m just not sure this makes sense. I’m not the expert and my opinion really doesn’t matter though.
With the departure of Cooper we only have 1 other kicker on the roster in Carver Gilman and one coming in with Capser who I think will redshirt, should be a pretty good addition for a year and I think we have a great opportunity to add either Rohrbach or Kautzman in the next recruiting class.

406 Grizzly said:
Paytonlives said:

Methinks BH has a good handle on his ST needs.

grizfan1984 said:
406 Grizzly said:
With the departure of Cooper we only have 1 other kicker on the roster in Carver Gilman and one coming in with Capser who I think will redshirt, should be a pretty good addition for a year and I think we have a great opportunity to add either Rohrbach or Kautzman in the next recruiting class.

Kautzman is pushing for the cats. He said this after Capser beat both him and Buschini pretty bad at the Torgerson kicking competition last January. Can read it on Twitter. I doubt Capser will redshirt. Nationally ranked kicker and decided on the Griz after turning down NE, CO and one other FBS program I believe. I believe they will really lean on him as a true freshman.

Griz RTD said:
grizfan1984 said:

Kautzman is pushing for the cats. He said this after Capser beat both him and Buschini pretty bad at the Torgerson kicking competition last January. Can read it on Twitter. I doubt Capser will redshirt. Nationally ranked kicker and decided on the Griz after turning down NE, CO and one other FBS program I believe. I believe they will really lean on him as a true freshman.

I didn’t know that he was pushing for cats I know he retweets and shares Griz things quite regularly on social media. I know him and Rohrback are or once were very big GRIZ fans.

https://twitter.com/JordanvandenB12/status/1395119058039750656 Juco DT
Gonna be tough to get this guy he even has an offer from Auburn and we are like the 15th offer for him.

grizfan1984 said:
Gonna be tough to get this guy he even has an offer from Auburn and we are like the 15th offer for him.
Ooh, me likey. He’s got lots of FCS offers as well as FBS offers from Texas State. Akron and Auburn so we’ll see.

grizfan1984 said:
Griz RTD said:

I didn’t know that he was pushing for cats I know he retweets and shares Griz things quite regularly on social media. I know him and Rohrback are or once were very big GRIZ fans.
My neighbor knows his family pretty well. Said the cats were in constant communication with him when Choate was still there. Idk if they still are with Vigen, but he’s a huge Griz fan and said it seems like he doesn’t hear all that much from the Griz. I told my neighbor to tell him that Bobby doesn’t really recruit kids until they’re seniors and to make sure he goes to camp as that will be his best opportunity to get an offer and get much better interest from the staff.

Griz til I die said:
grizfan1984 said:
My neighbor knows his family pretty well. Said the cats were in constant communication with him when Choate was still there. Idk if they still are with Vigen, but he’s a huge Griz fan and said it seems like he doesn’t hear all that much from the Griz. I told my neighbor to tell him that Bobby doesn’t really recruit kids until they’re seniors and to make sure he goes to camp as that will be his best opportunity to get an offer and get much better interest from the staff.

Have heard the same thing from Capser's family as they all communicate with each other a lot. Capser and Kautzman are friends. All 3rd party info here, but was told Kautzman doesn't want to be right behind Capser as Capser has been extremely successful at all these combines and kicking camps, like the one last January where he beat up everyone from Griz K/P Buschini, MT Western kicker and Kautzman. Can't say I blame him if true. I do agree that he is a big Griz fan as well as the cats. I don't believe Capser will be red shirted as I think he will be tough to beat out, but we will see.

Also, I just don't see this kid from Arizona State coming here. He has had the most success at punter and may be good to back up Buschini. I don't see Gilman filling that role. Hope he seriously considers it though as he would make a great addition to the special teams roster. Even if it is just for one year.

Griz til I die said:
grizfan1984 said:
Ooh, me likey. He’s got lots of FCS offers as well as FBS offers from Texas State. Akron and Auburn so we’ll see.

Looks like his Auburn offer is just a PWO based on the wording in that post so us and Texas state are probably his two best offers. So far. Akron and UMass are fbs but are notoriously awful, one step above is a 2-10 texas state.

Paytonlives said:
Griz that Entered the NCAA Portal
RB- Kevin Armstead (Freshman) Playing time?
FB- Trase LaTexier (Senior) Injured
TE- Bryson Deming (Junior) Medical program- Illinois State
DE- Brayden Deming (Junior) Medical program- Illinois State
S- Nick Guerena
K- Jack Cooper (Junior)

Missing from Roster
Ressler
Gardiner
S- Rishi Daniels
Feight
Schneider

Late 2021 Spring Verbals (4?)
RB- Isiah Childs 6'2" 215 (Akron Transfer) (T 4/6/21) 4 to play 4
OL- Ethan Barney 6' 4" 285 (Sumner HS) Sumner, WA (T 4/20/21) Class of 2021
DE- DeAri Todd 6' 4" 265 (T 4/30/21) Transfer from Michigan State

Late 2021 Offers (5)
DT/DE- Jordan Van den Berg 6' 4" 280 (T 5/19) (Iowa Western-Transfer)
DL- Lance Bob 5' 11" 305 (Klein Oak HS) Spring, TX (T 3/8/21)
DE/MLB- Cleon Davis 6' 1" 236 (Thornton Fractional South HS) Lansing, IL (T 5/19/21)
LB- Colby Campbell (T 5/1/21) Grad transfer from Presbyterian
K- Kevin Macias (T 5/19/21) Arizona State Transfer

Verballed elsewhere 2021 Offer (1)
WR- Crew Clark 6'0" 170 (Sugar- Salem HS) Sugar City , ID (T 3/12/21) Weber St.

Shouldn’t Junior Bergen be added to this list?

Yes on Bergen.... added

And just so ya'll remember what the kitties lost and the Griz stole...

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9739632/5fab525b041ddc0864fc942e

Paytonlives said:
Yes on Bergen.... added

All highlight reels are pretty phenomenal but this one is just bonkers. This dude is playing like futuristic chess while the others are playing checkers.

HookedonGriz said:
Paytonlives said:
Yes on Bergen.... added

All highlight reels are pretty phenomenal but this one is just bonkers. This dude is playing like futuristic chess while the others are playing checkers.

Sh*t with that type of vision this kid might even be a good running back. Obviously is a hard runner, anyone have any insider info on what the coaches are projecting him as? My guess would be CB or slot receiver.

Back