• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2019 Griz Football Recruiting 25 Signed, 9 Transfers & 4 Walk-ons

Ursus1 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:
Junior Day invites via Twitter

Jesse Vasquez (LS/ATH) (California)
Dawson Herl QB (Missouri)
Taylor Pomeroy QB (Oregon)
Ashton Beach LB (Washington)
Demariantae Moore RB (Texas)
Hayden Vandehey QB (Oregon)
Michael Sondermann RB (Idaho)
Jesse Martineau QB (Washington)
Tony Hermann DL (Washington)
Trenton Olson WR (Washington)
Jake Maggio LS (New Jersey)
Parker Freiberg RB/LB (Minnesota)
Bailey Sulzberger Ath (California)
Madden Salisbury DL/OL (Oregon)
GW Fulford OL (Oregon)
RJ Bell DL (Washington)
Alex Paluck OL (Washington)
Moses Smith DL (Nevada)
JJ Leming QB (Washington)
Carson Fugelburg TE/DE (Idaho)
Brian Buschini K/P (Montana)
Nate Hebert QB (Washington)
Kyle Wray FB/OL (California)
Davion Pruitt OL (Washington)
Dakota Hibbs DE/LB (Washington)
Donte Whiting CB (Oregon)

Even weirder. Here's the entire list of Junior Day invites. Not ONE player signed off that list unless Buschini signs. And as far as we know, not ONE player even OFFERED off that list except Buschini...Does that not strike anybody as odd?
Seems odd....and/or might be a problem either inviting ones that are no good, ones that wont likely come anyway, or coaches can't close the deal. Seems a waste of time, energy, money, a chance if not getting kids from it.

Lots of student athletes who were invited are not on this list - Garrett Brown, 285# OL All-State from 2017 as a Junior AND OL All-State 2018 as a senior -- and DL All-Conference. He was invited but was competing with his (Class A State Champion) track team that day and wanted to honor his commitment to his Corvallis HS team.

I'm guessing that with Hurlburt and Salagor we have 2 of the most interesting recruits in Griz history. Pretty sure Hurlburt is the only one handed player we've had. Anyone know of a player that had as limited experience as Salagor?
I like both of these recruits and believe they both will have the attitude that Bobby is looking for.

they probably think they have a lot to prove to THEMSELVES.....bobby and the rest of us are fortunate to be along for the ride......with that chip on their shoulder, they could end up be very special indeed.

Sportsphotog said:
Ursus1 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:
Junior Day invites via Twitter

Jesse Vasquez (LS/ATH) (California)
Dawson Herl QB (Missouri)
Taylor Pomeroy QB (Oregon)
Ashton Beach LB (Washington)
Demariantae Moore RB (Texas)
Hayden Vandehey QB (Oregon)
Michael Sondermann RB (Idaho)
Jesse Martineau QB (Washington)
Tony Hermann DL (Washington)
Trenton Olson WR (Washington)
Jake Maggio LS (New Jersey)
Parker Freiberg RB/LB (Minnesota)
Bailey Sulzberger Ath (California)
Madden Salisbury DL/OL (Oregon)
GW Fulford OL (Oregon)
RJ Bell DL (Washington)
Alex Paluck OL (Washington)
Moses Smith DL (Nevada)
JJ Leming QB (Washington)
Carson Fugelburg TE/DE (Idaho)
Brian Buschini K/P (Montana)
Nate Hebert QB (Washington)
Kyle Wray FB/OL (California)
Davion Pruitt OL (Washington)
Dakota Hibbs DE/LB (Washington)
Donte Whiting CB (Oregon)

Even weirder. Here's the entire list of Junior Day invites. Not ONE player signed off that list unless Buschini signs. And as far as we know, not ONE player even OFFERED off that list except Buschini...Does that not strike anybody as odd?
Seems odd....and/or might be a problem either inviting ones that are no good, ones that wont likely come anyway, or coaches can't close the deal. Seems a waste of time, energy, money, a chance if not getting kids from it.

Lots of student athletes who were invited are not on this list - Garrett Brown, 285# OL All-State from 2017 as a Junior AND OL All-State 2018 as a senior -- and DL All-Conference. He was invited but was competing with his (Class A State Champion) track team that day and wanted to honor his commitment to his Corvallis HS team.

Interesting. Another one we neither offered nor signed (as far as we know).

Cole Grossman and Braxton Hill both show up in the student directory. Pillans does not yet but that should be done by this week I am betting. I also think there could be an addition or two we don't know about closer to the 9th. http://apps.umt.edu/directory/

It is unfortunate that classes have been moved up to the 10th when it used to be 3rd week (sometimes 4th week) in January. With it being a dead until January 10th I believe makes it more difficult for contact because no official campus or home visits for transfers that will start in the Spring Semester (still can email, call, dm, text, etc.). Here are some dates to keep in mind:

New Student Orientation: Jan. 7th-9th
First day of classes: Jan 10th
Last day to register: Typically it is by the end of the third week of school.http://www.umt.edu/provost/academiccalendar/

dayday said:
Cole Grossman and Braxton Hill both show up in the student directory. Pillans does not yet but that should be done by this week I am betting. I also think there could be an addition or two we don't know about closer to the 9th. http://apps.umt.edu/directory/

It is unfortunate that classes have been moved up to the 10th when it used to be 3rd week (sometimes 4th week) in January. With it being a dead until January 10th I believe makes it more difficult for contact because no official campus or home visits for transfers that will start in the Spring Semester (still can email, call, dm, text, etc.). Here are some dates to keep in mind:

Last day to register: Typically it is by the end of the third week of school.http://www.umt.edu/provost/academiccalendar/

A few of the Montana top prospects from 2018 class are listed on here but no idea if they are playing football Caeden Suero DL from Helena and Mark Northey CB from Helena, last I had checked Ty Chouinard WR from Hamilton was on there also but he is not listed anymore.

dayday said:

Grossman a done deal and ready to be officially a Griz, per his father on Twitter. Not sure what the initial hold up was, maybe grades or admissions tests? Regardless, another 3 Star kid coming into the fold with some awesome talent.

HookedonGriz said:
dayday said:

Grossman a done deal and ready to be officially a Griz, per his father on Twitter. Not sure what the initial hold up was, maybe grades or admissions tests? Regardless, another 3 Star kid coming into the fold with some awesome talent.

Hill and Grossman are officially 2019 recruits because of the gray shirt. Both will be in camp

A couple questions - can a student-athlete declare a gray shirt year for an injury after they've played a year or two of eligibility? Also, what's the difference between a walk on and a preferred walk on?

70Griz said:
A couple questions - can a student-athlete declare a gray shirt year for an injury after they've played a year or two of eligibility? Also, what's the difference between a walk on and a preferred walk on?

A Preferred Walk On (PWO) is guaranteed a roster spot so they get a chance to compete. A normal walk on can be cut at any time.

As for your grey shirt question, I don’t believe they can do that but I’ll double check and get back to you here.

HookedonGriz said:
70Griz said:

A Preferred Walk On (PWO) is guaranteed a roster spot so they get a chance to compete. A normal walk on can be cut at any time.

As for your grey shirt question, I don’t believe they can do that but I’ll double check and get back to you here.

And here is an excellent summary of redshirt vs gray shirt vs blue shirt vs green shirt

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2016/1/28/10842688/ncaa-football-grayshirt-blueshirt-redshirt-rules

HookedonGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
70Griz said:

And here is an excellent summary of redshirt vs gray shirt vs blue shirt vs green shirt

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2016/1/28/10842688/ncaa-football-grayshirt-blueshirt-redshirt-rules

Thanks for sharing.

I’m pretty sure I was the last plaid shirt granted in the late 70’s. I subsequently transferred when Abrams’ University closed down.

70Griz said:
A couple questions - can a student-athlete declare a gray shirt year for an injury after they've played a year or two of eligibility?

No. A gray shirt is a player that delays enrolling in school until after fall term to begin his 5 year clock.

grizindabox said:
70Griz said:
A couple questions - can a student-athlete declare a gray shirt year for an injury after they've played a year or two of eligibility?

No. A gray shirt is a player that delays enrolling in school until after fall term to begin his 5 year clock.

Alabama has quite a few gray shirts

What's UM's next recruiting step? Things maxed out pretty early with the December signing day, but there's another month left. Do they see who shakes out in winter conditioning? Is that possible? Are they recruiting now expecting that?
That 3.07 team GPA the griz just posted suggests there's a lot of stability on this team. Guys are focused.

Back