• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2019 Griz Football Recruiting 25 Signed, 9 Transfers & 4 Walk-ons

Some good DE signees in this class, but I would have loved to sign 1 or 2 true D tackles...NDSU signed a kid who's already 290+ as a freshman.

grizband said:
Some good DE signees in this class, but I would have loved to sign 1 or 2 true D tackles...NDSU signed a kid who's already 290+ as a freshman.

We have that kid already on the roster. His name is Evan Longoria. They wasted him on the offensive side of the ball last year (no playing time), when he could have been a big help in the middle of the D.

AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:
Junior Day invites via Twitter

Jesse Vasquez (LS/ATH) (California)
Dawson Herl QB (Missouri)
Taylor Pomeroy QB (Oregon)
Ashton Beach LB (Washington)
Demariantae Moore RB (Texas)
Hayden Vandehey QB (Oregon)
Michael Sondermann RB (Idaho)
Jesse Martineau QB (Washington)
Tony Hermann DL (Washington)
Trenton Olson WR (Washington)
Jake Maggio LS (New Jersey)
Parker Freiberg RB/LB (Minnesota)
Bailey Sulzberger Ath (California)
Madden Salisbury DL/OL (Oregon)
GW Fulford OL (Oregon)
RJ Bell DL (Washington)
Alex Paluck OL (Washington)
Moses Smith DL (Nevada)
JJ Leming QB (Washington)
Carson Fugelburg TE/DE (Idaho)
Brian Buschini K/P (Montana)
Nate Hebert QB (Washington)
Kyle Wray FB/OL (California)
Davion Pruitt OL (Washington)
Dakota Hibbs DE/LB (Washington)
Donte Whiting CB (Oregon)

Even weirder. Here's the entire list of Junior Day invites. Not ONE player signed off that list unless Buschini signs. And as far as we know, not ONE player even OFFERED off that list except Buschini...Does that not strike anybody as odd?

Seems odd....and/or might be a problem either inviting ones that are no good, ones that wont likely come anyway, or coaches can't close the deal. Seems a waste of time, energy, money, a chance if not getting kids from it.

Ursus1 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:

GW Fulford OL (Oregon)
RJ Bell DL (Washington)
Moses Smith DL (Nevada)

Even weirder. Here's the entire list of Junior Day invites. Not ONE player signed off that list unless Buschini signs. And as far as we know, not ONE player even OFFERED off that list except Buschini...Does that not strike anybody as odd?

Seems odd....and/or might be a problem either inviting ones that are no good, ones that wont likely come anyway, or coaches can't close the deal. Seems a waste of time, energy, money, a chance if not getting kids from it.

Not arguing with your assessment. Will be interested to see if any of them end up as a Griz after one year in a FBS program. They don’t like it and end up at Montana.

These invites to Junior day are the ones that Payton was able to verify on twitter. It is not an all inclusive list. We had a good couple of days. Relax and enjoy it. There is almost always a transfer or JC guy that shows up. Transfers usually are not commented on until they enroll in school. We are recruiting in the right direction. Bigs on both sides. Linebacker depth that looks like a few can contribute depth immediatly. Defensive backs. QB, TE and skill positions. You wring your hands or see that RTD depends on building it the right way. We got a OL guy that looks like he will fit in with the young guys who played a ton this year. Relax guys. Merry Christmas. It came early this year.

grizatwork said:
These invites to Junior day are the ones that Payton was able to verify on twitter. It is not an all inclusive list. We had a good couple of days. Relax and enjoy it. There is almost always a transfer or JC guy that shows up. Transfers usually are not commented on until they enroll in school. We are recruiting in the right direction. Bigs on both sides. Linebacker depth that looks like a few can contribute depth immediatly. Defensive backs. QB, TE and skill positions. You wring your hands or see that RTD depends on building it the right way. We got a OL guy that looks like he will fit in with the young guys who played a ton this year. Relax guys. Merry Christmas. It came early this year.

I'm relaxed. Are we not allowed to discuss things here? WTF? Just curious as to how, in that long list (all inclusive or not) not a SINGLE player was known to have been offered, let alone signed. Seems really weird to me.

Copper Griz said:
Ursus1 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:

GW Fulford OL (Oregon)
RJ Bell DL (Washington)
Moses Smith DL (Nevada)

Not arguing with your assessment. Will be interested to see if any of them end up as a Griz after one year in a FBS program. They don’t like it and end up at Montana.

so you're assuming every single one of these went FBS? I know for a fact at least one guy is still out there, has three offers (one FBS), but is looking for a home still.

AZGrizFan said:
grizatwork said:

I'm relaxed. Are we not allowed to discuss things here? WTF? Just curious as to how, in that long list (all inclusive or not) not a SINGLE player was known to have been offered, let alone signed. Seems really weird to me.

No one said you couldn''t discuss things. You seem to be wound pretty tight. I was commenting on the fact that Junior day invites are usually in the hundreds and that list was only those verified by Payton. Payton is pretty conservative and will only post things if he verifies it. I think we had a good class and anything else is gravy. Just seems like a lot of anxiety and concern for a situation that we don't know a lot about. There is a lot of behind the scenes things that we don't know.

grizatwork said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizatwork said:

No one said you couldn''t discuss things. You seem to be wound pretty tight. I was commenting on the fact that Junior day invites are usually in the hundreds and that list was only those verified by Payton. Payton is pretty conservative and will only post things if he verifies it. I think we had a good class and anything else is gravy. Just seems like a lot of anxiety and concern for a situation that we don't know a lot about. There is a lot of behind the scenes things that we don't know.

What is it about my posts that make me appear “wound pretty tight”, motherfucker?

:D

Note: My “concern” (more of just a comment) is that it seems odd that not a single person on that list had a known offer. Just seemed weird. To me, at least. Has no bearing on the quality of the class we just signed...in fact, the two are only tangentially related...love the class...would like to know more about the guys who are on that list and why they weren’t offered or where they ended up...like I said in another post, at least one’s tape (from Idaho, where we did very well this year) looks very good, and has offers from BYU, U of I and ISU, but doesn’t appear to want to go to any of those places. he’s also a D-lineman, which we are in short supply of...and they thought enough of him to invite him to Junior Day...curious is what I am, not “wound too tight”... :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
grizband said:

We have that kid already on the roster. His name is Evan Longoria. They wasted him on the offensive side of the ball last year (no playing time), when he could have been a big help in the middle of the D.
I agree AZ, Longoria should be a stud on the D line; I just hoped for a similar signing this year. DT is a position we should sign at least one per year, as much as possible.

Ursus1 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:

GW Fulford OL (Oregon)
RJ Bell DL (Washington)
Moses Smith DL (Nevada)

I'm confused. This is a list of invites to a Junior Day? Doesn't that mean that these individuals listed above are technically of the class of 2020? Now, there may be 'some,' or, perhaps quite a few, offered when they are then eligible seniors; but is it standard operating procedure to offer after but their sophomore year in high school? Maybe that works in basketball, but in football?

Well, if you're the SEC, PAC-12, Big 10, etc., etc., etc. Maybe.

Ursus1 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:

GW Fulford OL (Oregon)
RJ Bell DL (Washington)
Moses Smith DL (Nevada)

They usually invite 100 plus kids, so not strange to offer everyone unless you’re Choate. They only have so many scholarships to hand out. You can’t offer everyone like Choate and then start pulling offers from kids that have committed to you not good PR!

firmgriz said:
Does anyone know the status of Braxton Hill? Would love to see him in maroon and silver.

Waiting for a comformation.... but everything looks good as far as I can tell

Back