• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2019 Griz Football Recruiting 25 Signed, 9 Transfers & 4 Walk-ons

Desperately need OL and DL help and beef....ZERO O-linemen in the fold, and heaviest guy is 240. Something better change in a big way in the next couple weeks.

AZGrizFan said:
Desperately need OL and DL help and beef....ZERO O-linemen in the fold, and heaviest guy is 240. Something better change in a big way in the next couple weeks.
Not saying it's the right choice, but it looks like the coaches want immediate OL help in the form of transfers this offseason. At what point will we know when a guy has dropped down to us, I have no idea. I don't know if the early signing period makes any difference with dropdowns.

We may not hear about anything until the new semester starts in January.

UM needs one, maybe two transfers for OL. There was one returning starter on the offensive line this year. The two deep was five freshman, two sophmores and three juniors.
Things will get better

uofmman1122 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Not saying it's the right choice, but it looks like the coaches want immediate OL help in the form of transfers this offseason. At what point will we know when a guy has dropped down to us, I have no idea. I don't know if the early signing period makes any difference with dropdowns.

We may not hear about anything until the new semester starts in January.

Well they can’t have an entire class with ZERO incoming freshman O-linemen. They still need to recruit 4-5 O-linemen that are coming out of HS. Otherwise we’ll be converting TE’s and LB’s for the next 5 fucking years. :oops:

griz4life said:
UM needs one, maybe two transfers for OL. There was one returning starter on the offensive line this year. The two deep was five freshman, two sophmores and three juniors.
Things will get better

But how many of those five freshman, two sophomores and three juniors were actually D1 talent and how many were converted from d line as stop gap measures due to deficiencies at that position? I think maybe 4 of the total have what it takes to be decent D1 starting o-lineman, the rest might be good for practice and for providing depth, but not as starting D1 linemen IMO. We NEED transfer help if we want to win next year

AZGrizFan said:

Spot on. Need a big DT/NT and a couple of good OL.

dayday said:
https://twitter.com/blake_bedier/status/1068299823659417600?s=21

Once again transfer OL don’t grow on trees everyone wants them that is why building depth and talent internally is so important. Our two offers out to transfers have offers from big FBS programs so hard to hold a lot of hope for.

I’m confused. Is he saying he’s ACCEPTED the offer? Or just given an offer?

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
griz4life said:
Things will get better

But how many of those five freshman, two sophomores and three juniors were actually D1 talent and how many were converted from d line as stop gap measures due to deficiencies at that position? I think maybe 4 of the total have what it takes to be decent D1 starting o-lineman, the rest might be good for practice and for providing depth, but not as starting D1 linemen IMO. We NEED transfer help if we want to win next year
Scott Grag aka "Lurch" started as a Freshmen and struggled. He ended up being a fourth round pick and NFL all pro before it was all said and done. It does you no good to yell at the cloths dryer because your laundry isn't dry. You have to be patient and let it run through it's cycle.

grizaremoregooder said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
griz4life said:
Things will get better

Scott Grag aka "Lurch" started as a Freshmen and struggled. He ended up being a fourth round pick and NFL all pro before it was all said and done. It does you no good to yell at the cloths dryer because your laundry isn't dry. You have to be patient and let it run through it's cycle.

:lol: :lol: What an awesome analogy! :thumb:

Back