• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2019 Griz Football Recruiting 25 Signed, 9 Transfers & 4 Walk-ons

Dixon will have his pick of schools when Manogue’s season ends. He’s contemplating offers from three FBS schools (Nevada, Fresno State, UNLV) and five FCS programs (Northern Colorado, Montana, Idaho State, UC Davis, Northern Arizona). Dixon plans to select a school and sign during December’s early period, and while he hasn’t gotten a Pac-12 offer despite his big numbers, Howren says he’s deserving.

https://twitter.com/MurrayNSN/status/1066014825543688192

Paytonlives said:
Dixon will have his pick of schools when Manogue’s season ends. He’s contemplating offers from three FBS schools (Nevada, Fresno State, UNLV) and five FCS programs (Northern Colorado, Montana, Idaho State, UC Davis, Northern Arizona). Dixon plans to select a school and sign during December’s early period, and while he hasn’t gotten a Pac-12 offer despite his big numbers, Howren says he’s deserving.

https://twitter.com/MurrayNSN/status/1066014825543688192

I think it’ll be a a real long shot he’ll sign with any FCS school with Fresno and two home state FBS schools involved. He has been going back forth with twitter activity with our commits so that is a good sign but still think it’s a long shot.

dayday said:
MTGRZ said:
Any news on offensive or defensive linemen? Biggest needs in my opinion.

Expect big movements in the next two to three weeks on those fronts.

Yeah things are really going to intensify prior to the early signing period in December. Coaches are really trying to get their classes set at this date instead of the later one in February.

Tommy Kennedy

@TommyKennedy74
Follow Follow @TommyKennedy74
More
Excited to receive an offer from the University of Montana @MontanaGrizFB

4:33 PM - 24 Nov 2018

Ramping up recruiting

The coaching staff will be ramping up its recruiting starting Sunday, Hauck said during his press conference on Monday. Football recruits can start signing in the early period that runs from Dec. 19-21.

“We’ll be hardcore into recruiting up through that first signing day,” Hauck said. “The next three weeks will be pretty busy.”

The Griz have 13 known commits in the class of 2019. Their in-state commits are Ryder Meyer of Fairfield, Ryan Tirrell of Loyola, Noah Ambuehl of Great Falls Central, Garrison Poetzl of Billings Senior, Trevin Gradney of Billings West, Kris Brown of Bozeman and Elias DeWaters of Missoula Sentinel. Their out-of-state commits are Joey Elwell and Kale Edwards of Idaho, Jacob McGourin and Corbin Walker of Washington, and Alex Hurlburt and Nick Ostmo of Oregon.

Two players who started the season at Montana are no longer listed on the roster. Lamarriel Taylor, a junior wide receiver and special teams contributor, left the team in October because of a personal family issue, Hauck said. Senior running back Jeremy Calhoun is no longer on the team, with Hauck saying Calhoun “didn’t want to play anymore.”

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/griz-notebook-bobby-hauck-wary-of-new-transfer-rule-montana/article_5a2a4eb9-08d9-5c1f-8c35-3ac16c0d0717.html

was really hoping we could land Craig McFarland but he seems like a pipe dream. he has a LOT of attention from FBS schools.

mtgrizfankb said:
was really hoping we could land Craig McFarland but he seems like a pipe dream. he has a LOT of attention from FBS schools.

I think we have a better shot at flipping Babcock, the other good tackle out of Arizona, then we do at getting McFarland.

IMO the defensive line is in worse shape moving into 2019 than the offensive line. Looking at our current roster we have two, yes, two players listed at defensive tackle going forward and are losing Shaw. Sims should have never been a tackle but instead a DE. Better bring back Longoria. Did he Redshirt this year because I never saw him on the field?

nzone said:
IMO the defensive line is in worse shape moving into 2019 than the offensive line. Looking at our current roster we have two, yes, two players listed at defensive tackle going forward and are losing Shaw. Sims should have never been a tackle but instead a DE. Better bring back Longoria. Did he Redshirt this year because I never saw him on the field?

I am not sure I agree. I think we will be okay there especially for this defense we are running. Alford, Sims, Deming and Gubner will be fine. Longoria was a backup OL last year. He saw limited action. I could see him or Sirmon moving back if we get some transfers for OL. We are looking at least 5 transfers with 2 already being offered. Lots of recruiting competition for transfer lineman so don’t necessarily count on it but I tend to think we will least get one.

nzone said:

Longoria is already a RS Soph, & I would agree with moving him & Sirmon back to defense. But they’ll need to have real o-line help to facilitate moving them back. Sims plays on the end in this defense @ least half of the time, he’s fine where he is. This is a 4/2 or stack 3/3 defense. The linemen are eating blocks & the backers & safties are making the plays.

One of the biggest mistakes Semore made was convincing Kidder he could be a rush end after having been all-conference as a DT. He didn’t have the skills to be an edge rusher & neither does Sims. There are four or five guys who fit the mold of DE - not the rush end for this defense & guys for the nose. There are five to seven guys, including some inbound players who’ll be candidates for the rush end/hybrid linebackers. Some depth @ linebacker & DB would be helpful.

Back