• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2017 Vim's Montana High School Football Recruiting List

By the way guys, I'll be putting out the 2018 Montana Recruits list tomorrow. It will only be an initial list which is usual just based off what I see on tape and some junior year accolades. Sometimes there are juniors who don't even see the field much and then explode their senior year so it won't be perfect. However, it should give you a good look at who the best ones are next year. Obviously, Gabe Sulser will be #1 and that won't change throughout the year. If he doesn't go FBS, he should be a Grizzly sooner than later.

vim....a question.....if sulser continues to evolve, if you had to give odds, whats the chance he might stay in the f.c.s. ...he is not the biggest guy in the world.....but he has had all this success through out high school.....just wondering what you or anyone else might think...

krammer said:
vim....a question.....if sulser continues to evolve, if you had to give odds, whats the chance he might stay in the f.c.s. ...he is not the biggest guy in the world.....but he has had all this success through out high school.....just wondering what you or anyone else might think...

He is really fast, really athletic, really good after the catch, and plays 100% every snap. His size is likely the reason the FBS offers won't come and he will end up in the FCS. I don't know. I think he is a fit in any offense.

VimSince03 said:
krammer said:

He is really fast, really athletic, really good after the catch, and plays 100% every snap. His size is likely the reason the FBS offers won't come and he will end up in the FCS. I don't know. I think he is a fit in any offense.

thanks vim .....could be kind of a welker type most anywhere then, is what I take form your assessment....be nice to have him stay in state.....thanks again...

VimSince03 said:
By the way guys, I'll be putting out the 2018 Montana Recruits list tomorrow. It will only be an initial list which is usual just based off what I see on tape and some junior year accolades. Sometimes there are juniors who don't even see the field much and then explode their senior year so it won't be perfect. However, it should give you a good look at who the best ones are next year. Obviously, Gabe Sulser will be #1 and that won't change throughout the year. If he doesn't go FBS, he should be a Grizzly sooner than later.

In AA besides the prize of Sulser. There is Helena High Max Morris, Glacier's Drew Turner and Capital has three lineman worthy of consideration. Those are just the ones off the top of my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paytonlives said:
Daily Interlake News report has CB- Braxton Reiten Walking on to UM
So we didn't completely forget that position group exists.

brewskis said:
Paytonlives said:
Daily Interlake News report has CB- Braxton Reiten Walking on to UM
So we didn't completely forget that position group exists.

Played some corner in high school but definitely more of a WR/KR. Sean Miller, who signed with Rocky, was THE corner on that Columbia Falls team last year. 2-time All-state and went toe-to-toe with Jed Nagler two years ago. Good get by Rocky.

VimSince03 said:
NendzoneGRIZ said:
Vim where is your list?

I'm working on it. :thumb:

Vim, how would you describe the 2018 class of MT players compared to this last year? The 2017 class seemed super deep with close to 20 guys going D-1. Would you expect similar depth this coming year or is it more top-heavy?

brewskis said:
VimSince03 said:
NendzoneGRIZ said:
Vim where is your list?

I'm working on it. :thumb:

Vim, how would you describe the 2018 class of MT players compared to this last year? The 2017 class seemed super deep with close to 20 guys going D-1. Would you expect similar depth this coming year or is it more top-heavy?

Will be deep with interior offensive and defensive lineman (where it has been pretty bare the last couple of years). Not as many QB/ATH's who can play multiple positions like there was in 2017's class. Last year's Safety class was the best it has been in years but that will be the opposite in 2018. Should be a good WR class in 2018. A good crop of running backs but only a few have FCS talent in my opinion. Not as many linebackers in this class with FCS talent as there were in 2017 though there are a two-three kids that stand out at the top. Seriously, 2017 was loaded with linebackers. QB list is once again low but Kevin Boes from Great Falls High may surprise some people.

Back