• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2016 Montana High School Football Recruiting List

Paytonlives said:
You can mark QB- Dane Warp Havre off UM's possible list

The Griz now have a QB- Verbal for 2016
Warp's 40 time is listed as 5.15 :shock:
Haven't seen anything about UM only taking 1 QB in this class. Warp could still be in play.

KoolMoeDee said:
5'6 and 130 lbs. Hasn't played on varsity yet.

Google'd the kid listed at 5' 7" and 160 now. Apparently played varsity last season and this coming. Found a news article on him in San Antonio papers and something in Dave Campbell's Texas Football Magazine listing him as his schools top varsity guy as a 10th grader. Said he's running low 4.4, high 4.3's now... fast. Alright back to Montana kids. So how're we looking on O-line now recruitment-wise...surely we've got a strangle hold on that considering outsiders fear our winters.

XxSpectrexX said:
KoolMoeDee said:

Google'd the kid listed at 5' 7" and 160 now. Apparently played varsity last season and this coming. Found a news article on him in San Antonio papers and something in Dave Campbell's Texas Football Magazine listing him as his schools top varsity guy as a 10th grader. Said he's running low 4.4, high 4.3's now... fast. Alright back to Montana kids. So how're we looking on O-line now recruitment-wise...surely we've got a strangle hold on that considering outsiders fear our winters.

Not arguing, but find me one link to him being on the roster or a game stat from last year.

KoolMoeDee said:
XxSpectrexX said:
KoolMoeDee said:

Not arguing, but find me one link to him being on the roster or a game stat from last year.

Here's a pic of the kid I saw at the camp in a game against a team called Smithson Valley getting tackled so apparently he was playing varsity. Here's a pic I found from one of them newspaper down there. Copy and paste it should pop up.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mysanantonio.com%2Fsports%2Fhigh_school%2Fhigh_school_football%2Fslideshow%2FClemens-at-Smithson-Valley-95814%2Fphoto-7015985.php&ei=5xCbVdjjNNa1yATWyZ7YBA&usg=AFQjCNFwsG7y_Jq8EDnZ43Y7eXbzZ-wAFQ&sig2=yCbQpdR5CMWy4kpNqgI4GA&bvm=bv.96952980,d.aWw

This is off maxpreps... same kid from camp...#20

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/clemens-buffaloes-%28schertz,tx%29/football/photos/full_size.htm?photogalleryid=9b1cf962-6e54-450e-9f4b-6553ab8fce28&photoid=00e07ba0-abb1-4e6d-8914-4193d46bafcc

MontanaGrizzzlies said:
Anyone know who the top recruits are of the 2017 class from Montana

Glacier will have the son of former Nebraska Husker Gilman.

The Son is Taden Gilman listed as QB, FS, SS

Buttegrizzle said:
krammer said:
krammer said:
McMillan, out of billings central, played his jr and senior years on o/l special teams at u of iowa....

also the o/lineman out of billings west that started for Missouri a couple years ago on that real good Missouri team....don't recall his name....I remember he was an excellent student too, major in chemistry I believe...

Hmmm. More than I remembered. Maybe just maybe Montana is actually producing ridiculously more footbsll players per capita than other states...

thought of another good one, mitch Donahue out of billings west,,,was all time sack leader at Wyoming at one time and played several years in nfl. 49ers and broncos I believe....

Paytonlives said:
MontanaGrizzzlies said:

He's a very good athlete on both sides of the ball.

MontanaGrizzzlies said:

These are the only soph and freshman that made All-State (class AA) honors last season:

Second team offense

P – Nathan Dick, so., Senior

Honorable mention offense

WR – Gabe Sulser, fr.

Honorable mention defense

DE – Jaxen Hashley, so., Glacier
ILB – Kendall Johnson, so., Helena
OLB – Tadan Gilman, so., Glacier

Paytonlives said:
MontanaGrizzzlies said:

I played in HS against the 6'3", 235 Mark Gilman, he was a great player, physical kid. He did go to Nebraska on a football scholarship, and Randy Street (who played SS for us in Butte, a year ahead of me) also went to Nebraska on a wrestling scholarship. Gotta love the flashbacks. :thumb:

IntuitiveGriz said:
Paytonlives said:
MontanaGrizzzlies said:

I played in HS against the 6'3", 235 Mark Gilman, he was a great player, physical kid. He did go to Nebraska on a football scholarship, and Randy Street (who played SS for us in Butte, a year ahead of me) also went to Nebraska on a wrestling scholarship. Gotta love the flashbacks. :thumb:

Gilman's son will be getting plenty of BCS attention. Here is to hoping he wants to stay home. Maybe the new facilities will be enough to keep him home. :thumb:

Do you know anything about a kid named Janaway from Polson? I think he is DT or DE and big with quick feet. Last year was over 300 now around 235 and about 6' 2"

pyroguy said:
Do you know anything about a kid named Janaway from Polson? I think he is DT or DE and big with quick feet. Last year was over 300 now around 235 and about 6' 2"

From the Polson 2014 football roster:

77 REMINGTON JANEWAY...11...6' 4...325...OL/DL

Latest posts

Back