• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2016 Montana High School Football Recruiting List

1972 said:
Not trying to start anything here, from the looks of it, we only have one kid from MT that got a full ride. Cats got a few we would have liked to have, some we didn't have much chance on, a couple of others, wonder if we offered them partials, PWO's, or a full? Be curious to know.

I've been wondering that too. Total speculation here, but I've gotta think at this point the Griz offers to Finch and Hadley, for example, were partials or PWOs. I also don't know what sort of offers all the Montana kids got from MSU. Anybody know? Are they all getting full schollies?

Paytonlives said:
If I was a D player and had a choice between UM and msu and I looked at possibility of playing time, I'd pick msu....

They are in total rebuild mode on D and it would be easier to start sooner in Boozeman...
Yep.

AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:
If I was a D player and had a choice between UM and msu and I looked at possibility of playing time, I'd pick msu....

They are in total rebuild mode on D and it would be easier to start sooner in Boozeman...
Yep.

Sounds like a re-build on offense as well. Either way, boat loads of fun ahead.

So, looking on Scout.com and they list a DE from Helena, Brett Granger, as a 2-star, yet I don't see him on any of these lists....did he not pursue college? Or football?

AZGrizFan said:
So, looking on Scout.com and they list a DE from Helena, Brett Granger, as a 2-star, yet I don't see him on any of these lists....did he not pursue college? Or football?

I would not trust one rating for Montana kids from any of the sites. These sites have zero clue what is going on with Montana kids. They at one point had Dane Warp ranked as a 3-star QB recruit.

I'll lead you to the promise land on who the best Montana recruits will be next year. The Cats and Griz got all the best kids on their rosters on signing day with a few more to come as PWOs. The only kid left that I thought deserved some sort of scholarship compensation was Payton O'Reilly and he has yet to make a decision on his future. I think he wanted a full-ride from either of the in-state schools and simply didn't get one. All I know is that the kid can play linebacker at a high level and was the AA Defensive MVP last year.

AZGrizFan said:

Helena, Alabama :thumb:

How scouting sites evaluate Montana:

bartolo-colon-swing-and-miss-against-pirates-b.gif

Not sure if this is true but a friend told me that Bill Yeager from Twin Bridges did not sign with Tech. He turned down a full tuition scholarship and has now verbally committed to Montana State track & field.

Back