• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2011 Griz Football Recruiting List

Bjorn Bjornstein said:
go96griz said:
Can somebody explain why Whitted was announced in last year's class, yet is listed again this year as a gray shirt? That doesn't make any sense.

I don't believe he was a scholarship athlete last year but part of an oversign group and grey shirted. What isn't clear to me is how or if oversigned athletes can be "announced" as part of a year's recruiting class if they aren't earning a scholarship...I guess the answer is yes??

I am pretty sure the University can't say anything about them until they are enrolled full time, which would be next Winter. They can announce them once they are enrolled full time.

LostGriz said:
Payton-any surprises expected tomorrow? Feel free to speculate (even dream a little).
I still think there is a experienced QB in the works...

Let me first say there IS ALWAYS a surprise and thats what makes tomorrow fun. Can anyone say Mitch Saylor and Canada!!!

The guy that I hope the griz land is Dante (Dontee) Prevost. I know he is a WR, but the guy is 6'3" runs a sub 4.5 and a 3 star recruit.
OR
Taylor Altringer another burner WR

I dont know if UM needs another CB/S... but this kid is a player.
CB-Jaloni Williams (Chaminade College Prep) West Hills, CA 6-1 180 4.55 (2 Star)

On the OL
Jamie Wandell (New Westminster Secondary HS) New Westminster, BC 6-3.5/290 (OL & DL)
He played on both sides of the ball for Canadian team in a game in Texas.
OR
OL-Samson Kalekini (Kapolei HS) Kapolei, HI 6'5" 270

On the DL
Mike Moala Kaimuki HS (Honolulu, HI)6'2" 270 (3 Star)

Sounds like the staff did a good job spreading the scholarships around. Looks like numbers wise the recruiting classes will same between MSU and UM. At least your highlight videos will be more exciting to watch than ours.

IntuitiveGriz said:
LostGriz said:
Payton-any surprises expected tomorrow? Feel free to speculate (even dream a little).

There will be suprise tomorrow

Based on past experience or inside knowledge? I'm assuming a drop-down QB is still likely, either now or in the fall, but it's amazing how quiet it has been on that front.

I will throw out a thank you very much Payton as well, I'm sure this takes a lot of time to do and it its very appreciated by all that come to e-griz again, thanks man.

Paytonlives said:
LostGriz said:
Let me first say there IS ALWAYS a surprise and thats what makes tomorrow fun. Can anyone say Mitch Saylor and Canada!!!

Canada was a pleasant surprise last summer, but he was not part of the February recruiting class.

Everyone needs to remember that the class announced today is not going to be complete, it never is. There may or may not be a dropdown QB announced today, but that doesn't mean there is not going to be one.

I didn't think transfers could be announced until the player was enrolled in school. Can someone clarify that?

62GRIZ said:
I didn't think transfers could be announced until the player was enrolled in school. Can someone clarify that?
That is true... however, usually it is reported in the media long before the get to campus.

Are you guys recruiting Colorado much anymore? It seemed under your old coach you had at least 2-3 players from the CO.

GoGriz will be streaming the 'Signee Press Conference' at 2:00PM.

Check the multimedia tab in the football pages at that site. :thumb:

BigSkyBears said:
Are you guys recruiting Colorado much anymore? It seemed under your old coach you had at least 2-3 players from the CO.

Interesting point. Hauck had some connections in Colorado as he used to coach there and recruit the area for CU. Pflugrad's connections are on the west coast, so he's more likely to recruit Washington, Oregon, and California. You look at our staff and it has similar roots. Those connections are valuable and can be the difference in signing certain kids. The geographical emphasis has probably shifted because of that.

Back