• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

1 and Done

mthoopsfan wrote: ↑Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:12 pm

Are you okay with a down season and maybe no playoffs, to accomplish what you want?

You want others to become like the rest of you Haucksuckers who are ok with precisely that. 8-5 is (or should be) a downseason with a 24th seed in the playoffs based on the roll of a dice (the maybe) with some teams the last game of the season. OK, I'm alright with developing qbs and having a 8-5 season as long as you are ok with bringing in a new coaching regime that has a chance to change the direction in the future.

sdk.catfish said:

Are you okay with a down season and maybe no playoffs, to accomplish what you want?

You want others to become like the rest of you Haucksuckers who are ok with precisely that. 8-5 is (or should be) a downseason with a 24th seed in the playoffs based on the roll of a dice (the maybe) with some teams the last game of the season. OK, I'm alright with developing qbs and having a 8-5 season as long as you are ok with bringing in a new coaching regime that has a chance to change the direction in the future.

Nobody is okay with 8-5. Good and knowledgeable fans know that the record would have been better with a healthy qb. UM wasn't seeded 24th. All teams don't get seeded; only 8. The current coaching team, with normal adjustments, is perfectly capable to taking the Griz to the promised land. Hauck's getting the team to an average top 10 post-season ranking, in years 2, 3 and 4, is very good and was faster than expected. Again, any good and knowledgeable fan would know that. Some bad fans without a good understanding of football don't understand these things.

mthoopsfan said:
sdk.catfish said:

Nobody is okay with 8-5. Good and knowledgeable fans know that the record would have been better with a healthy qb. UM wasn't seeded 24th. All teams don't get seeded; only 8. The current coaching team, with normal adjustments, is perfectly capable to taking the Griz to the promised land. Hauck's getting the team to an average top 10 post-season ranking, in years 2, 3 and 4, is very good and was faster than expected. Again, any good and knowledgeable fan would know that. Some bad fans without a good understanding of football don't understand these things.

Any good and knowledgeable fan knows the coaches failed to recruit and develop qbs. Oh, and that the Griz finished in 6th place after being selected to win the conference. Griz were gifted a home playoff game because of the fans. If that game would have been on the road, the Griz would have been crushed and the discussion on this board, even from Hoops, would be significantly different.

uptopgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Any good and knowledgeable fan knows the coaches failed to recruit and develop qbs. Oh, and that the Griz finished in 6th place after being selected to win the conference. Griz were gifted a home playoff game because of the fans. If that game would have been on the road, the Griz would have been crushed and the discussion on this board, even from Hoops, would be significantly different.

I said it when the SEMO game was announced: a patsie at home for a gifted playoff win would just provide more support for the "status quo" crowd. And that's exactly what has happened.

I would honestly perferred NOT to make the playoffs and force some real change. Particularly on the offensive side of the ball. Instead we get Bobby rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. But hey, this year we have an easier schedule so maybe they can win a few more games, huh? Help make the case for what a great coach Bobby is.

AZGrizFan said:
uptopgriz said:

I said it when the SEMO game was announced: a patsie at home for a gifted playoff win would just provide more support for the "status quo" crowd. And that's exactly what has happened.

I would honestly perferred NOT to make the playoffs and force some real change. Particularly on the offensive side of the ball. Instead we get Bobby rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. But hey, this year we have an easier schedule so maybe they can win a few more games, huh? Help make the case for what a great coach Bobby is.
God damn, can't you give it a rest?

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:

God damn, can't you give it a rest?

What would you like to talk about? :D

sdk.catfish said:

I am still amazed that a person would believe that anyone doesn't see last season as a disappointment based on all the hoopla and expectations, even if they are deemed a "Haucksucker".

AZGrizFan said:
uptopgriz said:

That’s a hysterically sad picture. Funny but possibly true.

alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:

We'll lose of the gimmie games. Bobby not having the team ready to play for one home game is who he is.

Mavman said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
It always amazes me how differently posters view the transfers. They act like Montana is the only school in the nation that deals with it or relies on transfers. Watch as closely to Alabama or Texas or Montana State or NDSU and they would see every program has a bunch of kids coming and going every year.

Also do people forget that all of Haucks previous Montana programs where we dominated every year always had a ton of drop down transfers that played significant roles?

I'm really only discussing the QB position here. I think the portal is great for plugging holes and developing depth. I just think the Griz should be able to recruit and develop a 2-3 year starter at the qb position, whether it be a highschool or transfer.

I do agree with you. I really really want that. Current programs that have apparently passed us talent wise in NDSU MSU SDSU and Idaho have all been successful with that so far. See if Idahos QB sticks around. Even EWU had previously had unreal success with 3 year QBs. Probably why it seems like they’ve only played 3-4 guys over the last 10 years against us lol

uptopgriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:

We'll lose of the gimmie games. Bobby not having the team ready to play for one home game is who he is.

The Griz aren’t going to lose gimmie games at home. Hauck has his teams prepared at home as well or better than most good coaches. I assume he has a higher home win percentage than any UM coach ever.

mthoopsfan said:
uptopgriz said:

The Griz aren’t going to lose gimmie games at home. Hauck has his teams prepared at home as well or better than most good coaches. I assume he has a higher home win percentage than any UM coach ever.

He fails to have his team ready every week. That's why we lose to horrible teams like Portland State and Idaho. When's the last time MSU lost at home?

uptopgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

He fails to have his team ready every week. That's why we lose to horrible teams like Portland State and Idaho. When's the last time MSU lost at home?

Idaho wasn't a horrible team. They were a playoff team.

Back