• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dangers of the Internet

BadlandsGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
grizpsych said:
SoldierGriz said:
Again, no one is forced to take on debt....not one person.

What are all the options then Soldier?

Work and pay cash. Community colleges for gen eds,, military and GI Bill. There are ways and it absolutely can be done.

I agree with your ways of not accumulating a lot of debt, and obviously understand your regards to our Armed Services, but to continue on the trend of the topic, which is Millenials, and how horrible we are you understand your scenarios solution is essentially telling millenials, "Hey man, you can get free school and get a good loan on a home, all you have to do is risk your life by getting shot at, or blown up by an IED"

Because for my generation, joining the service means right after school, you enlist around 2006-07 and you get sent to Iraq, or Afghanistan.

Im sorry but telling 18 year olds, heyyy man theres a way to not go into debt, all you have to do is get shot at...is not the high bar I think we should be setting as a nation.

There are literally thousands of jobs in the military where you have virtually zero chance of ever getting shot at. And you get the exact same benefits as those who DO choose to sign up for infantry or rifleman.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
getgrizzy said:
SoldierGriz said:
The 2 World Wars were small potatoes for sure...

No they weren’t small potatoes. But they didn’t involve people hijacking airplanes loaded with innocent civilians that were flown into buildings (WTC2 in particular) as millions watched, then rewatched on endless loops from numerous angles with people screaming and recordings of people on the phone pleading for help as the building collapsed, while others fell in plain view to their death.

There are things just as horrific, like the holocaust, but most of those things weren’t being broadcast live on multiple television stations worldwide for everyone to see. So nothing really compares to 9-11.

Just stop. During our Revolution, westward expansion, Civil War, Great Depression, and World Wars...nearly every single family in the Nation was affected in an intimate way. It was up close and personal in ways we cannot even imagine.

Your post is typical tho....our younger generations have almost zero perspective or historical context resulting in the belief that life is soooooo hard.

Lol, Ive never said our life is sooooo hard. What is waaaay more hard tho is what it takes to make a decent living and providing for yourself as an American now days. All those generations you mention that came before wernt competing with anyone else outside the united states for jobs, or really anything. You cant act like thats not a factor. Has lifes comfort and accessibility became much much easier, YES..100%. Do outside factors exist that previous generations never had to even fathom thinking about exist with younger generations now??? ABSOLUTELY

I wonder how many of our grandparents were worried if they were going to lose their jobs to some 17 year old in India..or a ROBOT when they were 20?

Robits are assholes!

AZGrizFan said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
grizpsych said:
What are all the options then Soldier?

Work and pay cash. Community colleges for gen eds,, military and GI Bill. There are ways and it absolutely can be done.

I agree with your ways of not accumulating a lot of debt, and obviously understand your regards to our Armed Services, but to continue on the trend of the topic, which is Millenials, and how horrible we are you understand your scenarios solution is essentially telling millenials, "Hey man, you can get free school and get a good loan on a home, all you have to do is risk your life by getting shot at, or blown up by an IED"

Because for my generation, joining the service means right after school, you enlist around 2006-07 and you get sent to Iraq, or Afghanistan.

Im sorry but telling 18 year olds, heyyy man theres a way to not go into debt, all you have to do is get shot at...is not the high bar I think we should be setting as a nation.

There are literally thousands of jobs in the military where you have virtually zero chance of ever getting shot at. And you get the exact same benefits as those who DO choose to sign up for infantry or rifleman.
I think they call that the Navy. :) !

Ursa Major said:
AZGrizFan said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:

I think they call that the Navy. :) !

Also known as the Air Force... :D Every service has their “non-combat” roles....there’s lots of Navy guys getting shot at/shot up in battles...and there’s lots of pencil-pusher Marines.....

Latest posts

Back